REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #23076
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
You usually aren't this moody, Noir
I know eh...

I think I'm getting overly emotionally invested much earlier this year. Like I said a couple of weeks ago. This moment (next playoffs) I've been waiting for for a year.

I know I'm just a fan, but it's felt like an unfinished business of mine that's been hanging all year long.
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #23077
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
This was the Canucks' game to lose, and they did. Going to be tough to win the Presidents trophy now and we definitely want to win the conference because I sure as hell would like to avoid playing the Blues in their own barn. 30-5-5 compared to 18-16-6 on the road.

I'm just glad Schneider was in net so it couldn't be blamed on Lu like it would have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #23078
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
My opinion? They don't care. They busted their balls for the trophy last year, and what good did it do? That's probably what they're thinking.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Old 04-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #23079
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
what a shitty game, even when they "controlled" the play for the first half they didnt really generate anything

and fuck.. Kesler has been doing NOTHING lately, for the last like 20 games even

i swear ever since he switched over to his new APX stick he's been fucking terrible
Old 04-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #23080

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
My opinion? They don't care. They busted their balls for the trophy last year, and what good did it do? That's probably what they're thinking.
Agreed. They should only be concerned about the Blues getting 1st in the West, not some stupid trophy that isn't the Holy Grail.

Let the Rangers have the presidents trophy. I could care less.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #23081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
I'm just glad Schneider was in net so it couldn't be blamed on Lu like it would have been.
C'mon. Give the Canucknation some credit. Yes there was a round of cheers during the initial pull, but that's as was discussed, that's not really cheering for Lu's misfortune than it is cheering to rally a lacklustre team and a cold goalie.

To support that statement, there was absolutely no fan or media frenzy about Luongo's pull, or performance post-game was there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
This is a bad cancerous attitude. They're professionals.

They should never EVER play like they don't care
They should never EVER play like they have nothing to win
They should never EVER play like they have no one counting on them (the team, the fans)

I mean c'mon. Even bottom feeders and teams out of contentions spots are still professionally expected to still play the remainder of their seasons as if they still care; because it's not even just about the "paying" fans, it's also about "personal pride."

This should be moreso evident against teams that DO have something to win, especially an organization that have done so much, yet still has so much to prove.

The fact that team is starting to coast is such a bad sign. I don't know if they're coasting because like you say... they could care less about the President's Trophy... or maybe they're coasting because there's only 2 games left against CGY & EDM and they've been on a win streak. Or maybe they're coasting because after leading after 2 periods, they think they have the game in the bag. I mean c'mon that's the worst 3rd period in a long time.

At the end of the day, I would like to see "coasting" habit/attitude snapped out of their system (and even better, before the playoffs).
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #23082

I think what he meant was "The Canucks are only playing for 1st in the West, not the president trophy's".

Well...that's what I meant, really lol.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #23083

I think the Canucks are bad for my health. I'm going to have a heart attack before I even turn 40.

But then again, when you're this passionate with a sport... and moreso a team... it's hard not to get this emotionally invested. I mean c'mon. I was cheering for the Boston Bruins 2 games ago (just so my team can have a shot @ PT). Do you know how dirty I felt doing that?
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #23084
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
That was a horrific last period; the boys picked it up for maybe two shifts after the tying goal but then just relaxed right after again...

our PP is brutal... special teams probably gonna be a problem in the playoffs

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
This post thanked by:
Old 04-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #23085
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I think the Canucks are bad for my health. I'm going to have a heart attack before I even turn 40.

But then again, when you're this passionate with a sport... and moreso a team... it's hard not to get this emotionally invested. I mean c'mon. I was cheering for the Boston Bruins 2 games ago (just so my team can have a shot @ PT). Do you know how dirty I felt doing that?
werd cant handle the playoff stress no more, and i'm pretty much a guy who never gets stressed about nothing
Old 04-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #23086
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
....It's been like that all year.

Carolina, Calgary, Columbus, Anaheim, Buffalo, Edmonton, Minnesota, Dallas, Montreal, all considered bottom-feeders/in your case non-competitors have all taken down the Canucks.

I don't see why you're getting upset over this loss/potential loss over the PRESIDENTS TROPHY which isn't important unless the Canucks face the Rangers...

