REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   BMW iDrive coding for Chinese/Japanese (https://www.revscene.net/forums/643468-bmw-idrive-coding-chinese-japanese.html)

kupo 04-21-2011 08:30 AM

BMW iDrive coding for Chinese/Japanese

I recently saw in bimmerpost, many shops in the States are offering coding to the iDrive so that it can read Unicode characters, such as Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc.

However, this has to be done in a shop. I don't want to rip off my iDrive and mail it to somewhere I have never been to..

I am wondering if anyone in Vancouver has done this locally? Is there an autologic store around that can do this?

Ferra 04-21-2011 10:36 AM

I just had mine coded to enable DVD in motion, digital speed display, window up with remote and etc....for these stuffs, all you need is a connection cable, a laptop, and knowing what values to change in the codes

I believe the asian character thing is a custom code tho...which means it is not something you just "enable" or "disable" from the original codes (like the DVD in motion function)
Someone actually wrote a set of codes themselves, and I am pretty sure they aren't intended on sharing these codes for free....so I doubt anyone locally would be able to do that (until someone publish the codes)

btw...i heard the coding for asian character display is still quite buggy, so you might wanna wait

wstce92 04-21-2011 01:36 PM

Coding with software and DCAN cables is required.
Check out e90post.com I remember a few local Vancouver threads on coding services.

godwin 04-21-2011 03:41 PM

You need to specify which iDrive you have. From Microsoft based to IBM / Linux based. The best is to pop out your module and get the part number and revision number

kyoshiro 04-21-2011 03:45 PM

i'd love to get unicode support in my Merc but man theres like nothing out there for COMAND :(
hell i cant even find a vagcom like thing for merc

kupo 04-21-2011 03:56 PM

Ferra: Yes, I spoke to some of the sponsors in those BMW forums. They can mail us a cable and do it remotely. I also asked about the Unicode language activation. It is something different than simple coding (As you suggested, not simple enables/disables). They haven't found a way to help me remotely yet, unless I can gather up more people.

wstce92: I would be happy if someone can do it locally for me! I will keep searching.

godwin: Mine is CIC, built in May 2010. BMW X6

SaviorSelf_666 04-21-2011 04:46 PM

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=510136&page=2

I'm trying to figure some stuff out for the members on there, I haven't ventured out to do iDrive coding yet. I'm sure its the same process as not having iDrive.

kupo 04-25-2011 07:09 AM

Hi Geby,

Thanks for posting the link. I would definitely be interested.
As for your coding, would that be just for activating/deactivating functions, such as remote-tail gate open/closing?
Are you able to convert the language display to Unicode?

Tai Chi 05-31-2013 01:50 PM

any idea of sucessfully coding iDrive to display Chinese (songs)?

Harvey Specter 05-31-2013 02:04 PM

I code my 750 (f01) at home, bought the cable and downloaded the software. I would never pay someone to do it.

And I'm not sure coding for a different language is possible because that would be a software upgrade on the CIC unit itself because coding for the CIC is pretty limited, most of the coding is done on the modules and the cars software and not the CIC unit.

godwin 05-31-2013 02:27 PM

That's more to do with how the song titles are encoded. Make sure the titles are in Unicode (default on Mac but not really on older Windows systems) then it should be fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tai Chi (Post 8250252)
any idea of sucessfully coding iDrive to display Chinese (songs)?

Tai Chi 05-31-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwin (Post 8250276)
That's more to do with how the song titles are encoded. Make sure the titles are in Unicode (default on Mac but not really on older Windows systems) then it should be fine.

Yeah, I double checked that, I manage my iTunes library on my mac and connect through an iPod....seems like the next gen navi/iDrive will be able to display chinese fine....or to purchase the really expensive snap-in cradle...

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716464

dinfung 06-01-2013 10:22 AM

From my limited understanding i don't believe there is a way to enable Unicode to North America idrive yet with out killing your nav. You can code it to have asia idrive system but you will also get the asia map.

Tai Chi 06-01-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinfung (Post 8250748)
From my limited understanding i don't believe there is a way to enable Unicode to North America idrive yet with out killing your nav. You can code it to have asia idrive system but you will also get the asia map.

yup! that's correct.

or you can get the snap in adapter if you got combox controller and it will just show whatever in your iphone on the screen, only way to displays Chinese.

xpl0sive 06-03-2013 12:13 PM

so do any local shops do coding for BMW's? I don't need chinese on my iDrive, i just need to code a few things like folding mirrors on lock, etc....

Tai Chi 06-03-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpl0sive (Post 8252031)
so do any local shops do coding for BMW's? I don't need chinese on my iDrive, i just need to code a few things like folding mirrors on lock, etc....

would love to know too...

Harvey Specter 06-03-2013 02:08 PM

What kind of BMW do you do drive? I have access to a enet cable and E-Sys.

xpl0sive 06-03-2013 02:29 PM

i've got an E70 X5, would you be able to do it? I'll buy beer or whatever you drink lol

Tai Chi 06-03-2013 03:01 PM

I just got a 13 X3 and would love to have windows folded when lock...or any other coding which is good? :D

-Remove disclaimer on startup & PDC
-Unlock the doors when engine is stopped
-Fog lights turn on with high beams
-Add DVD playback on NAV screen
-Enable DVD payback during motion

:D

Harvey Specter 06-03-2013 03:05 PM

I don't think you can code e0x chassis using e-sys but I'll check. Fxx chassis is not a issue.

Energy 06-03-2013 03:07 PM

His X3 is F25 and you should be able to code it for him.

Us Exx guys get left out though :(

604nguyen 06-07-2013 10:47 AM

Sorry to hijack the thread, but anybody able to help me code for an AUX input on an E60?

I have the OBD cable but cant figure out how to properly setup INPA or NCSexpert on the laptop

I will gladly reward you with a 6-pack

Mr.C 06-07-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Energy (Post 8252140)
His X3 is F25 and you should be able to code it for him.

Us Exx guys get left out though :(

Just get a setup with INPA/DIS/Progman and go to town lol