REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #17526
My homepage has been set to RS

win gg!!
Advertisement
92 240sx - dd/project car
88 CRX - sold
98 DC2 - sold

Renting out pbm fender roller - pm for details.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #17527
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Another win in reg, Weise earning his paycheque.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #17528
RS controls my life!

Nice win again!!! Just rolling on!!! Sweet!!
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
Old 02-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #17529

nice another win, and 11 goals in the past 2 games, not too shabby
Old 02-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #17530
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
WinnArs
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #17531
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

good win tonight
Old 02-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #17532
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Canucks are now only 1pt behind last years pace
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #17533
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,184 Posts
It's crazy how Detroit owns at home, but is mediocre at best on the road...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 02-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #17534
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
highlights of canuck domination

Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #17535
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
It's crazy how Detroit owns at home, but is mediocre at best on the road...
We need to beat them now so they don't have home ice through the playoffs!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #17536
I don't get it

Spoiler!

Haha 5:41 made me literally laugh out loud.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #17537
I subscribe to Revscene

haters keep on hatin'

Quote:
Earlier Sunday, Hockey Night in Canada released the results of its players poll. One of the questions asked players to name the NHL's most overrated team. The Canucks were the winner, with 24 per cent of the players who responded naming the Canucks.

Maybe they were all Boston Bruins. Or Chicago Blackhawks.

Read more: 'Under-achieving' Canucks roll over Oilers
Old 02-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #17538
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Those polls take a small sample of players anyways
aint nothing to be concerned with
Old 02-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #17539
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

“If everyone wants to bring out these polls, then put your name on it,” defenceman Kevin Bieska said after the win over the Oilers. “Don’t be anonymous, don’t be a coward. If you have something to say, then say it publicly. Everyone in the league has an opportunity to voice their opinion with a microphone. Just say it, don’t hide behind an anonymous Sports Illustrated poll. It’s cowardly.”

From last week: Daniel then proceeded to rant about his dislike for anonymous polls. “I’ve never been a big fan of them,” he told the Vancouver media. “We had one of them from CBC, too, and I think everyone threw it in the garbage. I think that’s the way to do it. If you’re going to say something, at least stand for it and show your face. I’ve been asked to participate in anonymous polls but I would never do it. You can have your opinions but, at least, stand for them."

How can those comments above not stand for class and integrity? I also think a lot of this hoopla is largely media driven. Local media likes to create controversy, it sells and makes things interesting. When the on-ice product is good and free of controversy, its not overly intersting to write about. Us against the world makes things so much more interesting. I wonder if Detroit ever got hated on as much.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #17540
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
+1 to what Bieksa said. Don't be a little bitch
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #17541
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
“If everyone wants to bring out these polls, then put your name on it,” defenceman Kevin Bieska said after the win over the Oilers. “Don’t be anonymous, don’t be a coward. If you have something to say, then say it publicly. Everyone in the league has an opportunity to voice their opinion with a microphone. Just say it, don’t hide behind an anonymous Sports Illustrated poll. It’s cowardly.”

From last week: Daniel then proceeded to rant about his dislike for anonymous polls. “I’ve never been a big fan of them,” he told the Vancouver media. “We had one of them from CBC, too, and I think everyone threw it in the garbage. I think that’s the way to do it. If you’re going to say something, at least stand for it and show your face. I’ve been asked to participate in anonymous polls but I would never do it. You can have your opinions but, at least, stand for them."

How can those comments above not stand for class and integrity? I also think a lot of this hoopla is largely media driven. Local media likes to create controversy, it sells and makes things interesting. When the on-ice product is good and free of controversy, its not overly intersting to write about. Us against the world makes things so much more interesting. I wonder if Detroit ever got hated on as much.
+1. The Sedins are a class act. Bieksa's comments make sense. Big props to Bieksa for calling out the clowns who voted in that poll.

I wonder who are those cowards that voted on the anonymous poll. Bruins players?

It would be poetic justice to see the Sedins and all their team mates celebrate in June with a championship and shut up those cowards once and for all.

