REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #5676
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
awwwwwwwww.............how cute....ur guys' avatars match
Advertisement
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2011, 08:26 AM   #5677
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Sounds like someone's in denial. Stanley Cup Finalist, yeah 3 times; NW Division Champs, been there - done that, President's Trophy, Art Ross, Pearson, Selke etc...

but none of those (even combined) comes close to going down as a Championship City for at least even ONCE in history.

So go ahead and keep telling yourself that 40+ years of competitive hockey + 3 close calls >= 1 Stanley Cup championship. I prefer the latter so much, it's in my bucket list.
LOL im in denial? im the one who's telling people to stfu and smell the coffee cause its a new season. You must be smoking some good BC bud or just high on yourself buds. Did i once say that all those awards equals a stanley cup? NO. All i said was that it was a successful season and we will have MANY more successful seasons to come.

Not sure if youre a canucks fan but no we did not have 40+ yrs of competitive hockey, so don't put words into my mouth. That is why i mentioned "I AM THANKFUL FOR MANY GREAT SEASONS TO COME" as i can remember when the Canuck's before were always on the FRINGE just to make the playoffs every year.

Please go shit on yourself, i want the nucks to win as badly as anybody in this forum. Im not in "denial" by stating the fact that it was a successful season, maybe you're panties went up your ass too tight during the finals and you didnt have a chance to pull it back down yet.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #5678
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I agree, t'was a great season last year!

I think that night in and night out they can be the best team in the league with the right adjustments/tweeks and bring home the cup!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2011, 09:44 AM   #5679
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Good read on CoHo

I'm glad to hear the team is doing everything they can to help him improve and gain confidence. This can only mean good things for us down the road
Spoiler!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #5680
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
Good read on CoHo

I'm glad to hear the team is doing everything they can to help him improve and gain confidence. This can only mean good things for us down the road
means trade bait for cup LOLOLOL
Old 10-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #5681
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

whatever works lol. i hope it doesn't have to come to that though.
Spoiler!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #5682
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Good read on CoHo

LMAO..trade bait..seriously??
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #5683
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

why are you quoting me? i'm not the one who suggested that
Spoiler!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #5684
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
Quote:
why are you quoting me? i'm not the one who suggested that

Mistakes happen LOL

i suggested trading CoHo rather than Schneider becuz I believe Schneids is a bigger part of us taking the holygrail than coho... you know, Schneider is our Luongo Insurance
Old 10-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #5685
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
apparently jesse boulerice (guy who cross checked kesler in the face, back in 07) retired this off season

Jesse Boulerice’s wife announces his retirement on Facebook - Puck Daddy - NHL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

anyone got more pics of his wife?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #5686
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

sportsnetmurph Dan Murphy
"sorry about the lack of tweets today. Something funky going on with my blackberry. Henrik and Sturm both expected to play this evening"
Old 10-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #5687
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
sportsnetmurph Dan Murphy
"sorry about the lack of tweets today. Something funky going on with my blackberry. Henrik and Sturm both expected to play this evening"
Sturm better have some jump tonight. Aside from the first preseason game, he's been invisible.

Predictions tonight?
3-2 Canucks. Hodgson with 2 points!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #5688
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

HA HA HA

Quote:
@TSNBobMcKenzie: DAL picking up Nystrom in trade from MIN is funny sorta. Could've had him at half price on re-entry but needed full salary to hit cap floor.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #5689
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Edit: Nevermind!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 10-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #5690
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Exactly!

Hell, I'd trade 10 or more years of mediocrity or NHL basement dwelling if it meant at least going down in history forever as a Championship city once.

I mean look at EDM. Sure we make fun of them now and have been for years on end but nobody's ever going to be taking away their Dynasty Days from them and I doubt they wouldn't trade that piece of history in the world in lieu of some marginal and/or close successes.
I understand what you're saying. Although I think Oiler's are memorable
because of their Dynasty, winning 5 cups in a span of 7 years.
Not so much because they won one cup just once.

But anyway, I don't know would I trade 10 years.. but I wouldn't mind sacrificing to win it all.
The only problem is, there is no guarantee to win it all, even with the most stacked team full of rental superstars.
So you could really end up sacrificing 10 years with no cup at the end of a season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
He's just trolling, but Schneider would be the first to go if Canucks wanted to make an impact trade for a good shot at the cup.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 10-12-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #5691
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I understand what you're saying. Although I think Oiler's are memorable
because of their Dynasty, winning 5 cups in a span of 7 years.
Not so much because they won one cup just once.

