REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #24426
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Weber only $2500 fine, no suspension. wtf
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #24427
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,085 Times in 1,190 Posts
Wow WTF indeed. Such a brainless and dangerous act by Weber.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 04-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #24428

I just want to get a gauge of where people's heads are at.

Now I'm not trying to compare the Weber turnbuckle smash on Zetterberg to the Rome hit on Horton, but for discussion's sake, had Horton got back up right away, would Rome have been suspended? On the other side, had Zetterberg been injured, would Weber have been suspended?

Why is it that, the result dictates the penalty and not the actual act?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #24429
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,506 Times in 1,699 Posts
Shanahan and the NHL disciplinarians are a joke! What a bunch of hypocrites.

All this talk from Shanny and the NHL about player safety and protecting players being a priority.

How does a deliberate head slam by Weber on Zetterberg only warrant a $2500 fine?? That's chump change for Weber.

That head slam into the glass has no place in hockey. This is the NHL, not WWE! The league really screwed up this time. Shanny messed up badly.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #24430
I STILL don't get it

I was creeping the nucks misconduct blog " So, to recap, whenever O’Rourke officiated a game this season – the Canucks opponent had more PP opp’s than them. 4/6 games is unusual and stands out as biased officiating. " that is such a small sample size and 1 away from being 50% lol dafuqqqqqqqqqqqq
Old 04-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #24431
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post

Now I'm not trying to compare the Weber turnbuckle smash on Zetterberg to the Rome hit on Horton, but for discussion's sake, had Horton got back up right away, would Rome have been suspended? On the other side, had Zetterberg been injured, would Weber have been suspended?

I think that if Zetts had been injured, yeah, there would've been a suspension. That's not the way it should be. It's the intent and act that should be judged upon. So much for protecting star players and showing that the NHL is cleaning up this sort of thing. That's not the type of thing we should have in the game.

Good thing he had a visor on...
Old 04-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #24432
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,199 Times in 2,278 Posts
The integrity of the Shanahammer and the NHL on cracking down Head shots just sunk to new lows

Radio mentioned how Shanahan could have fallen under pressure to the numerous complaints from GMs around the league. It also mentions how Shea Weber's incident wasn't a hockey play.

This was clearly an intent to injure type of incident. Yes Byron Bitz drove his elbow to Clifford, 5min and game misconduct and then face hearing. I understand that, he committed the crime, he will pay. Whether that hit from Bitz had any intent to injure is yet to be seen.

The league isn't suppose to tolerate any sort of "intent to injure type situation", Weber's incident had all the signs of an "intent to injure play" He deserved a game or two for that.

Pronger stomping to Kesler's foot got suspensions. So whats the difference here.

Is it cuz Weber isn't a repeat offender?(i could be wrong..)
Old 04-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #24433
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
I can see Shanny going out wanting to suspend Weber for 2 games and Bettman walks into his office before he leaves and go..No Brendan, we're going to fine him $2500. He's not going to do it again.

Fucking NHL...no consistency at all.

O'Rourke officiated some of the Stanley Cup finals games. I've heard about his bad officiating. And I thought Auger was bad.

But regardless, bad officiating or not...the Canucks played like shit aside from Hansen.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #24434
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

All the comparisons has sparked this tweet...

Quote:
@WWErawGM John Laurinaitis: Thinking Shea Weber might make good addition to @WWE #Raw roster with moves like this: http://wwe.me/aeIlz #PeoplePower #StanleyCup #NHL
This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #24435
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Weber gets $2,500 fine lol.

---

NEW YORK -- Nashville Predators defenseman Shea Weber has been fined $2,500, the maximum allowed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for delivering a blow to the head of Detroit forward Henrik Zetterberg in Game 1 of the teams' Western Conference Quarterfinal series in Nashville on Wednesday, April 11, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 20:00 of the third period. Weber was assessed a minor penalty for roughing.

"This was a reckless and reactionary play on which Weber threw a glancing punch and then shoved Zetterberg's head into the glass," said NHL Senior Vice President of Player Safety and Hockey Operations Brendan Shanahan. "As is customary whenever Supplemental Discipline is being considered, we contacted Detroit following the game and were informed that Zetterberg did not suffer an apparent injury and should be in the lineup for Game 2.

"This play and the fine that addressed it will be significant factors in assessing any incidents involving Shea Weber throughout the remainder of the playoffs."

The fine money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=627504

edit shit, im too late
anyways, i swear he woulda got 2 games at least..
Old 04-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #24436
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
^ HAHAHAH I was just gonna post that. Not sure if Weber can trash talk though?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #24437
I subscribe to Revscene

Kings apologize for the tweet lol

Kings apologize for tweet mocking Canucks - The Globe and Mail
Old 04-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #24438
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
the weber fine is absolute bullshit

and wings Darren Helm out for playoffs with lacerated wrist fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 04-12-2012, 10:19 AM   #24439
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Superstar rule in effect, scumbag nhl at its best.

And yet Bitz has a disciplinary hearing scheduled, so most likely suspension coming to him.. retarded.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #24440

This was a hit Weber made on Hansen during the season. He was not suspended, just fined.

Again, no injury.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #24441
MOD

Quote:

This post thanked by:
Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #24442
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post

This is whats wrong with the NHL. If the guy gets up theres no penalty, but concussion? Your getting suspended. The players are policing themselves. Officiating in NHL is too inconsistent.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #24443
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
you must be furious ahahhahaha

now with Helm out as well
Old 04-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #24444
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooface55 View Post
This is whats wrong with the NHL. If the guy gets up theres no penalty, but concussion? Your getting suspended. The players are policing themselves. Officiating in NHL is too inconsistent.
players policing themselves..rid the instigator rule and then thats where the policing will really happen
Old 04-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #24445
I bringith the lowerballerith

Way to much flopping around by Kesler and even Hank and Burrows.

Lu showed up to play - it's a shame his effort was wasted.

We need to settle down, play discipline whistle to whistle and no shenanigans. Our speed and skills should be able to beat the Kings.

Not bandwagoning but if we lose the next one, I don't see us digging ourselves out of a 2-0 hole especially when you got Richards, Kopitar, Carter, Doughty and Quick on the other end.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #24446
MOD

ya darthchilli. FML

Quote:

Old 04-12-2012, 10:41 AM   #24447
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by see.lai View Post
Weber gets $2,500 fine lol.

---

NEW YORK -- Nashville Predators defenseman Shea Weber has been fined $2,500, the maximum allowed under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for delivering a blow to the head of Detroit forward Henrik Zetterberg in Game 1 of the teams' Western Conference Quarterfinal series in Nashville on Wednesday, April 11, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 20:00 of the third period. Weber was assessed a minor penalty for roughing.

"This was a reckless and reactionary play on which Weber threw a glancing punch and then shoved Zetterberg's head into the glass," said NHL Senior Vice President of Player Safety and Hockey Operations Brendan Shanahan. "As is customary whenever Supplemental Discipline is being considered, we contacted Detroit following the game and were informed that Zetterberg did not suffer an apparent injury and should be in the lineup for Game 2.

"This play and the fine that addressed it will be significant factors in assessing any incidents involving Shea Weber throughout the remainder of the playoffs."

The fine money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

Predators' Weber fined $2,500 - Predators v Wings - 2012 Stanley Cup Conference Quarterfinals

edit shit, im too late
anyways, i swear he woulda got 2 games at least..
Someone on the nucks that's expendable say Alberts needs to do this on Richards or Doughty at the end of the game.

Just to see if they will get the equal fine and no suspension LOLS
Old 04-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #24448
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0n View Post
Way to much flopping around by Kesler and even Hank and Burrows.

Lu showed up to play - it's a shame his effort was wasted.

We need to settle down, play discipline whistle to whistle and no shenanigans. Our speed and skills should be able to beat the Kings.

Not bandwagoning but if we lose the next one, I don't see us digging ourselves out of a 2-0 hole especially when you got Richards, Kopitar, Carter, Doughty and Quick on the other end.
Richards is known for the big games... I said it from the start, if Richards shows up, this series is gonna get interesting. It wasn't even about if Danny is back or not at this point. The canucks need to shutdown Richards
Old 04-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #24449
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Someone on the nucks that's expendable say Alberts needs to do this on Richards or Doughty at the end of the game.

don't want another Bert incident. With our luck, Doughty will be carted off and neckbraced for 3 years and sue the entire organization.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #24450
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:

and u know, id like to see some integrity. especially last night's embarrassment .. the CDC is terrible. Its shit like that in which sparks why the canucks are the most hated...
Closed Thread