REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   iRacing 2.0! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/643431-iracing-2-0-a.html)

Vancouver240sx 04-20-2011 03:17 PM

iRacing 2.0!

iRacing.com Announces iRacing 2.0!!!

Highlights of iRacing 2.0
  • May 2011
  • Early preview of Dave Kaemmer’s new tire model available on the new NASCAR Nationwide car.
  • Launch of in-game awards program – over 50 different participation awards members can earn.
  • Night racing on road courses using headlights beginning with Sebring International Raceway and the V8 Supercar, Mazda MX5 Cup & Roadster, Corvette C6.R, Riley Daytona Prototype, Pontiac Solstice, VW Jetta TDI Cup and Mustang Challenge race cars.
  • New NASCAR “Nationwide” stock car – race the car you watch on Saturdays.
  • Okayama International Circuit (Japan) – the first of several tracks from the island nation.
  • New telemetry output for the data hungry racers.
  • Private league racing enhancements including: reduced pricing, advanced scheduling, new race session options and additional grid spots to virtually every track.
  • Graphic and shader upgrades in-game for more lifelike visuals.
  • Complete graphical overhaul of the Skip Barber FSB2000 race car – updating our first car to current standards.
  • Opening practice sessions to all license levels (excluding Pro Series).
  • Enhanced pitting and damage repair for all cars.
  • Preferred/custom car numbers.
  • Improved accuracy of the modeled physical track surface to match the laser scanned data better than ever before.

August 2011
  • New Tire Model for all cars.
  • Enhanced aero model for improved drafting and more realistic downforce characteristics.
  • Heat/Tournament racing for private leagues/sessions.
  • Driver aids available for private leagues and Rookie series (ABS brakes, traction control, driving line, steering aids, etc.).
  • Enhancements of new sound system.
  • Endurance racing and driver swaps.
  • Suzuka Circuit (Japan).
  • Iowa Speedway (USA).
  • Ford GT race car
  • Honda LMP ARX-01C race car
  • Live pop-up chat on member site.

More info on iRacing and about the new build here at: THIS LINK

rich

dark0821 04-20-2011 05:58 PM

:fuckyea:

Raid3n 04-20-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark0821 (Post 7400417)
:fuckyea:

QFT

Vancouver240sx 04-20-2011 10:54 PM

Who else plays?

Richard Basford

RE-Jo 04-21-2011 08:21 AM

Do you need a fast computer to run iRacing?

Vancouver240sx 04-21-2011 08:29 AM

Of course it is better to have something faster but you really don't need top of the line. The graphics are very scalable and they have don't quite a bit of work lately to bump up the frames per second for everyone.

I'd suggest if you have a wheel, go buy 1 month and try it out.

rich

Video of the newly released Okayama International Circuit and updated Skip barber car:

Raid3n 04-21-2011 11:36 PM

i'm going to have to renew my subscription soon! lol

Vancouver240sx 05-13-2011 01:23 PM

Hey guys!

This Saturday I'll be hosting a Race session at the Okayama International!!

Car: Mazda Miata (Roadster or Cup)
Track: Okayama International Circuit (Short Course)
Format: 15 minute practice starting at 11:00am. 15 minute Qualifying session. 20 lap race from a standing start.
Password: saturday

Rich

Quick tutorial:

rich

Vancouver240sx 05-14-2011 09:34 AM

Server is up and running!!

Password: saturday

Come join in the race!

rich

Vancouver240sx 05-31-2011 11:08 PM

Hey Guys,

Make another quick tutorial for Lime Rock Park in the Miata! Hope it helps!

rich

Vancouver240sx 11-22-2012 12:39 PM

Hey Guys,

I know a lot of people more are playing iRacing these days so I thought I would dig up this post again!

Who else plays? What do you drive? Whats your setup like??

Rich

european 11-22-2012 01:16 PM

siiiick!

LuHua 11-23-2012 02:44 AM

Haven't had time to touch this in a while...but I used to use a G27 with my 27" monitor. Focused mainly on the Cup and Spec Miata on Laguna Seca and Lime Rock. Good times.

FerrariEnzo 11-23-2012 04:29 AM

I dont have a steering wheel..
I have a PC controller, but when I drive, my car always steers slightly right...
I updated my windows drivers and looking for new drivers on logitech site.. nothing..
I have the RumblePad2.

Its tough using the keyboard to play racing games..

N8 11-23-2012 11:09 AM

^ isn't there a calibration tool that came with it?

Vancouver240sx 11-23-2012 02:30 PM

I can't imagine playing without a wheel!! Recently been playing the C6R, a bugger of a car on long runs..

But I've shifted my focus and I plan to do a lot of iRacing over the winter so I want to 'start again'

Going back to the nVideo cup, working into the Grand Touring Cup, then Mustangs and back to the C6R. Long road ahead, but it will be fun!!

Rich

LuHua 12-14-2012 10:06 PM

Well, done my exams and renewed iRacing for a month. Anyone on?

Raid3n 12-15-2012 12:53 PM

i'm going to renew i think
i want to play again.. i'll be racing the cup miata i think..should pick up another monitor while i'm at it haha

corollagtSr5 12-08-2015 04:46 PM

Anyone still playing this? If so how do you like it now in 2015?

Dragon-88 12-08-2015 05:38 PM

I just resubscribed for 4 years. I don't play often but with the 50% off annual memberships I couldnt say no. This is by far the best Racing simulator out there. PS4,X1 games just dont compare. But again this game is extremely competitive and it truly shows in the ranking system.

Nurburgring and the Mclaren MP4-30 just got released today, so i'm extremely ecstatic for that.

Dont need a crazy computer to play, I run off a i5-650, 8GB Ram and 9800GT, all super old hardware. The game runs smooth and doesnt lag at all. I also use a G25 with a CKO Playseat.

I only do the road series, as I'm not interested in the Oval portion of the game at all. I really do enjoy the dual class races. It totally keeps you on your toes.

The site is extremely bogged down right now due to the new releases.

Vancouver240sx 12-08-2015 10:32 PM

That's right!!! If you haven't heard iRacing released the Green Hell today!!! The most detailed laser scanned model of the full course to date!!

Anyone interested in a lap times battle? We could post our times here (screen shots) and have a leaderboard!

Rich