REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   why is my dad like this (https://www.revscene.net/forums/645396-why-my-dad-like.html)

smalone_99 05-14-2011 09:12 PM

why is my dad like this

met my dad today for lunch and he went on a rampage about how--society and government, canucks, canadian people and culture , my chinese canadized friend and how myself too are all corrupt.
how we just spend money like crazy and seeing how government wasting so much money and is now in debt , hst, gas going up and how corporate ppl are all lairs and how everyone in life is a lair and scam and jsut loookign for themselves
hes telling me how my friends are just selfish and how people in life are just all selfish and lairs and ppl just look our for themselves and nobody really cares for you. if you have money ppl want to be ur friend and if you dont they stay away.
how the canucks are lazy and roberto luongo isnt that good a goalie and nucks are lazy ppl. and ppl who go to nucks games go and then later find out they cant even buy food and most are canadian ppl
i had friend come over and they be all nice to them and all, but when they leave thats when they start talking smack-they are using you for your car ride, they just using you to go to the gym, pretty much saying im getting used by these friends and becareful since everyone out there is a Con Artist, lair and cheat.

dont like talking to the guy, but hey hes my dad and my mom is like this too. i met ppl like this but i dont become freinds with them
hes telling me not to go to the gym too often-2xs a week. lol im glad i only see him once a week, hes telling me to read books on money, read newspaper and watch news as thats the only way to learn things and be smart.
he thinks having friends is a waste of time and dont call ur friends and dont care about other ppl. like having friends is about caring about other ppl

Shades 05-14-2011 09:19 PM

You have too much time on your hands.

noTirl 05-14-2011 09:25 PM

you should start a blog

smalone_99 05-14-2011 09:46 PM

he thinks only canadian or westernized ppl just like to go out and drink and party on weekend and relax and not the chinese and esp not the ones from china. lol hes against going to party and having fun on weekend and going out at night or going out---weird

he thinks all chinese just save money and not spend and study and work hard. and eveyrone in life and government and just everyone and everybody in western socirty is screwed and government is wasting money

DiiCii 05-14-2011 09:54 PM

quick edit but damn it was hard to understand:facepalm:

" I met my dad today and we went out for lunch. He went on a rampage about how the society, the government, the canucks, my friends, and all canadian people, including myself, are all corrupted. How everyone just spends money like crazy, and also seeing how the government wasted so much money and is currently in debt. The hst tax, gas prices raising, how corporate people are all liars, and how everyone in life generally is a liar and a scam.

He was telling me how my friends are all selfish people and only look out for themselves and nobody really cares about you. He was telling me how "if you have money, people want to be your friend. If you don't have money, they stay away." He also ranted about how the canucks are lazy and that Roberto Luongo isn't that good of a goalie. Also how people spent all their money on canucks tickets and couldn't afford anything else later on.

I had a friend come over and my parents would be all nice to them. But when they leave, that's when they start talking smack saying "they are using you for rides and you're just tagging along". He's saying I'm getting used by my "friends", and telling me to be careful since everyone out there is a Con Artist, liar, and cheater.

I don't enjoy talking to my dad. But afterall, he is my father. My mom is like this as well. I've came across people like this, but don't end up being friends with them. My dad was telling me not to go to the gym too often. He thinks twice a week is enough. lol I'm glad I only see him once a week. He's telling me to read books on money, newspapers, and watch the news. As that's the only way to learn and be smarter. He thinks having friends is a waste of time. Encouraging me to not call them anymore and don't care about other people."

my advice to you is to not take your parents for granted. some people wish they had parents to give them that type of advice, or even go out for lunch with.

perhaps your dad is right, and you're too lazy to understand:lol maybe he could be overreacting from the drastic change in todays society, and fears that you'll turn into something bad?

or he could be jelly that you have moar franz than him:troll:

mruppal 05-14-2011 10:44 PM

^ haha str8 up, his dad is jelllllllllllllllllllllllly

Presto 05-14-2011 10:47 PM

Thanks for the translate. Initially, I got the gist of it, but damn, did my head hurt! Joe, this is why you can't get the white chicks with big boobs.