You usually aren't this moody, Noir
I guess the point is the Canucks tend to take their foot off the gas peddle, and fucking blow it. Being up three games against the hawks and end up nearly blowing it..being up against the bruins two games and blowing it..they also had a chance to end the preds in five, but instead they had to endure a long travel back to nashville. Losing to all these bottom feeding teams all season has been brutal to watch. People say Luongo is mentally weak, but I think the whole team is.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #23087

I pray we play the Yotes and not the Sharks/Kings

I guess Laich's "prediction" that his caps were gonna make the playoffs was actually true.. poor Miller could do nothing but watch Read's shot blow past him

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 04-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #23088
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
special teams probably gonna be a problem in the playoffs
People don't seem to be aware of how true this is, and how scary it is. The Canucks have been built around PP success. Most of their success the last few years have been because of 2 things: 1) Great goaltending, 2) Powerplay

Now with one of those two things missing, they look quite mediocre (although with one of those two things still there, they still have a good record amazingly)

I know people like to have 'faith' that they are going to win, because they can't accept anything negative about the team. But unless they can turn their PP around, I don't see how they are going to make it out of round 2.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #23089
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
sorry if this is a dumb question, where can i find some cheap playoff ticket for game 1 next wed?

Last edited by threezero; 04-05-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #23090
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Just wanted Nucks to be one of the first teams in 13 years to get prez trophy twice in a row, even though it doesn't matter, it's just a pride thing

I'm just gna hope NYR loses tmr =|
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Old 04-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #23091

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
sorry if this is a dumb question, where can i find some playoff ticket for game 1 next wed?
craigslist? stubhub?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #23092
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
People don't seem to be aware of how true this is, and how scary it is. The Canucks have been built around PP success. Most of their success the last few years have been because of 2 things: 1) Great goaltending, 2) Powerplay

Now with one of those two things missing, they look quite mediocre (although with one of those two things still there, they still have a good record amazingly)

I know people like to have 'faith' that they are going to win, because they can't accept anything negative about the team. But unless they can turn their PP around, I don't see how they are going to make it out of round 2.
PP failed us when it mattered most. Seems to me they're concentrating more on being prepared defensively, hence all the one goal games. Losing Ehrhoff hurt our PP and thats a fact.

As for the faith, I dont have the same "feeling" as I did about our chances last year, but you have to admit we have more depth. Added to the fact that Cory has proven himself in some big games vs tough opponents, we know our goaltending will be solid should Lu struggle at some point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall many maintenance games last year either. I also have a sneaky feeling that Daniel is more ready than the organization will admit.

The Canucks took last year as a learning experience and are seemingly more prepared for the grind. Like I said, I'm not as confident as I was last year but we're still a very strong contender and I very much like our chances.

GO NUCKS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?

Last edited by punkwax; 04-05-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #23093
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
sorry if this is a dumb question, where can i find some cheap playoff ticket for game 1 next wed?
"Cheap" and "playoff ticket" shouldn't be used in the same sentence...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 04-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #23094
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
PP failed us when it mattered most. Seems to me they're concentranting more on being prepared defensively, hence all the one goal games. Losing Ehrhoff hurt our PP and thats a fact.

As for the faith, I dont have the same "feeling" as I did about our chances last year, but you have to admit we have more depth. Added to the fact that Cory has proven himself in some big games vs tough opponents, we know our goaltending will be solid should Lu struggle at some point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall many maintenance games last year either. I also have a sneaky feeling that Daniel is more ready than the organization will admit.

The Canucks took last year as a learning experience and are seemingly more prepared for the grind. Like I said, I'm not as confident as I was last year but we're still a very strong contender and I very much like our chances.

GO NUCKS!!!!
that pretty much sums up my feelings exactly. if the last 10 games or so have been an indication of anything, the canucks are trying to win without relying so heavily on the powerplay. hopefully the 7 game win streak they had put together is a sign of good things to come in the playoffs. if not, i won't be surprised if they don't make the cup final. it would suck total ass, but it wouldn't be a surprise unfortunately
Spoiler!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #23095

First round shouldn't be too bad.. but shouldn't be taken easily, but after that.. I don't know

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 04-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #23096
I don't get it

shitty result tonight
Old 04-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #23097
I STILL don't get it

anyone watching the kings/sharks game? god damn powerplay galore.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:13 PM   #23098
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Holy shit...you guy see Ryan Clowe break up a 3-on-1 FROM THE BENCH!? He's sitting on the boards, reaches down and tips the puck off the stick of a Kings player...when he wasn't a legal player on the ice.

All four officials miss it. Sharks win in a SO.

Blows my mind. Both teams tied with 94 points now so that one play has huge playoff seeding implications.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #23099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Holy shit...you guy see Ryan Clowe break up a 3-on-1 FROM THE BENCH!? He's sitting on the boards, reaches down and tips the puck off the stick of a Kings player...when he wasn't a legal player on the ice.

Blows my mind. Both teams tied with 94 points now so that one play has huge playoff seeding implications.
Don't forget the point(s) LA got when their clock "malfunctioned"
Old 04-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #23100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

video for the others

Closed Thread