REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   House and Home Renovations (https://www.revscene.net/forums/house-home-renovations_338/)
-   -   Recommendations for broken pipes repair in front yeard (https://www.revscene.net/forums/649485-recommendations-broken-pipes-repair-front-yeard.html)

yarachi 07-11-2011 10:44 AM

Recommendations for broken pipes repair in front yeard

Our pipes under the lawn are leaking in our front yard, the leak is within our property line so the City of Burnaby Waterworks couldn't take care of it.

Anyone has a good recommendation that does job for a reasonable price? Thanks so much!

kenlo888 07-11-2011 01:31 PM

Used these guys last year. One day job. The don't need to do too much digging. Only the start and end point of the replacement.

Burnaby Drain Master Plumbers - Trenchless Pipe Replacement

Should be a one day job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarachi (Post 7507900)
Our pipes under the lawn are leaking in our front yard, the leak is within our property line so the City of Burnaby Waterworks couldn't take care of it.

Anyone has a good recommendation that does job for a reasonable price? Thanks so much!

k3mps 07-11-2011 05:36 PM

i had a pipe problem as well awhile, where you could hear water running throughout the house but couldn't identify what it was (nothing was running, water was shut off)
anyways, we had 4 different companies come in and they had no idea what it was. lucky number 5 came in and knew what the problem was right off the bat.

Ventresca plumbing, did the 4 hour job the next day .
don't know about pricing because we didn't compare but honestly it was done great and neatly.
warning, they don't give out receipts

blkgsr 07-14-2011 06:58 AM

no receipt?? did you pay cash?

Gumby 07-15-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lllggg (Post 7508257)
i had a pipe problem as well awhile, where you could hear water running throughout the house but couldn't identify what it was (nothing was running, water was shut off)
anyways, we had 4 different companies come in and they had no idea what it was. lucky number 5 came in and knew what the problem was right off the bat.

So what was the problem?

racerman88 07-15-2011 02:30 PM

hopefully easy fix, otherwise this can get expensive.

yarachi 07-16-2011 09:26 AM

Thanks people :) the problem was fixed.

Most of the contractors said to replace the entire row of pipes, but only one said it would be possible to replace the part where the leakage was.
and the quotes ranged from a couple hundreds to a couple thousands! it would be wise to ask around for prices.

Expresso 01-16-2012 10:18 PM

I'm pretty sure I have the same issue. There is a big puddle near the side of my house and upon further inspection, water is leaking up within the puddle. This area also houses the main water supply to the house so my guess is the main water line is leaking.

Just wondering if anyone has anymore contacts. Gotta get a couple of quotes and get this fixed asap. The water is starting to flood my neighbor's lawn lol! Price is always a consideration, but I don't mind paying a bit more to get it done right unless there isn't much variation when it comes to these types of jobs.

Doubl3_H 01-17-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HachiSix (Post 7763988)
I'm pretty sure I have the same issue. There is a big puddle near the side of my house and upon further inspection, water is leaking up within the puddle. This area also houses the main water supply to the house so my guess is the main water line is leaking.

Just wondering if anyone has anymore contacts. Gotta get a couple of quotes and get this fixed asap. The water is starting to flood my neighbor's lawn lol! Price is always a consideration, but I don't mind paying a bit more to get it done right unless there isn't much variation when it comes to these types of jobs.

sent you a pm

Spartacus 10-07-2013 07:29 AM

Hey guys, I'm in the exact same situation as OP, our water line broke and the city said we had to deal with it. Could anyone has a good recommendation that does job for a reasonable price? Thanks again!

maxxxboost 10-17-2013 10:41 AM

Maybe you can save some money by doing your own digging. If you are repairing the line, dig enough that they can get to the line to repair it. That's what I did and I saved a lot of money. The materials are cheap, it's the labor that cost money.
Posted via RS Mobile