REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/automotive-detailing-car-care-tech_49/)
-   -   Leather Rescue Help!!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/644111-leather-rescue-help.html)

CP.AR 04-28-2011 08:14 PM

Leather Rescue Help!!!

Hi all...

I'm an amateur at best when it comes to exterior detailing, and when it comes to interior all I know is: Aerospace 303, and wipe other stuff with a damp cloth :hotbaby:

These seats were neglected from the previous owner, and these cracks have been there since I bought the car... (see pictures below)

Can somebody recommend me some product(s) and procedure to attempt to fix them? Or is it too badly damaged to get a proper fix

TIA

SilvLX888 04-28-2011 09:30 PM

i've got the same prob as u. so far i've looked at the leatherique stuff and lexol. havent gotten around to trying them.

HondaGuy 04-28-2011 09:42 PM

Yep, I use lexol leather conditioner preservatives on my leather upholstery.
Comes in a small brown jug. Sorta a light yellow cream.

It works wonders, it reconditioners the leather by giving its natural oil that leather needs. Brings it back to life by enriching the grains so it breathes and replenish look.
Clean the seats from dust with cloth then pour a little and rub it with hands.
It will be a little shiny and oily at first, try not to sit for few hours.

Afterwards it should turn out better than before.
I only use the aerospace 303 if leather is already good and just want a nice coat for shine and protection from UV.

If u need to try some, let me know.
I also have the lexol leather cleaner (orange bottle) for wiping dust.
Posted via RS Mobile

kyoshiro 04-28-2011 11:15 PM

yeah you'll be reconditioning the leather. Gotta let it soak up nutrients and it should get back healthy. Leatherique products are probably the best at leatehr stuff.
Swissvax also carries a few leather products which do work very well too from what I hear from others.

I only have Swissvax Leather cleaner and Einszett Leather care (cleaner+conditioner) at hand since I only have fake leather (lol mbtex) if you need some
Think i have some leatherique cleaner sample too.

911fanatic 05-01-2011 12:15 PM

If the leather is in less than decent condition, I'd spend the money and get Leatherique. Works better than anything for deep cleaning really bad seats. Soak the seats in it, cover in plastic garbage bags and leave overnight. The directions on the bottles are very vague. Way better directions on their website.

CP.AR 05-01-2011 11:02 PM

I would say the leather is in decent condition other than the cracks. I guess I'll pick up some lexol

markrusell 05-03-2011 09:24 AM

I'd spend the cash and get Leatherette. Works better than any thing for deep cleansing actually awful seats. Soak the chairs in it, cover in artificial rubbish sacks and depart overnight. The main headings on the containers are very vague. Way better main headings on their website.

CP.AR 05-03-2011 10:17 AM

^ why the hell did you just regurtitate what 911fanatic just said? Did you really just look through a thesaurus and come up with "artificial rubbish sacks"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 911fanatic (Post 7416113)
If the leather is in less than decent condition, I'd spend the money and get Leatherique. Works better than anything for deep cleaning really bad seats. Soak the seats in it, cover in plastic garbage bags and leave overnight. The directions on the bottles are very vague. Way better directions on their website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markrusell (Post 7418656)
I'd spend the cash and get Leatherette. Works better than any thing for deep cleansing actually awful seats. Soak the chairs in it, cover in artificial rubbish sacks and depart overnight. The main headings on the containers are very vague. Way better main headings on their website.

StealthFighter 05-03-2011 12:50 PM

leatherique or leather masters will be your best bet. i just ordered some leather masters because i got it for a damn good price.

lexol from what i've read is better for just maintaining, not restoring.

CP.AR 05-03-2011 02:29 PM

Will I need to take any further precautions/steps because my leather is perforated (ie: has little holes in them)?

911fanatic 05-03-2011 07:00 PM

Dont apply the cleaner too heavily as it'll build up in the holes.

whitescirocco 05-04-2011 02:39 PM

I grabbed some Lexol conditioner and cleaner from Oversea's and it works good on maintaining leather for sure however leatherique is where its at for restoration.

If you are interested i'll split the cost on a bottle with you as I need some more :)

asiandude 05-04-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Picard (Post 7418695)
^ why the hell did you just regurtitate what 911fanatic just said? Did you really just look through a thesaurus and come up with "artificial rubbish sacks"?

it's a bot:fullofwin:
check its posts

Ducdesmo 06-01-2011 10:12 PM

Looks like the infamous TL seats lol. I just bought some Leatherique stuff and should be arriving soon. Hopefully it will help as I have read some great reviews on it. Can I buy the 303 stuff locally?

ImportXxX 06-01-2011 10:40 PM

is there a place to buy leatherique locallly?

Ducdesmo 06-01-2011 10:56 PM

I dont think so. I had to buy mine online. $40 + 10 for shipping within US.

CP.AR 06-01-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsallaboutgz (Post 7456682)
Looks like the infamous TL seats lol. I just bought some Leatherique stuff and should be arriving soon. Hopefully it will help as I have read some great reviews on it. Can I buy the 303 stuff locally?

I got mine from Canadian Tire. I can't find it on their website but I can swear they carry that stuff (or at least used to)

ShyGuy 06-02-2011 02:27 PM

I remember awhile back seeing someone on craigslist selling leatherique

kyoshiro 06-02-2011 11:27 PM

one of the steveston boat store (the one that sells fishing stuff on 2nd floor and boat stuff at bottom) carries 303 and also collinites (the only ones that we can relate to for automotive off the top of my head)