6793026 05-15-2011 07:41 PM

see, whenever my mom or dad says shit like that...
i tell them: "can we talk about things that we are happy about". Life is not about complaining and then they realize they bitch a lot. The reason why they bitch a lot, cause they got no friends.... they need to get out more.

busdriverman 05-15-2011 07:44 PM

need some mutha fuckin coles notes up in this bitch yo

tiger_handheld 05-15-2011 09:54 PM

^ Dad is a nazi who hates on everybody.

+1 for dad being Jellly

Matlock 05-15-2011 10:33 PM

lol wut

I do not know you, your friends, or your father, but I find it to be ignorant of your father to say that everyone is a con-artist, liar, and a cheater. Perhaps he has had bad experiences with people, perhaps he is just old, but it's not right to say or believe that everyone is bad.

Friendship should be a two way street. If someone does me a favor, I'll be sure to return it with interest. If someone betrays me, I'll be sure to return it with interest.

crazyazn 05-15-2011 10:44 PM

why does anyone still read this guy's posts? :lol

The_AK 05-16-2011 12:01 AM

lol there are crooks everywhere, just in the western world they hide it better

brokentelephone 05-17-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smalone_99 (Post 7433818)
met my dad today for lunch and he went on a rampage about how--society and government, canucks, canadian people and culture , my chinese canadized friend and how myself too are all corrupt.
how we just spend money like crazy and seeing how government wasting so much money and is now in debt , hst, gas going up and how corporate ppl are all lairs and how everyone in life is a lair and scam and jsut loookign for themselves
hes telling me how my friends are just selfish and how people in life are just all selfish and lairs and ppl just look our for themselves and nobody really cares for you. if you have money ppl want to be ur friend and if you dont they stay away.
how the canucks are lazy and roberto luongo isnt that good a goalie and nucks are lazy ppl. and ppl who go to nucks games go and then later find out they cant even buy food and most are canadian ppl
i had friend come over and they be all nice to them and all, but when they leave thats when they start talking smack-they are using you for your car ride, they just using you to go to the gym, pretty much saying im getting used by these friends and becareful since everyone out there is a Con Artist, lair and cheat.

dont like talking to the guy, but hey hes my dad and my mom is like this too. i met ppl like this but i dont become freinds with them
hes telling me not to go to the gym too often-2xs a week. lol im glad i only see him once a week, hes telling me to read books on money, read newspaper and watch news as thats the only way to learn things and be smart.
he thinks having friends is a waste of time and dont call ur friends and dont care about other ppl. like having friends is about caring about other ppl

You father is disillusioned with how his own life turned out, and has become embittered.

I have a friend with a similar problem. He attributes whatever positive traits he (probably incorrectly) sees in himself as being lacking in those around him, especially those more successful than him and then justifies their success by questioning their integrity, etc. For example, he is exceptionally rude and refuses to abide by generally accepted forms of conduct -- his justification is that because everyone else around him has fallen below his ideal of how people should behave there is therefore no reason to maintain pleasantries. What he doesn't see is that many people are polite, kind, etc., and he is just a prick without manners or breeding.

You father is obviously unhappy or depressed. Tell him to see a shrink or shut the fuck up.

TheNewGirl 05-17-2011 01:07 PM

You know what's funniest about this?

IN 20 years your kids will be saying the same shit about you.

Jsunu 05-17-2011 01:22 PM

The older I get, the more and more I realize how much my parents got right. A lot of advice they have given me wasn't bullshit because they had gone through all the shit I dealt with now but 20 years removed.

The real issue is the fact that individuals who had immigrated from other countries not only have to deal with a generational/time gap, they have to deal with a cultural divide as well. So now you are dealing with both a different timeset and an entirely contrasting worldview to contend with your parents.

