REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #9201
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,174 Times in 2,407 Posts
I cheered my ass off when Hordi knocked that cocky douche Turco into the boards.
Advertisement
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 11-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #9202
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2011, 02:55 PM   #9203
My homepage has been set to RS

on OTR today, they kept on reaming the Sabres for not sticking up for miller at the time of the hit.

Lucic is a big dude, but someone has to step up.

ive seen it in baseball where if a pitcher throws a ball at an opposing player intentionally, the other teams pitcher will simply do the same. So, they couldve taken a run at Tim Thomas

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 11-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #9204
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
BUF vs BOS on November 23 should be interesting.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 11-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #9205
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
^ Hasek trip made that guy FLYYYYYYYYYY
Old 11-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #9206
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Rule 42.1, it states: "A goalkeeper is not 'fair game' just because he is outside the goal crease. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an attacking player makes unnecessary contact with the goalkeeper. However, incidental contact will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such unnecessary contact."
I don't like the idea of making goalies fair game if they're just coming out to play the puck...what if Byfuglien or Eager charges at Luongo or Schneider when we have the Sedins, Burrows, Edler and Salo on the ice?
Old 11-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #9207
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

We all know Lucic is a BIG guy and is very capable of running guys over (I recall with the Giants he had broke a guys helmet in a fight) nonetheless. The hit was shoulder to shoulder, no intent to injure, as a matter of fact it doesn't look like Lucic saw him till almost the "last minute" (as he was chasing a loose puck) and "put the shoulder into him", Miller's head didn't seem to hit anything (just spun around fast enough to have his helmet to fall off). They're both big boys and the next game will be a good one.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #9208
I subscribe to Revscene

Long but nice read on team chemistry

Quote:
VANCOUVER — It’s not like they sit around the dressing room, hold hands and sing Kumbaya, but the Vancouver Canucks are a tight group.

Tighter than any NHL team Chris Higgins has been a part of.

"It is night and day compared to some other teams I have been on," Higgins said Monday. "I have been on a couple of teams where it was just very cliquey. Outside the rink certain guys just don't hang out with other guys."

The Canucks, Higgins says, are different.

"On this team it seems like you are never in the same group of guys if you are hanging out away from the rink," he says. "And I think that is pretty refreshing to see."

Higgins, who had four previous NHL stops before he was traded to the Canucks at last season's deadline, was immediately struck by the team's chemistry as well as its talent when he joined Vancouver.

He was welcomed with open arms and has seen the same happen to other players who have subsequently joined the team.

"I am a big believer in that the better you get along with guys off the ice the better you are going to play with them," he says. "Some people may disagree with that, but that's the way I feel. You see that personality with this team, guys are willing to spend time away from the rink with each other and really enjoy their time."

Read more: Canucks chemistry key to team
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #9209
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
the commentators sound like idiot homers. "what are you supposed to do?!?"

How bout stay in your fucking net! It's not like it was a chase for a loose puck.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 11-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #9210
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
IMO Lucic knew damn well what he was doing and made no attempt at all to avoid Miller and fed Shanny and the media a load of bullshit. It reminds me of the bullshit Chara fed everyone about being innocent and not knowing where he or the stantion were when he clobbered Pacioretty. You want to tell me a veteran like Chara hasn't learned the layout of a rival's arena he plays in at least 6 times a season? If you have no spacial awareness or can't anticipate a play, after all these years playing hockey, you should hang your skates up.

To those believing the next Bruins/Sabres game will be interesting to watch because of the prior game, it won't. Seldom do these rematches ever live up to the hype and with the league watching, they will back down. Additionally, the Sabres have no one that can really stand up to the Bruins physically. They showed what they are made of immediately after the hit - nothing.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #9211
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clowe View Post
I don't like the idea of making goalies fair game if they're just coming out to play the puck...what if Byfuglien or Eager charges at Luongo or Schneider when we have the Sedins, Burrows, Edler and Salo on the ice?
Nahhh, we don't want Luongo leaving his net and/or playing the puck himself to begin with.

Anyways, considering how this game has evolved, I don't see the reason why goalies have creases anyways.

1. Goalies are protected regardless where they are on the crease.
2. Opposing players are allowed to pass through a crease as long as they don't obstruct the goalie (where goalie protection isn't just limited to the crease anyways)
3. I've seen goals regularly scored by players within the crease anyways; I've watched the NHL for nearly 2 decades and the crease violation is rarely ever used/called.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #9212
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Shoulder to shoulder. Lucic could've bent his knees, dipped his shoulders or even lunged at Miller, he straightened out and that's the best he could do at that speed. Miller saw him, turned his shoulder and it was clean.

