REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Reputable BMW shops (https://www.revscene.net/forums/646825-reputable-bmw-shops.html)

HondaCrv 06-02-2011 07:14 PM

Reputable BMW shops

I know CG and Nixon are bmw certified and do good work but Im just wondering from other bmw owners if there are other reputable shops who has lots of experience or mainly work with bmw besides the 2 mentioned? Looking for a shop to install bmw performance exhaust and short shift kit for E92. Thanks for the help
Posted via RS Mobile

Dinan3 06-02-2011 08:10 PM

http://www.brianjesselautohaus.com/

CharlieH 06-02-2011 08:34 PM

autohaus is good but they charge almost as much as a dealer for labour. i've heard really good things about speed syndicate, and know of a few people who have taken their m5/m6s there for some work.

pingu81 06-02-2011 09:45 PM

Try German Auto Sports in Surrey. They just moved to a bigger shop about a couple months ago. Quite knowledgeable and friendly people there. Labour rates are good.

HondaCrv 06-02-2011 11:37 PM

Thx guys ill give em a call
Posted via RS Mobile

skylinergtr 06-03-2011 12:15 AM

+1 for German Auto Sports (GAS)

Shoei@BJAutohaus 06-03-2011 09:38 AM

our door rate is $99/hr. our labour rate is same and equivalent to other shops. By no means does this mean you have to take it to us. TSS does great work as well. Nixon and CG also have been in the business for a long time and have a good reputation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieH (Post 7457839)
autohaus is good but they charge almost as much as a dealer for labour. i've heard really good things about speed syndicate, and know of a few people who have taken their m5/m6s there for some work.

Rich Sandor 06-04-2011 02:09 PM

SCAN automotive in North Vancouver (Near Park & Tilford) or MB Euro in False Creek (by the Cambie Police Station) are great, they are more Porsche orientet but they work on BMWs too and they are real racers and they know their shit.

Blitzkreig, CG, and Nixon are are all great, same as Scan and MB Euro.

parm104 06-04-2011 10:02 PM

PG Performance gets my vote. They specialize in Audi/VW and I've been taken my Audi's to them for about 8 years...We also take our BMW to them now that our BMW warranty has expired. Never a problem.

And $99/hr is certainly high for labor. As mentioned before, that is a stealership rate. $70-$80 is the average price for a reputable shop not affiliated with a dealership...

bcrdukes 06-05-2011 12:04 AM

I thought dealership rate was $140/hr. :confused:

!SG 06-05-2011 07:02 AM

call dealerships to find out what the labour rate is before making claims. euro dealerships are far into the $100/hr range. MCL i believe is around 200 now. rumour has it, the price is gonna go up to compensate for all the extra schooling needed for technology in cars + hybrids coming out. with new technology comes new shop tools needed to work on those newer cars + diag tools to figure out why that pesky check engine light keeps coming on! =)same goes for wheels and tires, as manufactuers come out with lower and lower profile tires, new equipment is needed to mount those super low pro's.

$70-80 WAS the average... maybe a few years ago for the independant shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by parm104 (Post 7460018)
PG Performance gets my vote. They specialize in Audi/VW and I've been taken my Audi's to them for about 8 years...We also take our BMW to them now that our BMW warranty has expired. Never a problem.

And $99/hr is certainly high for labor. As mentioned before, that is a stealership rate. $70-$80 is the average price for a reputable shop not affiliated with a dealership...

604nguyen 06-05-2011 10:05 AM

I took my car to The Euroshop.
not bad, decent rate

bcrdukes 06-05-2011 11:51 AM

^
Oh right. I forgot the Euro Shop. They're great.