REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Known drug dealer in my neighborhood...

I tried searching for similar posts, but I didn't find anything, sorry if this is a repost mods.

A guy I went to school with is dealing drugs, specifically cocaine.

I know people are responsible for their own actions for however they want to use and abuse their bodies. But I know for a fact that this guy sells to people that he knows are addicted to coke and don't stop calling him and I would like to put a stop to it, however small of a difference I can make.

I know his name and I have his number. If I call and report his information to the police, is it even going to make a difference?

Thank you. Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
BaBiE_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Well that's what drug dealers do - sell to addicts.

You can call the police or crime stoppers and give them the info though.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Call your local police department's non-emergency number?

If you and person of interest went to school together and live in the same area, it is likely that you will have mutual acquaintances. For your own safety deleting the above and posting it under a different username might be a good option.
jplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,118 Times in 161 Posts
Lol ze internet where people don't mind their own business. If I were you I wouldn't bother. What do you gain out of this? Nothing really. If they are actually addicts they probably have an alternat guy incase
Posted via RS Mobile
Jayboogz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Call Crimestoppers in your area and give them as much detail as possible. Your identity is protected.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:06 AM   #6
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBiE_Bee View Post
I know his name and I have his number. If I call and report his information to the police, is it even going to make a difference?
not to be a dick, but why dont you just mind your own business
karma will serve his ass sooner or later

i personally dont see how it even offends/benefits you, maybe theirs grudge between you and him? or something we dont know about?

if i were you, id just wait till the day that you see him get cuffed and taken in outside your neighbourhood, instead of sounding like a rat especially with the last part i quoted
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2011, 03:15 AM   #7
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
While you may feel like your doing something good for the "addicts" I know for a fact that he is just one of several numbers that the "addicts" can and do call for whatever it is they need. You calling crimestoppers for a low level street dealer isn't going to do anything to stop the ebb and flow of drugs that these people desire or require. It might give you a sense of entitlement and a couple hundred dollars from crimestoppers but shit like that has a way of getting out and coming around. You don't want to be labeled. The people buying from him are going to continue to do so weather it's from him or someone else.

Berz out.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:57 AM   #8
...on a mission....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
While you may feel like your doing something good for the "addicts" I know for a fact that he is just one of several numbers that the "addicts" can and do call for whatever it is they need. You calling crimestoppers for a low level street dealer isn't going to do anything to stop the ebb and flow of drugs that these people desire or require. It might give you a sense of entitlement and a couple hundred dollars from crimestoppers but shit like that has a way of getting out and coming around. You don't want to be labeled. The people buying from him are going to continue to do so weather it's from him or someone else.

Berz out.
So, we should just turn a blind eye, as citizens, to this kind of stuff? When do we stop being responsible citizens and ignore what happens around us. Using this type of thinking.....why should we be witnesses in court cases to help out our society.......it might get out and come around.

The best advice has been given...call Crime Stoppers.
Simnut is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2011, 04:16 AM   #9
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Seriously, dont do anything about it, berz is 100% right. The only reason people think that its a good idea is because they are so full of righteous bull shit. Dealers come and go, ethier you hit them big or dont hit them at all. Its like attacking an attack dog w/out killing it. Your going to get mauled.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:50 AM   #10
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Sometimes, the police (once informed about these kinds of things) will not bust them immediately. This can frustrate the members of the community in the short term, but it can be for one of two main reasons; too busy to bust a street dealer, or they're trailing him in order to find the suppliers.

Either way, if you call it'll get it off your mind and you'll be able to rest easier. Even if it solves no problems, if it makes you rest easier, it's done what you wanted it to.
Posted via RS Mobile
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #11
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmack View Post
Seriously, dont do anything about it, berz is 100% right. The only reason people think that its a good idea is because they are so full of righteous bull shit. Dealers come and go, ethier you hit them big or dont hit them at all. Its like attacking an attack dog w/out killing it. Your going to get mauled.
ok, I'll narc out this dealer with myself righteous bs and just before the bust begin, I'll slip an address where this guy can slang on another block;
bringing addicts who need to feed their $500/day addiction by taking other people stuff nearby; bringing douche bags who can't seem to have the decency to shut up or not smart enough to keep on the low (like our friend here who seems to caught the attention of the OP) and then ask for forgiveness when: 1.on the pavement bleeding 2.at court.