What the media is forgetting to tell everyone was when Leino (BUF) pushed a BOS player into Miller that same game.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #9213
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

the Bruins must know where Bettman hid the dead bodies...
Old 11-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #9214
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
I wonder if it would have made a difference if miller pretended to get knocked out and stretchered off the ice lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #9215
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
^This ain't soccer.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #9216
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
I've watched this clip a number of times and this is my opinion.
You can clearly see Lucic STOP skating at 0:05 because he see's miller is going to get the puck first. He is now gliding at this point. He continues to glide into Miller without any indication of avoiding him.

I honestly believe there was enough time to at least try and avoid Miller. Lucic does no such thing. His instincts kick in and it's just easier for him to run into someone as he is used to doing.
But, just because I feel there was enough time to avoid Miller, I think Lucic just reverted to his instincts and plowed Miller down sub-consciously.

I don't think Lucic is a dirty player. This was just a difficult circumstance. Besides, I think running into Miller is safer than trying to avoid Miller. ie. (knee to pad contact) could have blown out his knee if he tried avoiding Miller, etc.

Miller calls Lucic a POS
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #9217
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
No one can beat up lucic in a fight not even enforcers who are paid to protect star players... Lucic would toss chara around the ice if they werent team mates.

he is the most feared player in the nhl, 10 years ago was todd bertuzzi
Old 11-14-2011, 09:17 PM   #9218
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
I'm in the camp that thinks Lucic is lucky he didn't get suspended. Under the current rules, goalies are protected and if you hit them like that, you should get more than just a 2-minute minor.

Here's former NHL referee Kerry Fraser's take, from TSN:
Spoiler!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 11-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #9219
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
I could care less whether or not lucic could have stopped or got out of the way.
I think the real debate is whether or not goalies should are free game when they wander off out their crease. If Miller is going to run out that far from the blue paint, expect to get hit. Goalies are already viewed as untouchables within their crease. 9/10 times a penalty is awarded if a player bumps into the goalie.
I think players should have the green light to bulldoze a goalie if he decides to take a stroll out there. As long as the same rules applied to hitting, apply to goalies, I think it's fine. I mean Lucic and Miller were both going for the puck, Lucic didn't elbow or hit him in any sort of dirty manner imo.
Miller should be upset his players didn't stick up for him.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #9220
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
that hit is right on the borderline. at first i was a firm believer he should have been suspended. but the more i watch it, the less i think so
he had less than a second and less than 10 feet between the time he lifted his head up to the time he hit miller. you could see he was skating 100% to catch the puck and looked up and was probably surprised to see miller there. when you watch the close up slow motion it looks like he wiggles his left foot trying to put some brakes on but hes like 5 feet from miller at that time.

the question in my mind is about the shove he gave during the hit.

its definitely a penalty worthy hit, but i think its just inside the borderline of suspendable. JUST inside the line.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #9221
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
No one can beat up lucic in a fight not even enforcers who are paid to protect star players... Lucic would toss chara around the ice if they werent team mates.

he is the most feared player in the nhl, 10 years ago was todd bertuzzi
i think i like my chances with Jarome Iginla or Chris Pronger
Old 11-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #9222
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
tyler myer was pushing chris pronger around and jamie benn > iginla or he was just lucky that he cut him
Old 11-14-2011, 10:05 PM   #9223
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Chara is a big dude I'd like to see him and Lucic go at it
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #9224
RS controls my life!

From the Kerry Fraser article:
Quote:
The next portion of the rule applies to the Lucic hit on Miller where it goes on to state, "A goalkeeper is not 'fair game' just because he is outside the goal crease area. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an opposing player makes unnecessary contact with a goalkeeper. However, incidental contact, at the discretion of the referee, will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact."
Definitely not incidental and made no effort to avoid the contact IMO

Borderline or not, I think Shanahan should've gave him a game or two him to send a message to the rest of the league that injuring goaltenders like that is unacceptable. If concussing a team's goaltender is only worth a 2 minute minor, then we should've sent Tanner Glass in to barrel Tim Thomas, kill off the 2 minutes, and we'd probably have ourselves a Stanley Cup banner hanging from the rafters of Rogers Arena right now.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #9225
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
^its only a 2 minute minor for players in a Bruins uniform. I dont know what the call is for the rest of the teams though.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread