REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #29151
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
-more speculation from the media that Vigneault may not return to coach the team. The interesting point in McIntyre's article is that AV might choose to quit and apply for the Montreal coaching position instead of Gillis firing the coach.

This information from the article caught my attention:

The fact Francesco Aquilini has not even met with general manager Mike Gillis yet, 11 days after the Canucks were bounced by the Kings, to talk about Vigneault, that talks aren’t even scheduled for this week, doesn’t seem to make Vigneault’s future secure with the club.

Canucks' Vigneault more and more likely to not return
Looks this way and I've heard that Francesco and AV got into it and something was said that AV didn't like. When you made $24 million dollars last year during the cup run and made basically nothing this year I guess you have to snap at someone and Francesco seems like a hot head.
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #29152
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
this years team canada looks pretty stacked
Old 05-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #29153
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Montreal will love AV. Sucks for Vancouver losing a good coach and possibly our greatest goalie too.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #29154
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

too many hearsay...i got friends who have connections to friends...lets just wait for the facts and see
Old 05-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #29155
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
bob cole fucking sucks, dude is getting way too old for this
Old 05-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #29156
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Gillis and AV both have 1 year left on their contracts. The media have nothing to report on so they speculate on what may or may not happen.

Quote:
Mike Gillis and Francesco Aquilini were originally supposed to meet today, and it's expected the Canucks GM will tell his owner he does not want to change coaches. There's a lot of speculation that Alain Vigneault is a goner because he left town without talking to the media. It's more likely he didn't want to talk without knowing for sure and didn't want to wait almost two weeks for that discussion to happen.

Who is available that is better than AV? Gillis will not make the change unless that person exists. It's not his way. Would also guess that the meeting between owner and GM was delayed because Aquilini would be very emotional after the first-round loss and that is not the time to make important decisions.
From Elliot Friedman's blog.

AV is a great coach and now had some great playoff experience. There are no Mike Babcocks or Bowman's around to hire.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #29157
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Vancouver seriously needs another major sports team because the sports media in this city have nothing to report once the hockey season is over locally.

And I find fans, media and now it seems like (if the rumors are true) the owners might be going a bit overboard after a first round elimination which most teams would consider a bump in the road in terms of their long term plan. I don't see the Bruins or Pens going ape shit and dumping their coach and players, Vancouver on the other hand is ready to fire one the best coaches in the league over the past few seasons, getting rid of their number one goalie and god knows what else is in store.
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #29158

Devils make it 3-2 Huge goal. Time to plug it up and play a 1-4.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #29159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
Vancouver seriously needs another major sports team because the sports media in this city have nothing to report once the hockey season is over locally.

And I find fans, media and now it seems like (if the rumors are true) the owners might be going a bit overboard after a first round elimination which most teams would consider a bump in the road in terms of their long term plan. I don't see the Bruins or Pens going ape shit and dumping their coach and players, Vancouver on the other hand is ready to fire one the best coaches in the league over the past few seasons, getting rid of their number one goalie and god knows what else is in store.
The sports media in Vancouver are so jaded from when the Grizzlies were here. When you listen to people like BMac on the team 1040, they rip into how basketball players were here in Vancouver. Bad interviews, not wanting to do interviews or play in Canada, and all that BS baggage that came with it.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #29160
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:

Easy for them, they are cup winners. Vancouver is clouded by the fact we dun have a cup and we crave it oh so baaaaaaaad

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
This post thanked by:
Old 05-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #29161
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
were gonna win the president cup next year

im calling it
Old 05-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #29162

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Easy for them, they are cup winners. Vancouver is clouded by the fact we dun have a cup and we crave it oh so baaaaaaaad
You do make an interesting point. Imagine the Canucks did have a cup to their belt. How would that change how the sports media do their jobs in this city? A lot of the sports media in town is from the old guard.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #29163
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,691 Posts
Quote:
Looks this way and I've heard that Francesco and AV got into it and something was said that AV didn't like. When you made $24 million dollars last year during the cup run and made basically nothing this year I guess you have to snap at someone and Francesco seems like a hot head.
Although I do not know the Canucks owner personally, I can tell from some observations of Aquilini that this guy is pretty competitive in nature.

Perhaps he wants to excel in everything in his life. Example? When he hired Mike Gillis a few years back, I saw Aquilini in the Steve Nash gym downtown on a Canucks game night. I heard Mark Cuban likes to do some cardio on the day of a Dallas Mavericks game, but what I saw from Aquilini's workout was amazing.

The guy was doing some squats with some heavy kettle balls, forty five pounds, for each leg, if I remember correctly. That's pretty good for a guy that had a big belly.

He was working out pretty hard while one of his brothers, Paolo, was giving him the personal trainer like pep talk "Come on bro, one more set".

I overheard him say that he wanted to get into the best shape of his life.

Therefore, it's not surprising that the Canucks owner has the drive, the competitive nature to win above all else. Perhaps his emotions boiled over in that talk with Vigneault after the playoffs.

Here's a kettle ball workout if you're wondering what the heck it is:

Old 05-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #29164
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
NJ wins in OT
Spoiler!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:48 PM   #29165
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Devils win OT
Old 05-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #29166

Wow! Can't believe the Devils won!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #29167
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,815 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
were gonna win the president cup next year

im calling it
This is a given every year until the realignment happens

That's why it's an over inflated accomplishment. It's pretty much an automatic win when you're the only playoff team, and only team with a better than .500 win% in a division

EDIT I should say that winning the division is a given, the presidents cup takes SOME effort.. but they certainly have it easier than other teams, having to play scrubs like the Oilers all the time.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #29168

Man LAK is crazy
Old 05-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #29169
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
You do make an interesting point. Imagine the Canucks did have a cup to their belt. How would that change how the sports media do their jobs in this city? A lot of the sports media in town is from the old guard.

I think if the Canucks would have won the cup last year it could have possibly made it even worse this year with the first round outage.

not saying another riot but i think there would have been a lot more questioning on who needs to go and who needs to stay with the team.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #29170
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,815 Times in 8,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj.GSR View Post
I think if the Canucks would have won the cup last year it could have possibly made it even worse this year with the first round outage.

not saying another riot but i think there would have been a lot more questioning on who needs to go and who needs to stay with the team.
how so?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #29171
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Burrows blogs Fort Nucks, Hi everybody, Alex Burrows here. I

RNH centering ebs and himself...holy clutch batman!!
Nice to see him playing with some future olympians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_BIGGS View Post
Gillis and AV both have 1 year left on their contracts. The media have nothing to report on so they speculate on what may or may not happen.

From Elliot Friedman's blog.

AV is a great coach and now had some great playoff experience. There are no Mike Babcocks or Bowman's around to hire.
Well, things do look very suspicious when AV wasn't present at the post playoff interview.
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
Old 05-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #29172
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

LA is lighting shit up. The Blues must be feeling the same as Canucks.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #29173
RS controls my life!

I say Blues are done.

Kings are going to be so fresh for their run I see them winning it all.
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
Old 05-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #29174

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
We put up a better fight than the Blues have
Old 05-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #29175

mannnnn what a weird series

elliott has been terrible thus far
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Closed Thread