REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Mazda Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/mazda-tech-resources_313/)
-   -   Calling all RX8 owners! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/645091-calling-all-rx8-owners.html)

Nabatron 05-24-2011 01:51 PM

I know a few people joined our facebook group from here just wondering if anymore people are interested!

simplyamazing17 06-23-2011 06:55 AM

anybody know where to get bodykits installed, good and cheap? and also which cold-air intake do you guys recommend?

RevRav 06-23-2011 07:07 AM

^ are you 17 years old?

Bodykit + good + cheap = :facepalm:

simplyamazing17 06-25-2011 05:38 AM

if you don't like to help...you can keep your mouth shut... its really simple..

RevRav 06-25-2011 05:56 AM

Sorry bro,

On the more serious side, if you want an awesome bodykit with a reasonable price...I would suggest you contact Arash, a member on RS. Give him a PM, and he would be able to discuss with you in more detail what kind of kit you want.
- reasonably priced,
- custom fit,
- guarantee fitment, and
- local, save on shipping cost!

Redlines_Daily 06-25-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevRav (Post 7489545)
Sorry bro,

On the more serious side, if you want an awesome bodykit with a reasonable price...I would suggest you contact Arash, a member on RS. Give him a PM, and he would be able to discuss with you in more detail what kind of kit you want.
- reasonably priced,
- custom fit,
- guarantee fitment, and
- local, save on shipping cost!

:facepalm:

Nabatron 06-28-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplyamazing17 (Post 7487222)
anybody know where to get bodykits installed, good and cheap? and also which cold-air intake do you guys recommend?

Is this for an RX8? just checked your profile and said for rx but Im going to assume ifs for the 8 haha but I would recommend Racing beat rev8 intake system I might go with that for my next mod on my 8 or you could go with AEM or mazdaspeed cold air intake if you can still find one...With bodykit I like the mazdaspeed kit but they dont make them anymore so it will be hard to find and if you do find one its going to be expensive!

spigot52 06-28-2011 01:43 PM

Mazdaspeed has always been expensive.
Still can buy from http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...egoryID=156861
and https://www.mazda-parts.com/speed/in...6d28ac98f51597

npizz 08-07-2011 05:14 PM

Just sold my silver 04 RX8 with mazdaspeed body kit, it was such a great car with great build quality but the 1.3L throws you off since it's a rotary and maintenance is quite high. But the drive is awesome and you can't complain especially with the cheap price.. due to a horrible depressiation rate. Hope you enjoy it!

Nabatron 08-07-2011 10:43 PM

too bad you sold your 8 its all good tho thanks brutha!

yppan 09-20-2011 03:06 PM

ya. rx8. been having them since they came out. on my third 8 now.
got a white r3 right when it came out. first one to hit the road~ if you saw a white one cruising around since 09 it's prob me lol

GLOW 09-23-2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yppan (Post 7584587)
ya. rx8. been having them since they came out. on my third 8 now.
got a white r3 right when it came out. first one to hit the road~ if you saw a white one cruising around since 09 it's prob me lol

any reason why you've gone through 3 already? not due to problems i hope.
i've wanted one for a while and have been reading up on rotaries on forums for a while. i'll have to wait for my kid to get older so i can fit a booster seat in the back lol. the white r3 is the one i like, too expensive for me brand new though lol

yppan 09-25-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 7587886)
any reason why you've gone through 3 already? not due to problems i hope.
i've wanted one for a while and have been reading up on rotaries on forums for a while. i'll have to wait for my kid to get older so i can fit a booster seat in the back lol. the white r3 is the one i like, too expensive for me brand new though lol

nope. no problem with any of them. first one was an 04 GS model 6spd.
i wanted to have leather and moonroof later, and automatic, for easier drives... so later i bought an 06 white GT automatic LOL. had it for a while, and when the R3 version was first landed. i switched to that.
until now = = havent found a replacement yet LOL
i used to work at mazda so, i took the first white r3.:heckno:

Nabatron 09-26-2011 08:43 PM

if any of u guys on here haven't joined our Facebook club well heres the link

m_grewal52 09-19-2012 12:42 PM

I'm thinking about trading my mazdaspeed 3 for a 13b rew swapped rx8.... if the bank says it's ok.

TurboFC3S 09-20-2012 04:25 PM

fucking do it manvir! LOL show me which one

UnknownJinX 03-12-2018 04:52 PM

Grand thread revival!

Just curious to see if there is anyone on here in mainland/on the island who still has one.

I see a few occasionally in Victoria.

coneZONE 03-14-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8892984)
Grand thread revival!

Just curious to see if there is anyone on here in mainland/on the island who still has one.

I see a few occasionally in Victoria.

Ok i don't have one. But honestly reminded of you every time i see one. I haven't even met you. LOL
There's a dark grey one I see once in a while near work...

UnknownJinX 03-14-2018 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coneZONE (Post 8893377)
Ok i don't have one. But honestly reminded of you every time i see one. I haven't even met you. LOL
There's a dark grey one I see once in a while near work...

I get excited like a little kid whenever I see one, especially a Series 2 like mine since they are pretty rare.

I recently saw quite a few in Victoria.