BTW, what's your address?
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #12
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Dont be a rat. It is true that we do live in a society where people stand around and do nothing unless it involves him/her personally. However, in a situation like this; it is best not to get involved. As long as there are drug addicts, there will be drug dealers; it's not in your control. Lets say you get one behind bars, there's still hundreds more dispersed all over the lower mainland and those are just the guys at the bottom of the chain. People do what they have to do to survive; whether it be right or wrong. I do commend you for the thought of bettering the community.
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:30 PM   #13
I bringith the lowerballerith

I know a few dealers from highschool times. Yes they even dealed the hard stuff not just weed. Although living in a good neighbourhood prbbly has a factor, 3 dealers have stopped and went to college. And its not because they got caught etc , one dealer i know and is a friend did it so he could earn some money for college.

Point is, these small time street dealers are just exactly that. Small timers and getting them arrested will do nothing for the community.addicts but just destroy(overstatement) life.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:33 AM   #14
My homepage has been set to RS

I'm surprised at all the people saying let it go. What if his dealing was to lead to a serious incident within the neighbourhood? This could put neighbours in harms way. I say just leave an anonymous tip, don't collect anything.
Posted via RS Mobile
ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #15
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
you really have no understanding how the drug trade works if you think busting your friend makes any amount of difference at all in the community. you really want to stop drugs you bust the guys at the international level who are moving kilos, not grams. but good luck with that. maybe you should just be a cop.
your friend also isn't very smart when he just tells everyone he slings crack.. and there are big consequences for ratting people out like this. if you do just make sure nobody ever knows it's you. plus you just posted on a public forum of 30,000 people. so smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
I'm surprised at all the people saying let it go. What if his dealing was to lead to a serious incident within the neighbourhood? This could put neighbours in harms way. I say just leave an anonymous tip, don't collect anything.
Posted via RS Mobile
^ serious incident? say like.. an overdose? in my opinion the junkies have it coming anyways. they know the risks involved and they choose to continue to smoke crack instead of looking for rehab. like others said, the friend is a foot soldier and if you take him out, there are literally tens of thousands others just waiting to take his spot. the risks do not outweigh the benefits here.

Last edited by Shorn; 07-06-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:27 AM   #16
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
" serious incident? say like.. an overdose?'....how about a driveby shooting or rip with guns? How about one of their hammered clients running into someone with their cars while they dash in and out? I won't even mention the drug crap left on your lawn or the fact that crime in the neighbourhood goes up and vehicle and home breaks increase as his clients look for a way to pay for his illegal drugs. I had one live across from me and the traffic of stoned drivers every few minutes day & night and vehicle & home breaks was enough to upset everyone around him. We were going to bust his trade when he disappeared suddenly, his wife and family got death threats and he disappeared forever because he owed somebody nasty lots of money. Drop a quarter to crimestoppers...nobody expects you to do a "Walking Tall" on him. Why would you want this festering sore in your neighbourhood around your family and home? You are not going to change the world but at least you made a difference for your family and friends.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:43 AM   #17
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Wow, those of you who say for the OP to turn a blind eye, are either selfish, ignorant, have no morals, or have no integrity, and drug dealers yourselves... or all of the above and then some. Seriously, if you saw someone get assaulted, would you just turn away and forget it never happened? Wait, you probably would. The reason why some places in the states are so effed up is because of that "bystander effect" mentality. Actaully, this isn't even it.. At least with the bystander effect, the people who witness crimes WANT to do something, but just assume someone else that is there will do something.

OP:Call crimestoppers. It is obviously you are a decent person and if you let something like this slide, you will feel bad about it forever. The worst thing you could do if you called? Maybe save a few people from Od'ing, and clear your conscious knowing you tried.

