REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Advanced Forced Induction & N/A Engine Tuning (https://www.revscene.net/forums/advanced-forced-induction-n-engine-tuning_305/)
-   -   Methanol injection (https://www.revscene.net/forums/646096-methanol-injection.html)

IMASA 05-24-2011 09:28 AM

Methanol injection

Anyone running a Devil's Own kit? I've been looking at their stage 2 kit for my Mazdaspeed3, with either the D03 or D05 nozzle. DO is cheaper than the other brands. I read that all brands share the same Surflo 250 PSI pump.

Any complaints with DO kits?

MWR34 05-24-2011 01:50 PM

as long as it has a low fluid sensor, and you get it properly tuned after install, you should be happy with it.

RacingGreed 05-25-2011 11:12 AM

Make sure you get a check valve or solenoid to avoid methanol delay.

IMASA 05-25-2011 02:37 PM

The DO kits come with a check valve. Is a solenoid signifigantly better or is the checkvalve good enough?

Death2Theft 05-26-2011 09:47 AM

I've got a kit sitting around and will sell it for less than you can find it elsewhere, Never used.
Quote:

Originally Posted by IMASA (Post 7445790)
Anyone running a Devil's Own kit? I've been looking at their stage 2 kit for my Mazdaspeed3, with either the D03 or D05 nozzle. DO is cheaper than the other brands. I read that all brands share the same Surflo 250 PSI pump.

Any complaints with DO kits?

RacingGreed 05-26-2011 11:09 AM

Check valve can do the job and also easier to set up. The real proper way of doing meth injection is to control pump and solenoid seperately, so your line can be pressurized before the solenoid open, or use actual injectors with return system. However, for regular street drivers, check valve can basically do the trick. Solenoid will do much better job if you want to spray after throttle body for direct injection on each intake runner. But, even with a solenoid, you will still need check valve.

I mean if you're not a hardcore racer, just go with check valve.

Captain Bondo 06-11-2011 07:35 AM

I've heard good things about Devil's Own. My AEM controller died after 2 days of use. I control the meth with my standalone now.

Aquamist is good but a bit expensive, the cooling mist controllers look neat but i don't know how they perform. Snow Performance rates well with the diesel guys,

IMASA 06-12-2011 07:45 PM

Alright, will order a DO Stage 2 kit with the progressive controller. They have an nozzle connector that allows you to connect the nozzle to silicon boost tubes. Gonna give this a try instead of taping my cold pipe.

IMASA 09-05-2011 04:47 PM

Alright, finally got around to installing my meth kit. Wow, it's awesome. BAT's are lower than ambiant day time temps.

Where is a good source for methanol? I've been buying Methyl Hydrate from Crappy Tire for $10/3.78L.

TjAlmeida 09-10-2011 07:51 PM

Would you recommend the DO kit? I was going to go with Aem but seems DO is good quality for cheaper.

IMASA 09-13-2011 08:45 AM

Most kits are the same. One of the key differences is how the controller works, ie map pressure or MAF voltage. I told that using the MAF is better, but the DO uses the MAP sensor. Not sure about the AEM. Also, the DO doens't let you test the system while I believe the AEM has a test function. The AEM is also a complete kit where as the DO is very basic and requires you to buy extra things, ie tank, low level indicator, etc. My speed3 has a larger washer tank, which has a low level indicator built it, so not a problem for me. However, DO is very modular and has a lot of parts you can upgrade easily.

For a street setup, I think the DO kits works pretty well. Their support is pretty good. Their progressive controller looks pretty cheesey, but works well.