Go Canucks go!!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #17542
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
^ I think so too. Vancouver is such a crazy hockey market, media has to create controversies to get attention.

I bet they would go to another team and ask about Canucks being overrated and quote Bieksa saying "don't be a coward, if you have something say, then say it pubicly".

Ppl would then think Bieksa is cocky and arrogant and hate the Canucks more.

It was almost like they made AV's comment of Kesler such a big deal saying Kesler should use his wingers more often when AV was purely answer what Kesler can do to improve.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #17543
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
The Hockey Night In Canada poll was probably conducted among the teams that played on HNIC. Calgary, LA, Toronto, and Vancouver. no surprize that basically 1/4th of the votes were the canucks.

And everyone always hates on the team thats doing well.

And that Vancouver Sun article is false. That SI poll said Phil Kessel was the easiest to intimidate by 15%. The Sedins TOGETHER combined for 8%. but on their own they received 1% and 3%

Sports Illustrated’s poll of NHLers finds Phil Kessel to be the easiest star to intimidate in the League | Backhand Shelf | Blogs | theScore.com

These polls are garbage and are for no reason other than for the media to stir a quick story. Hank hasnt missed a game in like 7 years and plays thru all sorts of injuries and has won art ross and hart trophies along the way. And this is with a puck control, cycling down low against the other teams checking line and shut down D pairing. Ya, hes scared to play. And Kessel (as much as I hate him) is putting up huge numbers.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #17544
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
In their last 10 games, the Columbus Blue Jackets have a better record than the Bruins.

heh. heh. heh.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #17545
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

[quote=pastarocket;7803103I wonder who are those cowards that voted on the anonymous poll. Bruins players?
[/QUOTE]

probably the same clowns who feel they need to protect themselves while going in for a forecheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
And that Vancouver Sun article is false. That SI poll said Phil Kessel was the easiest to intimidate by 15%. The Sedins TOGETHER combined for 8%. but on their own they received 1% and 3%

These polls are garbage and are for no reason other than for the media to stir a quick story. Hank hasnt missed a game in like 7 years and plays thru all sorts of injuries and has won art ross and hart trophies along the way. And this is with a puck control, cycling down low against the other teams checking line and shut down D pairing. Ya, hes scared to play. And Kessel (as much as I hate him) is putting up huge numbers.
^Yeah, how can you vote for both Sedins at once? Lol.

I'm no Kessel fan either, but I give him props for putting up with the abuse he received last 2 years in the most demanding hockey market, even though last season was a career best year for him, and shutting critics up this year.

I say meh to these polls, much like how suck it Phaneuf was ranked most over-rated player. They are mildly mildly entertaining at the best of times but its just something for media to jump all over. The players and teams have more important things to focus on.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #17546
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
How can an overrated team make it to the Stanley Cup Finals?

Overrated means you are touted as being great, but aren't.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #17547
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Just like Henrik saying that those who participate in those polls speak more about themselves than those who are actually being polled, IMO same goes for people who pay attention to these kinds of polls.

Hate us or not, roughly 85% of the NHL's fanbase and their respective teams would love to be where the Canucks are now; and until we stop becoming one of the upper echelon teams of the league, no amount of public hate, media polls, etc is going to change that no matter how much everyone else pretends to say otherwise.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #17548
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Nothing's changed boys.

We were alone and hated by everyone last year when we won the presidents trophy. We were alone and hated by everyone including Canada when we made it to the Stanley Cup.

We will always be alone.

Let the haters keep on hatin' while we watch our W's pile up.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #17549
RS controls my life!

Its as simple as this:
Being on top is coupled with haters. If you're on top, the way you know it is when you start hearing the haters. I thank them, just as I'm sure the team is thanking them, because now all eyes are on Van as a city and as a motherfucking team that is just stacking up W's. So let them take polls/poles up the ass.. I could care less because Canucks are always #1.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #17550

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
We were alone and hated by everyone including Canada when we made it to the Stanley Cup.

We will always be alone.

Let the haters keep on hatin' while we watch our W's pile up.
For the record, Montreal was actually cheering for the Canucks cause you know how much they hate the Bruins.