REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Advanced Forced Induction & N/A Engine Tuning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/advanced-forced-induction-n-engine-tuning_305/)
-   -   Anti-Lag, who runs it? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/643446-anti-lag-who-runs.html)

clean 93 04-20-2011 08:16 PM

Anti-Lag, who runs it?

I just set up anti-lag on my 93 WRX. It is the first time I've run it and I have a few questions. How much boost should I be running on throttle lift off? Right now I'm running about 10psi on lift off and I am going to decrease the throttle opening so I am running closer to 2psi, but how much would a rally car run on lift off during a dry tarmac stage?

Dirt-McGirt 04-21-2011 10:03 AM

A real anti-lag setup should never be ran on a street car. Its just not worth it, and your turbo, exhaust and mainfold will be toast in no time. Anti lag moves combustion from the cylinders to your manifold (between the head and turbo) to keep expansion up (Heat) in your manifold, there for keeping your turbo spooled. If its not being used on a compition vehical, its useless. Flat shifting is a whole other story.

If you want a cheap and easy, and less stressed way to keep pressue in your charge pipes, run a tight blow off valve setting. Set it so it does not open below 5psi.

WRC cars run 4-6 psi in the manifold at all times.

shenmecar 04-21-2011 08:55 PM

interesting first post dude.

clean 93 07-03-2011 05:00 PM

Thanks, I've been working on my setup for a while now. I understand the ware and tear associated with antilag but thank you for highlighting them. Although my car is currently a street car, the anti-lag is being set up for motorsport use. I must say though, it is pretty darn fun... One more thing that makes me feel like a rally racer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirt-McGirt (Post 7401204)
A real anti-lag setup should never be ran on a street car. Its just not worth it, and your turbo, exhaust and mainfold will be toast in no time. Anti lag moves combustion from the cylinders to your manifold (between the head and turbo) to keep expansion up (Heat) in your manifold, there for keeping your turbo spooled. If its not being used on a compition vehical, its useless. Flat shifting is a whole other story.

If you want a cheap and easy, and less stressed way to keep pressue in your charge pipes, run a tight blow off valve setting. Set it so it does not open below 5psi.

WRC cars run 4-6 psi in the manifold at all times.

clean 93 07-03-2011 05:00 PM

Anybody else running anti-lag?

Muskys SS 07-17-2011 12:16 PM

I run Anti-lag only for launches and flat shifting for gear up changes. With the flat shifting option there is no lag between up shifts. The anti-lag function during shifting is nice for keeping the turbo spooled when downshifting, but it's pretty hardcore and noisy for use on the street.

angus 07-26-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muskys SS (Post 7514339)
I run Anti-lag only for launches and flat shifting for gear up changes. With the flat shifting option there is no lag between up shifts. The anti-lag function during shifting is nice for keeping the turbo spooled when downshifting, but it's pretty hardcore and noisy for use on the street.

How does the antilag work for hopping curbs???

Muskys SS 07-27-2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angus (Post 7525609)
How does the antilag work for hopping curbs???

It helps a lot, it's those posts that slow you down:facepalm:

Blue_TT 02-26-2012 11:58 PM

lol...so funny.. but sooo sad at the same time

adc 08-08-2014 04:29 PM

thoughts on rev limiters?

boatcaptain 08-08-2014 05:37 PM

crazy local sti
600WHP Subaru Impreza STi - Anti Lag and Cyclic Idle Outside Car Demo - YouTube

http://youtu.be/QllRjKYNzho?list=UUy...R27kQUpvJSkgGg

320icar 08-08-2014 05:41 PM

I want to run one, purely for the sound and nothing else. So that means I never will lol

Fafine 08-08-2014 05:43 PM

even his fish tank is balling

steveo1115 08-10-2014 06:37 PM

I want to run anti-lag, I love the sound. The only thing stopping me is I have an expensive exhaust