REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/suspension-brakes-wheels-tires-tech_191/)
-   -   Question for all you gear heads - Brembo Brakes?? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/643954-question-all-you-gear-heads-brembo-brakes.html)

dr_squat 04-27-2011 08:27 AM

Question for all you gear heads - Brembo Brakes??

What would be the best option to replace my Brembo brakes on my 2008 Acura TL - Type S??

Thanks

fliptuner 04-27-2011 11:30 AM

Are you asking about price, quality, retailer, performance, or????????????

dr_squat 04-28-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 7410970)
Are you asking about price, quality, retailer, performance, or????????????

Sorry... guess I forgot to type the rest out!

Looking to replace my stock brakes as they are at 35% right now -(front) and going to replace the rear ones as well...
What would be my best choice? stock through Acura
Aftermarket - what are some good options?
Best quality other than OEM.

I just want decent performance nothing fancy but good value and durability.

Thanks again!!!

MindBomber 04-28-2011 02:13 PM

I'm running hawk HPS+ pads and they have excellent bite, I would definitely recommend them to anyone; I've also heard lots of good things about EBC green stuff. You shouldn't need to replace the rotors on, I suspect, your first pad change, but it's a good idea to change your brake fluid. I'd also encourage you to consider upgrading to stainless steel brake lines, they're hands down one of the best mods anyone can do to their braking set-up and they're by no means expensive.

lowside67 04-28-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindBomber (Post 7412571)
I'm running hawk HPS+ pads and they have excellent bite, I would definitely recommend them to anyone; I've also heard lots of good things about EBC green stuff. You shouldn't need to replace the rotors on, I suspect, your first pad change, but it's a good idea to change your brake fluid. I'd also encourage you to consider upgrading to stainless steel brake lines, they're hands down one of the best mods anyone can do to their braking set-up and they're by no means expensive.

Just an FYI, there is no such thing as a Hawk HPS+. Hawk makes the HPS (good street pad) and the HP+ (shitty street pad - it's a welfare track pad and an awful one at that).

For a pure street car I'd probably run a low dust ceramic pad.

I also would pass on the stainless steel brake lines, they are a complete waste of money. Modern cars have "rubber" looking soft lines but they are in fact the exact same stainless lines inside a rubber protective coating. I have experience with a wide variety of vehicles beyond simple street driving and I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt, they are bling and no more, and sometimes worse! OEM lines = OEM quality, this is a good thing.

Brake fluid flush on the other hand is GOOD advice and something that goes much further to improve your brake feel.

Mark

dr_squat 05-03-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowside67 (Post 7412596)
Just an FYI, there is no such thing as a Hawk HPS+. Hawk makes the HPS (good street pad) and the HP+ (shitty street pad - it's a welfare track pad and an awful one at that).

For a pure street car I'd probably run a low dust ceramic pad.

I also would pass on the stainless steel brake lines, they are a complete waste of money. Modern cars have "rubber" looking soft lines but they are in fact the exact same stainless lines inside a rubber protective coating. I have experience with a wide variety of vehicles beyond simple street driving and I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt, they are bling and no more, and sometimes worse! OEM lines = OEM quality, this is a good thing.

Brake fluid flush on the other hand is GOOD advice and something that goes much further to improve your brake feel.

Mark

Thanks man!

I think im going to go with the HAWK HPS and a brake flush!
:D