The worst thing? Nothing happens. Easy decision if you ask me.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:46 AM   #18
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
you really have no understanding how the drug trade works if you think busting your friend makes any amount of difference at all in the community. you really want to stop drugs you bust the guys at the international level who are moving kilos, not grams. but good luck with that. maybe you should just be a cop.
your friend also isn't very smart when he just tells everyone he slings crack.. and there are big consequences for ratting people out like this. if you do just make sure nobody ever knows it's you. plus you just posted on a public forum of 30,000 people. so smart.

^ serious incident? say like.. an overdose? in my opinion the junkies have it coming anyways. they know the risks involved and they choose to continue to smoke crack instead of looking for rehab. like others said, the friend is a foot soldier and if you take him out, there are literally tens of thousands others just waiting to take his spot. the risks do not outweigh the benefits here.
Like this low level dealer getting shot up in the neighbourhood and a stray bullet kills a kid, wife, mom, dad, husband, grandma, granddad etc. Increase extra concern, anxiety, and quality of life/safety for ALL of those in the neighbourhood.

The way I see it isn't so much busting the guy and ending drug trafficking, it would be getting that type of shit out of the neighbourhood where I live in, and where my friends and family reside.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #19
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
Wow, those of you who say for the OP to turn a blind eye, are either selfish, ignorant, have no morals, or have no integrity, and drug dealers yourselves... or all of the above and then some. Seriously, if you saw someone get assaulted, would you just turn away and forget it never happened? Wait, you probably would. The reason why some places in the states are so effed up is because of that "bystander effect" mentality. Actaully, this isn't even it.. At least with the bystander effect, the people who witness crimes WANT to do something, but just assume someone else that is there will do something.

OP:Call crimestoppers. It is obviously you are a decent person and if you let something like this slide, you will feel bad about it forever. The worst thing you could do if you called? Maybe save a few people from Od'ing, and clear your conscious knowing you tried.

The worst thing? Nothing happens. Easy decision if you ask me.
bystander, the reason people get stabbed to death and beat for no reason is because of being too nosey and trying to help out a fight or whatever it was.

back in taiwan, when a fight breaks out everyone just keep doing their own thing and minding their business. so many got shot to death cause of trying to help but instead they get shot/stabbed to death, was it worth it?
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #20
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
Dont be a rat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
I do commend you for the thought of bettering the community.

regarding fear of retaliation, like zulu said, crimestoppers protects your identity. if the dealer wants to get revenge he'll have to think of who'd want him out of the neighbourhood, which would most likely be everyone...except his clients. pretty hard to narrow it down if you ask me. unless OP went up to his face and yelled at him in the past.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #21
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
bystander, the reason people get stabbed to death and beat for no reason is because of being too nosey and trying to help out a fight or whatever it was.

back in taiwan, when a fight breaks out everyone just keep doing their own thing and minding their business. so many got shot to death cause of trying to help but instead they get shot/stabbed to death, was it worth it?
There is a difference between physically getting involved, and calling the police. No one ever said to go to the dealer and telling him to stop.

And this is not Taiwan
Old 07-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #22
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

wtf you rat. thats how drug dealers make money, you think its always new people going to him? If you bust him then the coke heads have another guy plus no one likes a rat.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #23
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowda9 View Post
wtf you rat. thats how drug dealers make money, you think its always new people going to him? If you bust him then the coke heads have another guy plus no one likes a rat.
Words of a drug dealer right there.

So when some crack head breaks into your moms home and kills her, you want everyone in your neighbourhood to keep quiet, because no one likes rats right?

Grow up.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #24
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

im not a drug dealer. Well thats obvious of course someone will tell the cops if someone got murdered, thats pretty much common sense . In this case, i'm saying that op better off mind her own business, its prob more a personal issue between them if anything.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #25
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowda9 View Post
im not a drug dealer. Well thats obvious of course someone will tell the cops if someone got murdered, thats pretty much common sense . In this case, i'm saying that op better off mind her own business, its prob more a personal issue between them if anything.
it's a domino effect.. the crack head needs money to support their habit... the habit is supplied by the dealer.. it isn't as black and white as many people think.. it effects more than just the crackhead and the dealer. why do you assume the OP has a personal issue, and just doesn't have an issue with people dealing drugs in her neighbourhood?