FlaK 04-04-2018 09:05 PM

I got a series 1 screaming triangle in my fleet, '08 70xxxkm, strong compression original keg and all. I thank the original owner premixing since day one, sohn adaptor, full catless exhaust and a redline a day lol. Only modded ride I own I proudly pour 10w40 old fashioned dino oil in ahah

Islander btw.

UnknownJinX 04-04-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaK (Post 8896517)
I got a series 1 screaming triangle in my fleet, '08 70xxxkm, strong compression original keg and all. I thank the original owner premixing since day one, sohn adaptor, full catless exhaust and a redline a day lol. Only modded ride I own I proudly pour 10w40 old fashioned dino oil in ahah

Islander btw.

Wow, that's pretty low mileage. My 09 is at 85xxx km right now.

Compression is pretty good when I bought the car. I do use premix, but not Sohn since there is no such option for Series 2(likely will never be; the market's too small). I have a BHR mid-pipe hooked up with an HJS Tuning cat, as I don't like the fume very much.

As for the oil, I just use 5W-20 and it serves me well enough. I had a UOA last year and the results didn't show any abnormal wear. Isn't 10W-40 a bit too thick for our climate? Or you don't drive yours in the winter?

FlaK 04-04-2018 09:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
10w40 is only "thick" when cold, once its good and warm its fine, and when its nice and hot after being run hard the thermal shear probably drops it closer to 10w30, running 10w40 means the oil has less thermal break down, thus better lubricating/coating at high temps, such as our wankles see, the oem spec 5w20 is simply a mpg move mazda did. that cost the lives of most of these motors early, just trying to get better mileage. Alot of debate towars oil with renesis, ive done alot of reading and i just went with what worked on my past rx7s, from my 12a's, 13b's to this, castrols never let me down.

Mine usually sits in the garage but i run 10w30 and 10w40 depends on the time of year and what im doing. Sohn adaptor is great mod, i just installed it, once this oil is ready for a change, ill be going to synthetic 10w30, cuz as you know shes not sipping on her own life blood lol. then I can do away with oil changes every 4k, bonus.

I got the same BHR mid, and the racing beat catback, great sound.

FlaK 04-04-2018 09:59 PM

if you look up oem specs for oil in europe for rx8's they call for 10w30 syn.... and we wonder why so many dealers were doing re and re's ahah

UnknownJinX 04-04-2018 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaK (Post 8896524)
10w40 is only "thick" when cold, once its good and warm its fine, and when its nice and hot after being run hard the thermal shear probably drops it closer to 10w30, running 10w40 means the oil has less thermal break down, thus better lubricating/coating at high temps, such as our wankles see, the oem spec 5w20 is simply a mpg move mazda did. that cost the lives of most of these motors early, just trying to get better mileage. Alot of debate towars oil with renesis, ive done alot of reading and i just went with what worked on my past rx7s, from my 12a's, 13b's to this, castrols never let me down.

Mine usually sits in the garage but i run 10w30 and 10w40 depends on the time of year and what im doing. Sohn adaptor is great mod, i just installed it, once this oil is ready for a change, ill be going to synthetic 10w30, cuz as you know shes not sipping on her own life blood lol. then I can do away with oil changes every 4k, bonus.

I got the same BHR mid, and the racing beat catback, great sound.

But isn't cold wear where a lot of wear comes from? At least that's the case for piston engines. That's why a lot of newer cars are pushing 0W-20 nowadays since it means you get the quickest oil flow on startup after all the oil drains back to the oil pan from sitting overnight.

Oil is a pretty big debate. The previous owners of my car have used 5W-20 conventional only, and I have done the same. I am aware of the fact that thinner oil can break down from heat, but my UOA analysis showed that there is little wear metal in the oil, so it's doing its job. If I live somewhere hotter, I would have gone up to 5W-30 or even 40.

I just make sure I check the oil level at every gas fill up. Series 2 actually makes the process easier. The dipstick is easier to access and the engine cover has a little port that opens so you can access the dipstick without having to remove the whole cover.

The downside for me is that I have to change spark plugs yearly now. I was actually shocked at how gross they look after only a year of driving, and I drive pretty hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaK (Post 8896528)
if you look up oem specs for oil in europe for rx8's they call for 10w30 syn.... and we wonder why so many dealers were doing re and re's ahah

I think Mazda recommends 5W-30 conventional on the other side of the pond.

They never officially recommended any synthetic. The official stance seems to be that you can use it, but they don't recommend it. I just stick with conventional because it's cheap and at 5000 km change intervals, I won't enjoy any benefit of the synthetic oil anyway.

I think another thing is that Series 1 also had inadequate oil injection by stock tune, which also caused the apex seals to fail faster. Have you cranked up the oil injection rate on your Series 1?

Nabatron 04-05-2018 10:22 AM

Kinda miss my 10' white rx8 r3 car was mint I only had 30,000kms on it. The electric steering module went on it and it was going to cost a whopping $1500 to get it replaced. The trade in value/book value of the car was only 14k so to me to get it fixed was not worth it. I just had a new baby and it was time to get something bigger. I traded her in 2015 for 16' wrx and have no complaints. Still miss it till this day but family life haha