REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   The Ultimate Hoi An Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/648697-ultimate-hoi-thread.html)

K-Dub 07-06-2011 05:46 PM

Stopped by for #3 today before heading down to Spanish.

You weren't kidding when you said it's busy.. drove by just now and it's still busy!

FlyNvBaller 07-06-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 7502513)
Are you working on Sunday?

Thinking of dropping by in the afternoon. I think I'll earn a nice bowl of pho + spring rolls after doing the grouse grind :fullofwin:

yea I'll be there Sunday.
the guy in the back looking out of the hole.

JSilver 07-06-2011 05:58 PM

I asked my buddy what was good to eat at your restaurant before we ordered. Your sister (Assuming she's your sister) called out that everything was good lol. Them prawn/pork spring rolls are killer.

FlyNvBaller 07-06-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Dub (Post 7502598)
Stopped by for #3 today before heading down to Spanish.

You weren't kidding when you said it's busy.. drove by just now and it's still busy!

lol i crave for some #3 too.... so gooodd...so hungry.

Yea its been constantly busy all day everyday for awhile now.... considering we opened up in March, we've got customer base, regardless of revscene.

We kind of want it to slow down so we can take a break. Working at 110% everyday is tough. And it's only going to get busier!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSilver (Post 7502617)
I asked my buddy what was good to eat at your restaurant before we ordered. Your sister (Assuming she's your sister) called out that everything was good lol. Them prawn/pork spring rolls are killer.

Everything is pretty good thats why we only chose to sell those. Some will hate #1 because it's different, but that's the most popular dish by a long mile......

As for the Shrimp/pork rolls.... ya they are good but god damn time consuming to make......I'm considering raising the price just so less people will order them lol... because frikking EVERYONE is ordering it now.

Meowjin 07-06-2011 06:34 PM

I was there today

Meowjin 07-06-2011 10:14 PM

#2.

K-Dub 07-06-2011 11:47 PM

I want to try #1, but #3 is just so good.

Santofu 07-07-2011 12:39 AM

I stopped by today around 2pm and ordered #2 and spring rolls... They are awesome! :thumbsup:

However I know your little sister lol. Small world eh?

spideyv2 07-07-2011 10:59 PM

what time do you guys open/close? i wanna check it out sometime

bcrdukes 07-07-2011 11:04 PM

Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday: 10am to 7pm
Tuesday: :mad: Closed :mad:
Friday & Saturday: 10am to 8pm

Hint: Avoid going during lunch hour.

xilley 07-08-2011 04:29 AM

which spring roll?
15 or 17?

JSilver 07-08-2011 07:26 AM

GG 07-08-2011 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyNvBaller (Post 7502632)
lol i crave for some #3 too.... so gooodd...so hungry.

Yea its been constantly busy all day everyday for awhile now.... considering we opened up in March, we've got customer base, regardless of revscene.

We kind of want it to slow down so we can take a break. Working at 110% everyday is tough. And it's only going to get busier!

Everything is pretty good thats why we only chose to sell those. Some will hate #1 because it's different, but that's the most popular dish by a long mile......

As for the Shrimp/pork rolls.... ya they are good but god damn time consuming to make......I'm considering raising the price just so less people will order them lol... because frikking EVERYONE is ordering it now.

Noooooo dont raise the price

whats the price right now?

$5-6 dollar?

Just a friendly suggestoin

perhaps double the size of the current spring roll, since when i ordered it i feel it was rather small.

Now if you double the size, than instead serving 5-6 rolls on a plate, serve half of it, but double the size. Make the rolls a lot bigger and thicker, that way it has more bite to it.

And if you guys feel getting overwhelmed, perhaps start hiring staffs? not just relying on ur family? otherwise u guys will be tired as hell. Hire staff = longer business hours.
Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Dub (Post 7503108)
I want to try #1, but #3 is just so good.

im surprise so many of you likes no.3

i like no.1, and no.2 is pretty much the same as no.2, so i know i will like it

however i looked up the ingridient in no.3

pork feet? personally im scared of that shit, so didnt dare ordering it.

Went with traditional pho which was like no.9 or sth forgot

fliptuner 07-08-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tequilabomb (Post 7504566)
i like no.1, and no.2 is pretty much the same as no.2, so i know i will like it

:fulloffuck:

Don't change anything. I hate it when good restaurants get popular, expand (or change owners/cooks) and food quality suffers.

GG 07-08-2011 09:53 AM

but he claims that they are overwhelmed, so i thought it couldnt hurt by hiring a few helpers.

so they can keep up..

i dunno

jerche 07-08-2011 10:13 AM

Wow I did not know this place is that popular...I go to school with one of owners...or owners' daughter rather

Still have not try it out yet but she did say she'll hook me up once I get there lol...more reasons to go now!!

xilley 07-08-2011 07:56 PM

had the 17 today
shrimp was freshhh

kchan 07-09-2011 11:22 AM

just woke up, and craving some pho
gonna come drop by :D

Edit: lol turns out my gf is friends with your sister :3

dlo 07-09-2011 01:12 PM

yo whos down for some hoi an right now.. im pissed hungover and fuckin dead tired, anyone?

Nvasion 07-09-2011 09:33 PM

went earier today 4pm.. saw you in the back kitchen.

i was in the yellow livestrong tshirt with my GF

FlyNvBaller 07-09-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvasion (Post 7506320)
went earier today 4pm.. saw you in the back kitchen.

i was in the yellow livestrong tshirt with my GF

lol yes I saw you, you guys both ordered Mi Quang. You should've said Hi. I always figure that random CBC walk-ins are revscene peepz.

Nvasion 07-09-2011 10:44 PM

ill say hi next time for sure!

Culverin 07-09-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyNvBaller (Post 7506325)
lol yes I saw you, you guys both ordered Mi Quang. You should've said Hi. I always figure that random CBC walk-ins are revscene peepz.

Hahahahaha.... Is revscene keeping you guys swamped? :p

Obsideon 07-10-2011 12:56 AM

I was there yesterday! Got the #2 and #3, I much prefer #3, but next time I drop in I will try #1 and #4! (gotta try the classic BBH!)
The Shrimp Rolls were pretty darn good too!

Hint: If you guys were to open... say late night (after I get off work) then I will be there a lot more often! You guys definitely blow that 24 hour pho on Broadway out of the water haha ;)

FlyNvBaller 07-10-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvasion (Post 7506395)
ill say hi next time for sure!

sweet, we can talk about hockey and if i really know you... lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin (Post 7506441)
Hahahahaha.... Is revscene keeping you guys swamped? :p

yes closed, at 8pm, didnt get home til 1030. It's 2am now and I just finished cutting up meat.....running low on shrimp rolls once again

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obsideon (Post 7506560)
I was there yesterday! Got the #2 and #3, I much prefer #3, but next time I drop in I will try #1 and #4! (gotta try the classic BBH!)
The Shrimp Rolls were pretty darn good too!

Hint: If you guys were to open... say late night (after I get off work) then I will be there a lot more often! You guys definitely blow that 24 hour pho on Broadway out of the water haha ;)

Glad you liked it, and no way in hell we open later! so tired la..

Jayboogz, your buddy in there today Gorden Cheng?