But anyway, I don't know would I trade 10 years.. but I wouldn't mind sacrificing to win it all.
The only problem is, there is no guarantee to win it all, even with the most stacked team full of rental superstars.
So you could really end up sacrificing 10 years with no cup at the end of a season.
the longer the drought, the more we will sacrifice. Some of us are too crazy. You make a valid point of course

I dont want to have to see this as the last banner every year
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #5692

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
the longer the drought, the more we will sacrifice. Some of us are too crazy. You make a valid point of course

I dont want to have to see this as the last banner every year
is it me or do I see something other than the banner
Old 10-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #5693
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.life View Post
is it me or do I see something other than the banner
Old 10-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #5694
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Systems Analyst: Looking At the Canucks Game-Tying Goal | Backhand Shelf | Blogs | theScore.com

This is cool analysis and breakdown on the Hodgson goal vs CBJ. It's pretty interesting to read about dissected plays and to see a more in-depth view on the defensive coverage and rotations that players are responsible.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #5695
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
its a rocket ship!
Old 10-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #5696
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbyboi View Post
LOL im in denial? im the one who's telling people to stfu and smell the coffee cause its a new season. You must be smoking some good BC bud or just high on yourself buds. Did i once say that all those awards equals a stanley cup? NO. All i said was that it was a successful season and we will have MANY more successful seasons to come.

Not sure if youre a canucks fan but no we did not have 40+ yrs of competitive hockey, so don't put words into my mouth. That is why i mentioned "I AM THANKFUL FOR MANY GREAT SEASONS TO COME" as i can remember when the Canuck's before were always on the FRINGE just to make the playoffs every year.

Please go shit on yourself, i want the nucks to win as badly as anybody in this forum. Im not in "denial" by stating the fact that it was a successful season, maybe you're panties went up your ass too tight during the finals and you didnt have a chance to pull it back down yet.
You sound like a TOR fan. You're indifferent to your team's success or lackthereof.

BTW, just because you can suck more Canuck-dick doesn't make you the better fan than I am. In fact, people like Darthchilli, Murdoc, etc. and me (the people you make fun of) were probably more emotionally invested to the team than you... Because, I don't know how you can just turn another page and have the "oh, just another season, more to come" attitude. Go fuck yourself and your Canuck pedestal if you think you're better than some of us. I mean for fuck's sakes, who the fuck are you?

Some of the guys "of the group" you're making fun off have been around since the original Official RS Canuck Thread. Who the fuck is Tubbyboi? Sounds like you're just a new Canuck fan (most likely because of a successful last few seasons) because you don't know what it means for some who are 40 years waiting.... and some like me who are over 2 decades waiting... But hey, be thankful you get to wait a little longer, whereas for us who are up there getting in age, its gotten to be a hell of a long and agonizing wait.

new fans

Last edited by Noir; 10-12-2011 at 02:04 PM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #5697
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
90 min to puck drop!! TSN!!

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
Old 10-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #5698
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbyboi View Post

The emotional investment accounts for how certain members kept their fucking mouths SHUT during the off season. It was painful, It's still painful. I look back at the pictures, the memories that lead up to that one dreadful day and I cringe inside. I may not be old enough to remember exactly how I felt during 1994, but i feel their pains that one summer night in NYC.

Your here talking about great seasons, I dont give a flying fuck how many "great" seasons. As long as we dont have a cup, we will always be the whipping boy of the NHL. I agree with a lot of the people out there that say Canucks fans are the worst. Most people, or newfags just expect to be handed things.

The longtimers in this thread are fuelled by PASSION of being a fan. You seem like its just another stroll down the seawall.

Quote:
You sound like a TOR fan. You're indifferent to your team's success or lackthereof.

BTW, just because you can suck more Canuck-dick doesn't make you the better fan than I am. In fact, people like Darthchilli, Murdoc, etc. and me (the people you make fun of) were probably more emotionally invested to the team than you... Because, I don't know how you can just turn another page and have the "oh, just another season, more to come" attitude. Go fuck yourself and your Canuck pedestal if you think you're better than some of us. I mean for fuck's sakes, who the fuck are you?

Some of the guys "of the group" you're making fun off have been around since the original Official RS Canuck Thread. Who the fuck is Tubbyboi? Sounds like you're just a new Canuck fan (most likely because of a successful last few seasons) because you don't know what it means for some who are 40 years waiting.... and some like me who are over 2 decades waiting... But hey, be thankful you get to wait a little longer, whereas for us who are up there getting in age, its gotten to be a hell of a long and agonizing wait.

new fans
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #5699
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I'm the bigger Canucks! NO! I'm the bigger Canucks fan! Oh shut the fuck up!..lol. Its like you guys are comparing whos dick is bigger you fucking pansies..lol
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #5700

Has anyone seen this Hamhuis flying kick? Hilarious! This was from the Columbus game over the weekend

Original
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread