REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #22526
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
He's loyal to the Canucks and Vancouver, which is all that I'd ask of him. He's never given us any cause to think otherwise. Does it matter to you that Kesler hates the rest of Canada? Because they certainly hate him.

This.

Watching him being the only guy to shed a tear when losing Game 7 @ the SCF, and continue banging his head on a wall trying to one-man the Bruins in the dying minutes of the 3rd period when his team was folding - all with only one good leg, will forever be etched in my mind.

No matter the history, the guy is a Canuck through and through. I don't know how anyone who watched last year's Play Off run can doubt that.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #22527
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
This year, the rule that forces the top team of each division to be ranked 1-3 in the conference rears it's ugly head. In previous years, it wasn't a big problem, because while #3 might have a worse record than #4 and #5, they would be matched off against #6 in the first round of the playoffs, who would have a worse record.

This year though, for whatever reason, there is one division in each conference that is SO bad, that the leader of the division at #3 in the conference has a significantly worse record than the #6 team that they will play in the playoffs.

If the playoffs started today...

The western conference would have #3 LA (91 points) vs #6 Chicago (98 points).

The eastern conference would have #3 Florida (91 points) vs #6 New Jersey (96 points).

Something just isn't right with that.

Even worse than that though, is that the #4 and #5 teams in each conference, both significantly better teams than #3, have to play each other... so basically #6 being a crappier team gets to have an easier first round opponent (#3) than #4 and #5.

#6 should have a tougher opponent than #5, but yet, #6 New Jersey gets to play Florida (91 points), while #5 Philadelphia has to play Pittsburgh (102 points).

That's not right.

I mean, in its best interest, #5 Philadelphia should TANK the remaining games to try to drop a position because #6 has a much easier opponent than #5 does.

When something like this happens, you know there's a flaw in the system.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #22528
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Totally n00b question but where is a good (legit) place to get tickets for tomorrow's game. My dad and I want to see Selanne play for the last time, 20 years after we watched him as a rookie in Winnipeg. Don't want to risk it with scalpers.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #22529
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
Totally n00b question but where is a good (legit) place to get tickets for tomorrow's game. My dad and I want to see Selanne play for the last time, 20 years after we watched him as a rookie in Winnipeg. Don't want to risk it with scalpers.
There are some online sites that are more secure, but I've heard of more horror stories with CL than with the scalpers standing in front of Rogers Arena.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 04-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #22530
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
There are some online sites that are more secure, but I've heard of more horror stories with CL than with the scalpers standing in front of Rogers Arena.
Really? For the past three seasons I've bought my tickets off of Craigslist and never once had a problem, hell I even bought my Game 7 ticket off of there.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #22531
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
http://www.stubhub.com/vancouver-can...-2012-1123387/

Vancouver Canucks Tickets - / Anaheim Ducks Tue, 3 Apr 2012 7:00 PM - ShowTimeTickets.com

http://www.coast2coasttickets.com/Re...+Anaheim+Ducks

http://www.ticketcity.com/nhl-ticket...l-3-700pm.html

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #22532
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Yeah, Craigslist is safe if you're take some basic precautions.

Just make sure the seller has nothing to hide. If he uses a real phone number, is willing to provide you with a real name and identification, chances are there won't be any problems.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #22533
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanzzz View Post
Really? For the past three seasons I've bought my tickets off of Craigslist and never once had a problem, hell I even bought my Game 7 ticket off of there.
Plenty of stories of people buying Olympic hockey tickets and Canucks tickets off CL and showing up at the door only to have the security scan the tickets and inform them that the tickets were invalid.
There was also a story of a guy meeting up with someone from CL to buy game 7 tickets for the agreed price of $4400 for a pair of lower bowl tickets. Seller pulled out a knife and robbed the potential buyer of the money.

*Most* of the scalpers in front of Rogers do it for a living and sell all sorts of tickets.

There are some sites like stubhub that is more secure, but even last year's playoff run there was a news story where they were ripped off of thousands of dollars from fake tickets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 04-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #22534
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanzzz View Post
+1. My brother and I bought tickets for Game 1 of last year's playoff round against Nashville. It's all about verifying the legitimacy of the seller. Our seller met us in the Rogers Arena plaza, showed us the season ticketholder book he had (even had the company he worked for on it, BC Cancer Agency), his driver's license, and even walked us right up to the entrance gate to prove he wasn't selling fakes.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #22535
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
There's always 3 or 4 of the same guys standing at Georgia/Beatty, by the hotdog stand/bagpipe guy. I've bought tickets from them several times and never had an issue. Specifically, Thomas Taylor of eliteconcierge.com (604-307-9222). I've purchased tickets 5 minutes into the first for half of face value from him on more than one occasion.

If I want them in advance, I tend to stick to guys on boards like RS and such that have a good rep. I'll talk to my GF and see if she gave our tickets to a friend who helped us do some renos. If available, they're 320/12/101+102 aisle seats ($190/pr face).

The one time I got fucked was when I bought tickets from a guy who won them at a highschool raffle. The guy who sold them to me was totally legit and I had bought/sold a ton of car stuff w/ him previously. It was the guy who donated them that screwed everyone over. I think he worked for some big company w/ BestBuy Club seats and figured it was cool to donate them. I actually had the hardcopy tickets. I think he didn't clear it with whoever was in charge of the tickets and someone else at the company reprinted a set so mine were voided. It was a huge clusterfuck to deal with the seller/school/donator and his company. That's where I met Thomas Taylor, heading back to our car. He cut us a great deal and saved our night.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 04-02-2012 at 03:37 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #22536
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
This.

Watching him being the only guy to shed a tear when losing Game 7 @ the SCF, and continue banging his head on a wall trying to one-man the Bruins in the dying minutes of the 3rd period when his team was folding - all with only one good leg, will forever be etched in my mind.

No matter the history, the guy is a Canuck through and through. I don't know how anyone who watched last year's Play Off run can doubt that.
He has heart for sure (Burrows too). Reminded me of Linden when he was tearing up after the SCF loss in 94. Effort means more then skill sometimes.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #22537
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
I remembered him saying "I hate them" referring the Canadian team. Media made a big deal out of it.
Of course they did... and he no doubt made the statement knowing full well that they would go nuts with it. This is the Keslerbomb, remember. He's from a hockey area, and he plays in one of the biggest markets in the league, so he knows full well how the media in these situations love to make fucing Himalayas out of divots. He played them and they tripped over each other falling for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Old 04-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #22538
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Daniel and Henrik Sedin offer ideal opportunity for a false-flag operation by the Canucks | Vancouver, Canada | Straight.com

Quote:
Daniel and Henrik Sedin offer ideal opportunity for a false-flag operation by the Canucks
by Charlie Smith on April 2, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Here's a hockey conspiracy theory worthy of an Oliver Stone movie.

What if Daniel Sedin is actually healthy and playing on the wing for the Vancouver Canucks? But the opposition doesn't know it because he's wearing his twin brother Henrik's jersey, which carries the "C".

Sure, it sounds far-fetched.

But you must admit that it was a bit strange seeing Henrik, normally a centre, on the wing on March 31 against the Calgary Flames. Max Lapierre was his centreman and took most of the face-offs.

Daniel is reportedly out with a concussion, thanks to Blackhawk Duncan Keith's elbow.

However, if g.m. Mike Gillis and coach Alain Vigneault wanted to keep both Sedins rested and ready for the playoffs—and confuse the opposition—why not alternate them in the stretch? Nobody would ever know that Daniel was wearing Henrik's jersey.

False-flag operations have often been a hallmark of covert operations, most notably when the Nazis burned the Reichstag in 1933. It's not inconceivable that one day, they'll come to the NHL—if they haven't already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #22539
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
need to watch out for stolen season tix holder tix too. gotta verify they are the actual owners.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 04-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #22540
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXV603 View Post
Excited for the playoffs. Saw this vid posted on CDC. Very well done.