Gerbs 05-17-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiiCii (Post 7433853)
quick edit but damn it was hard to understand:facepalm:

" I met my dad today and we went out for lunch. He went on a rampage about how the society, the government, the canucks, my friends, and all canadian people, including myself, are all corrupted. How everyone just spends money like crazy, and also seeing how the government wasted so much money and is currently in debt. The hst tax, gas prices raising, how corporate people are all liars, and how everyone in life generally is a liar and a scam.

He was telling me how my friends are all selfish people and only look out for themselves and nobody really cares about you. He was telling me how "if you have money, people want to be your friend. If you don't have money, they stay away." He also ranted about how the canucks are lazy and that Roberto Luongo isn't that good of a goalie. Also how people spent all their money on canucks tickets and couldn't afford anything else later on.

I had a friend come over and my parents would be all nice to them. But when they leave, that's when they start talking smack saying "they are using you for rides and you're just tagging along". He's saying I'm getting used by my "friends", and telling me to be careful since everyone out there is a Con Artist, liar, and cheater.

I don't enjoy talking to my dad. But afterall, he is my father. My mom is like this as well. I've came across people like this, but don't end up being friends with them. My dad was telling me not to go to the gym too often. He thinks twice a week is enough. lol I'm glad I only see him once a week. He's telling me to read books on money, newspapers, and watch the news. As that's the only way to learn and be smarter. He thinks having friends is a waste of time. Encouraging me to not call them anymore and don't care about other people."

my advice to you is to not take your parents for granted. some people wish they had parents to give them that type of advice, or even go out for lunch with.

perhaps your dad is right, and you're too lazy to understand:lol maybe he could be overreacting from the drastic change in todays society, and fears that you'll turn into something bad?

or he could be jelly that you have moar franz than him:troll:

:fullofwin: Couldnt have said it any better

SrPcAo 05-22-2011 12:20 AM

What kind of response did you want from posting this?

You're glad you only see him once a week? I don't want to jump to conclusion but these are your parents, you need them and rely on them..
Let me guess, a majority of your life is still paid by them.

If you don't agree with your parents that's fine but don't go posting online about what's wrong with your dad.

!SG 05-23-2011 07:45 PM

old school vs current society.

my dad rampages on about how things are nowadays. how we, the "youth", spend money like crazy...

i sat him down, and and worked out exactly what "cost of living" was for him. after a good hour long talk, i think he understood maybe a sliver of it.

simple, back then, minimum wage was what, 6 bucks an hour, but gas was .28 cents, taking the bus was .25 cents. and housing was somewhat still affordable.

now, minimum is up to say $10 bucks (just for easy calculating), but gas is 1.33, to take the buss is 2.50. if minimum was at the same scale, then if we made $30 bucks an hour, it would mean we have roughly the same income ratio as back in their day.

if all else fails, threaten the delusional that you will send them to those "bad" old folks homes...

MoBettah 05-25-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smalone_99 (Post 7433818)
corporate ppl are all lairs

xilley 05-25-2011 12:11 PM

fuck came too late to fail your ass

Walperstyle 05-26-2011 07:45 AM

OP is a teenager. All teenagers think the same way about parents. Even I did.

I'm 30 now. My parents being hard ass semi-racists that didn't want me to go out and have fun all makes sense now. Its just a matter of holding you back until you are ready to go out into the world.

All of you that are in the same position of the OP will probably have a 180 relationship with your parents within the next few years.

When I moved to Alberta, my father missed me. He died of Lung cancer in 2009, and I totally regret not understanding him earlier. I only had about five or so years where we got along really good, and had fun.

darkfroggy 05-28-2011 11:44 PM

You just pretty much described my parents -- no, a good majority of parents.

Be glad they're bitching, I'll guarantee that you'll miss it someday.

No bitch = no care.

illicitstylz 05-29-2011 06:26 AM

why your dad is like that?

because OP is a phaggot.

Presto 05-29-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walperstyle (Post 7448605)
OP is a teenager

OP is in his 30s. For real.