REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #1551
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Which team did you want? Goalie cuts are rare because they're not made for retail, only tean issues/game worns.

I picked up a blue goalie cut practice jersey from the Canucks Outlet but they're sold out now. They only got 5 of them.
Posted via RS Mobile
I'm a bit of a goalie gear whore, so I'd take pretty much anything I could get my hands on. I spotted a Phx Coyotes jersey recently in an XXL, but it didn't fit over the arms on my C/A protector.

I should really keep my eyes open at the outlet store. The time is coming to get good deals on jerseys.

I bought this one back in August for less than $100. It's wool, knitted, and sexy as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
They definitely help, lot less restrictive with the V-neck cut and the looser cut around shoulders/arms. You'll need to look for a 56G to 60G size, hard to find retail but might be worth calling to the Canucks' team store if you want a Canucks one. Cyclone Taylors also carries senior cut goalie blank practice jerseys, though you might need to order one in if their stock is low.

I recall some guys making their own goalie cut jerseys out of regular jerseys, info here Making regular jersey goalie cut size - Goalie Store Bulletin Board seems like a lot of work tho and you don't have the v-neck cut which makes a huge difference IMO
Wow, what an awesome link that is!
It's a great option if I can find deals on older jerseys, etc. I really like the idea of adding some material. So simple, yet it solves the tightness issue.

I think it's time to make a trip to the local hockey shops to see what they have kicking around. I'd even get a blank jersey, then add the logos myself.

Quote:
i went to the game last night and the Canucks Store does carry team stock goalie cuts. they only come in 58 and 58+ and cost $330. go with a season gicket holder and save 20%. if youre not picky about the team you can normally find goalie cuts for $99-250 on meigray.
Good call with the season's tix holder. The problem is, I'd hate to wear a $250+ jersey during a practice or game. I'd almost be better off snagging something cheap online, and adding my own logos.

That said, you gave me another link I've never seen before, thanks!
Welcome to The MeiGray Group
Advertisement
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #1552
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Check out their clearance section. They've got a couple pre-Edge goalie cut team stocks for $99. Shipping is a bit expensive ($30 to canada) since Meigray packages up their jerseys very professionally but its still cheaper than the $150+tax I paid for a canucks practice one from the outlet.
Posted via RS Mobile
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #1553
UFO

back to the 40th patch debate. I checked out the team store today and they had a couple of XXL 40th jersies. The patches had the single line of threading between the numbers, unlike the picture Mickz posted. So there is apparent variation in production of the patches, legit or fake.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #1554
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Hahaha i just went to return something at vanity sports the guy kept saying "its final sale its final sale!" and shaking his head looking at customers then looking at me. I ask him "whats wrong? you mad, you must be mad aren't you. It didn't say final sale on the receipt"

vanity sports douche - "No, i aint mad!"

bahahah
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #1555
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Stopped by Vancity Sports today to see if they added anything to their hat selection. A customer walks in, starts browsing and asks how the game on TV is going. The owner tells the guy he wouldn't know because he's trying to run a business and that the TV is just their to add to the ambiance. Customer gives the owner a FU look and walks out.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #1556
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Lol wow, the owner sounds unbelievably douchey
I gotta go see for myself
Posted via RS Mobile
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #1557

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
lol you'll just end up wasting your time in that shithole
Old 02-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #1558
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,182 Times in 478 Posts
<--- my face as i left vancity sports today

went there and didn't see any indication of a sale, so i asked the worker if the jerseys were on sale. he said no and that the sale ended few weeks ago. even confirmed what UFO said....$100 for blank and $150 for one with name. The worker also said they're never gonna have the sale again.

Did I even go to the right store?!?! The store i went to was across the hall from The Bay just as you get off the skytrain. I didn't check out the location listed here (Vancity Sports - Downtown - Vancouver, BC) that has their address as W Georgia. Is that W Georgia one old?

I didn't see any signs that indicated they were closing down either....

screw getting a jersey
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #1559
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,421 Times in 273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post

screw getting a jersey

Why not just it get it from Rocket Mountain Sports?

