REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #23601
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
sumbitch, that sucks
Advertisement

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 04-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #23602
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
There may be some hope.
When I had the wifi it was fast. loaded youtube clips no problem. (though, cbc feed isn't always the greatest)
But, it did cut out every so often.

So there is still hope.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #23603
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
There may be some hope.
When I had the wifi it was fast. loaded youtube clips no problem. (though, cbc feed isn't always the greatest)
But, it did cut out every so often.

So there is still hope.
You just gotta believe man, you just gotta believe.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #23604
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
So... looks like the haters are at it again....

Quote:
VANCOUVER—How is it that the Canadian team with the best chance at the Stanley Cup is one of the most hated teams in hockey? Shouldn’t we love these guys?

Mention the Vancouver Canucks in Vancouver and the love overflows. Mention the same team anywhere else in the league and the venom is palpable.

Non-Canucks fans point to the team’s reputation for whining — GM Mike Gillis was fined during last season’s playoffs for complaining about the officiating — the diving abilities of the Sedin twins, the hair-pulling and finger-biting tactics of forward Alex Burrows.

“They are the most arrogant team I played against and the most hated team I’ve ever played against,” former Boston Bruins forward Mark Recchi told an American radio station last year.

Why exactly are the Canucks so despised? For a second year in a row, the team captured the President’s Trophy as the NHL’s top team and odds are the Canucks will have another extended run in the playoffs with their second chance in as many years of ending up in the finals. The Canucks will begin that quest Wednesday night in their playoff opener against the Los Angeles Kings.

Cambridge, Ont., resident Jim Chaplin says one reason the Canucks are so despised is because they have an inflated opinion of themselves.

“This is not a team that goes out and plays tough and backs up their talk. They hide behind officials and they don’t play an honourable, tough brand of hockey,” says Chaplin, who lived in Vancouver in his early 20s and is a lifelong Chicago Blackhawks fan. “Hockey fans love a good work ethic, players who hit and backcheck. Fans like fighters, not chirpers.”

Chaplin thinks the Canucks’ reputation for being a dirty team reaches back years, starting with the 2004 Todd Bertuzzi hit on Steve Moore of the Colorado Avalanche.

Kelly Kirch, program director for Sportsnet 960 The Fan in Calgary, says whenever the Canucks are raised as a topic on radio call-in shows, the response from callers is disdain.

“What people don’t like the most about the team, I think, are the Canuck fans. The Canucks fans lose all sense of judgment; they think everyone else is against them and they aren’t graceful when they lose,” says Kirch. “There is an arrogance with the Canucks and while people can respect that they’re a very good team, no one likes them very much.”

That’s why Kirch believes so many fans of other teams like seeing the Canucks lose.

Canucks fan Sean Zandberg, one of the writers for the Canucks blog Nucks Misconduct, cites simple jealousy as the reason his team is so hated.

“The Canucks have been so successful that everything they do is scrutinized,” he says. “No one hates a loser but they really hate the prom king.”
Vancouver Canucks could be NHL

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
Old 04-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #23605
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Hawaii. I don't care if I have to pay for wifi to catch the game.
Flip, which island are you flying to? When I went to Honolulu last year, West Jet and Bell has an agreement so you get bell sat tv. but part way some of the channels cut out while we were over international waters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 04-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #23606
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Auxiliary Riot Squad

Quote:
Are you interested in working for a private security firm during the playoffs? Do you feel like your presence could have made a positive difference during last year's riot?

No previous security experience is necessary, but applicants must be willing to carry a billy club and administer pepper spray. Experience in sports like hockey, and MMA would be a plus. Football and baseball experience would probably be a negative.
lol

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 04-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #23607
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I could give a fuck if the Canucks are the most hated team in the league. In fact, I love it. They're ours. We won't share. Fuck off.

Especially the rest of Canada. We don't want to be your team. If you want to come along for the ride, there's plenty of room on the bandwagon. But if not, it's because they don't deserve the Canucks, not because they aren't welcome.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #23608
SFICC-05*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I could give a fuck if the Canucks are the most hated team in the league. In fact, I love it. They're ours. We won't share. Fuck off.

Especially the rest of Canada. We don't want to be your team. If you want to come along for the ride, there's plenty of room on the bandwagon. But if not, it's because they don't deserve the Canucks, not because they aren't welcome.
Perhaps this cocky attitude is exactly what others pushes people to dislike the fans/team?

I don't see how hard it is to just keep classy about it and ignore the chirping. See the article, don't have to respond to it. Haters gonna hate.

Btw, lol at "we won't share" + "come along for the ride".
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #23609
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
By that chart, does that mean 2nd round would be either STL or SJS?
Actually, I am referencing to this chart: http://www.nhl.com/ice/stanleycup.htm

I thought it was #1 vs. #4, which would be either DET or NAS
Old 04-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #23610
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Flip, which island are you flying to? When I went to Honolulu last year, West Jet and Bell has an agreement so you get bell sat tv. but part way some of the channels cut out while we were over international waters.
Honolu first. Did the same trip last year and yeah, half way through it cut out. Hope they have it on sat and if they offer wifi, even better. If they do have it on sat, i'll probably get to watch half the game.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 04-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #23611
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Actually, I am referencing to this chart: NHL.com - The Stanley Cup

To my knowledge, we would be facing whoever the lowest seed is that made it into the 2nd round

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
Old 04-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #23612
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I don't see what's so hard to understand. I've had fans of vanquished teams around Vancouver hang and cheer for the Canucks with my friends and that's cool. If they don't want to, well, then it's their loss...not ours.

I don't respond. I thought it was fine to talk about it here amongst other Canucks fans. You don't see me on CDC or Yahoo...although sometimes it gets pretty bad around here too.

But if other fans hate the Canucks or their fans...good.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #23613

For that member who is flying from YVR to HNL, Air Canada would not have live TV available. They do however announce the score if requested. I flew to HK in April 2011 when the Canucks played Game 5 against Chicago. The pilot announced the score and game final score over the PA.

Westjet have satellite TV available. However, flying over the Pacific Ocean (about 1.5 hours west), none of the channels will work. The TVs during my flight to Honolulu didn't work at all in August 2011.

Westjet flying east to Toronto or South to California would have most channels working.
I watched NBA openers on Christmas Day 2011 when flying to Vegas.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #23614

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Actually, I am referencing to this chart: NHL.com - The Stanley Cup

The Canucks [the #1 seed] play the LOWEST seed in the second round. Depends if there's any upsets, so virtually, the Canucks could play:

- #7 San Jose
- #6 Chicago
- #5 Detroit

Or even #4 Nashville if all 4 top seeds make it to the second round.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #23615
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Honestly, I don't know many people who despise the Canucks. And i'm currently studying out east.

The media and everyone always says things like, everyone hates the Canucks etc... But, I have never really seen that.

The only thing i've noticed is a lot of people chirping me about the Canucks and Vancouver. But, it isn't like they hate the Canucks they just chirp because that's what sports fans do. I mean, I give it to the flames/leafs fans over here just as much.

The only consensus overe here is that the sedins are little girls, burrows is a cheap ass who just chirps and doesn't fight, and luongo is a head case. Other than that, I don't really hear much else. Don't we say the exact same things about other players on other teams?
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #23616

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
The Canucks [the #1 seed] play the LOWEST seed in the second round. Depends if there's any upsets, so virtually, the Canucks could play:

- #7 San Jose
- #6 Chicago
- #5 Detroit

Or even #4 Nashville if all 4 top seeds make it to the second round.
My first impression of this would be... any NHL team would love to be #6.

1. #6 plays #3 which is not really "#3"
2. In round 2, if #6 advances, it would still have a chance to avoid playing #1 seed.

Another reason why NHL seeding is not very intuitive.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #23617

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
It's actually really easy to understand if you play enough NHL like I have
Old 04-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #23618
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
theres a extra break for game 5 due to concert booked at rogers arena on the 20/21

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 04-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #23619
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
My first impression of this would be... any NHL team would love to be #6.

1. #6 plays #3 which is not really "#3"
2. In round 2, if #6 advances, it would still have a chance to avoid playing #1 seed.

In the end the best team wins anyway, or so we hope.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #23620
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
theres a extra break for game 5 due to concert booked at rogers arena on the 20/21
Coldplay!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #23621
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,647 Times in 2,303 Posts
preety gay
Old 04-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #23622
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

god damn why the fuck is there monday and tuesday. lets get to wednesday already!

NBC>CBC for this ad alone
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #23623
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,513 Times in 4,905 Posts
Spoiler!
I guess the media doesn't get it......... it's getting old. People, for the most part, are aware of media sensationalism. Try something new, like reporting on facts or something.

Mark Recchi... LOL, like anyone respects anything he has to say. Former Boston Bruins player.... right. Like they are the most loved team in the NHL. Shit smells no matter which asshole it came from.

Sidney Crosby said it best, "What happens on the ice is what matters."

Anyway, can't wait for the puck to drop Wednesday night.

Last edited by MG1; 04-08-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #23624
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
Honestly, I don't know many people who despise the Canucks. And i'm currently studying out east.

The media and everyone always says things like, everyone hates the Canucks etc... But, I have never really seen that.

The only thing i've noticed is a lot of people chirping me about the Canucks and Vancouver. But, it isn't like they hate the Canucks they just chirp because that's what sports fans do. I mean, I give it to the flames/leafs fans over here just as much.

The only consensus overe here is that the sedins are little girls, burrows is a cheap ass who just chirps and doesn't fight, and luongo is a head case. Other than that, I don't really hear much else. Don't we say the exact same things about other players on other teams?
I completely agree. Most of the friends I have have made here in Toronto cheered for the Canucks last year and said they will cheer for them this year.

I really think it is the MEDIA who likes to create these "Canada's most hated team" articles based on a very vocal minority who like to troll around the internet.

Hell, I walked into a Starbucks yesterday wearing a Canucks t-shirt and I got my bill wiped clean cause the staff were Canucks fans (and they were tired of cheering for the Leafs).
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #23625
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Salo @ 0:03 looks like KING LEONIDAS

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Closed Thread