REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Towed - YVR (https://www.revscene.net/forums/649774-towed-yvr.html)

Gt-R R34 07-15-2011 11:19 AM

Towed - YVR

Quick Question:

I got towed yesterday at YVR departure @ 2am. Which is okay, however I did not sign the ticket form, nor was it from YVR. It was from the towing company itself.

I can dispute, is that correct? As i did not sign the towing reciept? Is it Valid?

Thanks for the help in the matter.

Additional Notes:

I found out from a buddy at YVR be careful at night, the guys in green jackets that work for YVR are working with the tow trucks to make a quick buck, tow your car to a workers parking lot in YVR, make rounds in the departure area to pick up the idiot(me) to pay to get his car.

I already filed a formal complain with YVR already.

gars 07-15-2011 11:37 AM

Does YVR actually have a ticketing system? I'm thinking they might be like Impark where they actually issue tickets.

Private lots usually just call the tow truck company that they're affiliated with and get the car towed without any tickets - and then you just pay the towing company.

Did you just park at the drop-off/pickup area?

C-unit 07-15-2011 11:59 AM

that was you with the 530i? i was right behind you.

anyways, if the tickets are from city or police, you don't really have to pay for it. But next time if you need to have the car tow, the bill will still be under your number and you'll have to make you pay. (assuming your'll be using the same tow truck company).

But yea, don't park your car there next time, that tow truck just circles around the departure area.

CRS 07-15-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C-unit (Post 7512505)
that was you with the 530i? i was right behind you.

anyways, if the tickets are from city or police, you don't really have to pay for it. But next time if you need to have the car tow, the bill will still be under your number and you'll have to make you pay. (assuming your'll be using the same tow truck company).

But yea, don't park your car there next time, that tow truck just circles around the departure area.

Pretty sure you mean the OPPOSITE of this.

C-unit 07-15-2011 12:15 PM

opps..yes i do..lol

sho_bc 07-15-2011 01:18 PM

There are huge LED displays on the way to the terminal that warn of unattended vehicles being towed. Along the curb, there are signs every 15-20m that have big "no parking" images along with the messages "NO WAITING" and "IMMEDIATE UNLOADING ONLY", along with an image indicating its a tow-away zone.

It is private property with overkill signage. Rusty's Towing is contracted out by the YVR Authority to tow vehicles that are left unattended despite the warnings and signs telling you that it is for immediate unload only.

There is no "ticket" involved, just the tow fee to Rusty's Towing. There is nothing to dispute. The paper you got back would be your copy of the receipt.

Don't expect your complaint to get more than a "oh, didn't s/he read the signs?". The reason they implemented the towing and the signs was due to too many unattended vehicles blocking the curb up and backing up traffic.

Sure, they do it just so they can make you park in the pay-parking lots and take your money. But they're a business, there to make money.

Gt-R R34 07-15-2011 01:37 PM

You work for the Towing company?

I am not here to dispute the tow. I'm here to question that I did not have to sign. I recall that I need to sign the bill before I paid. I never signed. Only forced to pay so my car can be "relocated"
Posted via RS Mobile

CRS 07-15-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 (Post 7512605)

I am not here to dispute the tow. I'm here to question that I did not have to sign. I recall that I need to sign the bill before I paid. I never signed. Only forced to pay so my car can be "relocated"
Posted via RS Mobile

No, sho_bc is a peace officer, IIRC.

Dragon-88 07-15-2011 02:52 PM

You are pretty much SOL. Never leave your car unattended cause they are damn fast.

Last time I was at the airport, I saw one person help their friend bringing in a lugage cart and just as they both walk in the door to the airport.. Bam tow truck reverses and tows within 1 minute...

Becareful especially during the asia night time flight cause they are busy as hell up there.

If you are picking someone up I always tell them to meet me at departures, since theres an elevator up to departurs right when you walk out. Then they can wait for you and all you do is pull up and load.