Free Shipping and Great service, albeit their blanks are $10 bucks more

Acura Integra Type R 00-1004 - It's back
223whp 161ft tq 2.0L ITR

My Feedback
E-40six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #1560
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

There is a place selling jerseys with names inside Central City for 159.99. Last I checked, I only saw the Sedins and Bieksa. Could have more in the back though.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #1561
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,182 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-40six View Post
Why not just it get it from Rocket Mountain Sports?

Free Shipping and Great service, albeit their blanks are $10 bucks more
cuz if my calculations are correct, buying through the teamstore with the help of a season ticket holder is cheaper than RMS. I'm patient enough to wait for a sale.
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #1562
RS controls my life!

Old 02-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #1563
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
^

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #1564
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

really ...
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #1565

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
cuz if my calculations are correct, buying through the teamstore with the help of a season ticket holder is cheaper than RMS. I'm patient enough to wait for a sale.
Team Store stitching is the worse stitching available in Vancouver.

Numbers get wrinkly/crumpled VERY easily when you sit down or wash it AND they start to bubble:

I've said this time again and again, DO NOT buy your jersey at the Canucks store. Maybe an exception would be a blank jersey, but DO NOT buy it with a name and number. This will happen:

Old 02-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #1566
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Team Store stitching is the worse stitching available in Vancouver.

Numbers get wrinkly/crumpled VERY easily when you sit down or wash it AND they start to bubble:

I've said this time again and again, DO NOT buy your jersey at the Canucks store. Maybe an exception would be a blank jersey, but DO NOT buy it with a name and number. This will happen:

Do you hang or fold your jersey?
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #1567

Hang.

That isn't my jersey btw lol

Just found it on craigslist and using it as an example.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #1568
UFO

For those looking for a jersey frame/case, Michaels has a huge full size one at $220 regular price Shadowbox, 30-inch x 40-inch . They may have a slightly smaller one too, about 24x30 at around $150 reg price

All their shadow boxes and display cases have been on for 40% off the last couple weeks, and their flyer/website has a coupon for additional 25% off of the sale price which brings this to $99 Michaels Weekly Ad . It loads from the back, Michaels frame quality and finish can be a bit iffy so inspect carefully before picking it out. I think the LD frame was $150 when on sale, and opens from the front? This Michaels one is definitely more affordable if you don't care about opening front.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #1569
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
can someone tell me if this jersey is real(authentic/replica ) or fake (made in china bs)

i have the exact same jersey but in medium but this one is large with a fight strap and i can't tell if this is real or not

i noticed the ccm color on the back is blue blue red, my medium jersey goes red red blue and all the other photos i seen online are either black and white or red red blue so i think it could be fake.

but then the ccm tag on the inside matches with my other jersey so i have nooo idea

hoping someone here can help me out!
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:06 AM   #1570
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

^I'm no expert but that looks fake... something about the name plate and front logo that looks weird to me lol.. i could be wrong tho
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #1571

Yeah name plate looks off to me. Wait for mickz to confirm
Posted via RS Mobile
jeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:36 AM   #1572

fake.

The black and white skate authentic jerseys were made of Ultrafil and should have this style of neck tagging:

Authentics were never retro'd so if you see vintage tagging + fight straps, run for the hills.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #1573
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
I got this on Friday, just in time to play with it friday night.

It's a massive jersey, but fits over all my gear perfectly. Plus it's just cool to see.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #1574
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
fake.

The black and white skate authentic jerseys were made of Ultrafil and should have this style of neck tagging:

Authentics were never retro'd so if you see vintage tagging + fight straps, run for the hills.
Mickz, what are your definitions of "fake" and "counterfeit"?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #1575
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
Thinking of buying a cheap authentic black bure jersey. Went to collecters den in landsdowne and the lady said it has to be custom for around 90 bucks. Is it worth it? Any one
Posted via RS Mobile
sindragon is offline   Reply With Quote