Canucks 2012 Playoffs Video (Invincible) - YouTube
Damn. When you're emotionally invested in a team and you see a video like this, you experience a full range of emotions...

Can't wait for the playoffs to start. My workout regimen goes down the drain for the next 2 months or so.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #22541
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
There's always 3 or 4 of the same guys standing at Georgia/Beatty, by the hotdog stand/bagpipe guy. I've bought tickets from them several times and never had an issue. Specifically, Thomas Taylor of eliteconcierge.com (604-307-9222). I've purchased tickets 5 minutes into the first for half of face value from him on more than one occasion.

If I want them in advance, I tend to stick to guys on boards like RS and such that have a good rep. I'll talk to my GF and see if she gave our tickets to a friend who helped us do some renos. If available, they're 320/12/101+102 aisle seats ($190/pr face).

The one time I got fucked was when I bought tickets from a guy who won them at a highschool raffle. The guy who sold them to me was totally legit and I had bought/sold a ton of car stuff w/ him previously. It was the guy who donated them that screwed everyone over. I think he worked for some big company w/ BestBuy Club seats and figured it was cool to donate them. I actually had the hardcopy tickets. I think he didn't clear it with whoever was in charge of the tickets and someone else at the company reprinted a set so mine were voided. It was a huge clusterfuck to deal with the seller/school/donator and his company. That's where I met Thomas Taylor, heading back to our car. He cut us a great deal and saved our night.
bald white guy? I know his son lol
Old 04-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #22542
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
LOL, I actually brought this up to my friend the other day and was like "What if the Canucks are playing Daniel in Henrik's jersey just to fuck with the opposition and make our playoff opponent think he won't be ready" lolz.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #22543
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
The Canucks releases 50-100ish (maybe more) every game either a day before or on the day of. Just go to ticketmaster and you can find tickets. Or follow @VanCanucks on twitter and find out.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #22544
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
lol..

Old 04-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #22545

lol this fucking guy...^
Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #22546

1 week until playoffs and we are atop both NHL.com's and ESPN's weekly Power Rankings:

Canucks on top as Cup contenders hit some bumps - Super 16

Can't post ESPN's link for some reason; it keeps showing up as a video that doesn't work...

espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings/_/season/2012/week/27
Old 04-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #22547
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
^Detroit 12
Old 04-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #22548
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
^San Jose..

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
Old 04-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #22549
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisibleSoul View Post
#6 should have a tougher opponent than #5, but yet, #6 New Jersey gets to play Florida (91 points), while #5 Philadelphia has to play Pittsburgh (102 points).

That's not right.

I mean, in its best interest, #5 Philadelphia should TANK the remaining games to try to drop a position because #6 has a much easier opponent than #5 does.

When something like this happens, you know there's a flaw in the system.
I have no problems with the system as it is at all. The first round is where some of the best hockey is played IMO, often times the teams and games will just degrade going through each round that when teams reach the finals they aren't really at 100% and the finals aren't all that great to watch. I loved watching teams like Detroit and SJ get knocked out early back when they were dominant. Even in an ideal world where 1-8 is ranked based on points alone, there will always be upsets in the first round. Once the playoffs start, all bets are off and its anybody's game. Especially in today's NHL with the parity and dilution of talent, even a bad team is not consistently bad every game and they can beat a top team who is slacking off.

Then there is the natural ebb and flow of the teams and standings. This season can be viewed as an abnormality since the system has seemingly 'worked' for a while now. So while the SE and NW division is weaksauce this year, in a few years it may be a completely different story.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #22550

Wow, Tampa just scored with a minute left in the game against Washington....This gives Buffalo a decent chance to get 8th, though it won't be easy.

Washington is up 2 points with a GIH and they would have the tie breaker.

Caps have Florida and Rangers left
Sabres have Toronto, Philly, and Boston.

I don't see it happening, and think Buffalo would need a miracle, but you never know...

Last edited by bballguy; 04-02-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Closed Thread