Either way you will have to pay. There is nothing to dispute.. You dont have to sign nothing, but that doesnt mean you dont have to pay.. Just like a ticket from a police officer, you dont have to sign but once its written up, its under your name...

sho_bc 07-15-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gt-R R34 (Post 7512605)

No, RCMP. We (in Richmond) contract our towing to Rusty's as well, so we hear some of their stories, some of which include YVR. We (in Richmond) have to spend 1yr out at YVR, which is why I know the area/signs/etc.

Quote:

It wasn't clear what you were wanting to dispute, hence the long-winded answer.

If you paid by credit card on those old-style carbon paper credit card machines and didn't sign it, you may have grounds for a charge dispute with your credit card company. Otherwise, the receipt would be like any receipt given for a cash transaction: no need for a signature.

Gt-R R34 07-15-2011 03:35 PM

Thanks. That answered my questions. I was never disputing about the tow but about procedures. Things have to be done properly. If you want my money.
Posted via RS Mobile

Acuracura 07-15-2011 06:26 PM

How did you pay the tow truck driver?

- kT 07-17-2011 11:33 PM

this is a bit odd, me and a friend of mine sometimes go to the airport late at night (1am, 3am-ish) and just chill and walk around and stuff. we just like the vibe that an airport brings, all these people with places to be, sleeping at the airport to catch their next flight out to who knows where. anyway that's beside the point

i usually just park at the fairmont next to the cars that are there (usually bmw's) and havn't received any problems, nor have i seen a tow truck circling the area (or i would've just left). come to think of it there's usually no cars at all - this is at the international departure level btw

have i just been lucky all those times or are you guys speaking of a different area?

TypeRNammer 07-17-2011 11:58 PM

Late night Burger King breastfast runs is not worth the tow :troll:

LSF22 07-18-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 7515071)
this is a bit odd, me and a friend of mine sometimes go to the airport late at night (1am, 3am-ish) and just chill and walk around and stuff. we just like the vibe that an airport brings, all these people with places to be, sleeping at the airport to catch their next flight out to who knows where. anyway that's beside the point

i usually just park at the fairmont next to the cars that are there (usually bmw's) and havn't received any problems, nor have i seen a tow truck circling the area (or i would've just left). come to think of it there's usually no cars at all - this is at the international departure level btw

have i just been lucky all those times or are you guys speaking of a different area?

You park along the side? Usually that's valet parking if I'm not wrong

!Kodamu 07-18-2011 01:08 AM

Yes. That is the valet parking. You can get towed from there if you don't have the valet ticket on the dash.

Tow truck drivers at the airport are very aggressive, they even try to tow the valet'd cars. LOL

LSF22 07-18-2011 01:19 AM

Yeah, I work there so I've seen more than my share of people getting towed and talked to by the curbside authority people.... They're pretty ruthless, even if its a YVR employee. I've even seen people park at the designated RCMP spots... how do people not see/read the signs?!

zulutango 07-18-2011 07:01 AM

"But the signs don't apply to me because I'm only going to be a few minutes/I'm late for my flight (my fault)/I'/m not parking...just stopping for a while/ I'm important"

Soundy 07-18-2011 09:13 PM

:noob:

pizzaMR2 07-27-2011 12:48 AM

those 'curbside operations' are the absolute worst! no common sense or anything.

side note, anyone work at yvr and see the curbside operations guy who altered his uniform to look like swat? even made his own flash that says 'curbside ops'

back on topic, during the day, you can get 5mins going inside and not getting towed...even after they said they're calling a tow truck

- kT 08-04-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TypeRNammer (Post 7515110)
Late night Burger King breastfast runs is not worth the tow :troll:

that's actually one of the things we do when we go LOL well played bro. well played

that's odd, of all the times i've been there i've never had any trouble/even seen a tow truck. if a tow truck driver saw my car i'm pretty sure it'd be towed right away, it doesn't fit in with the rest of the valet cars (usually bmw's). guess i've just been lucky, now i know better!

TypeRNammer 08-05-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by - kT (Post 7535161)
that's actually one of the things we do when we go LOL well played bro. well played

that's odd, of all the times i've been there i've never had any trouble/even seen a tow truck. if a tow truck driver saw my car i'm pretty sure it'd be towed right away, it doesn't fit in with the rest of the valet cars (usually bmw's). guess i've just been lucky, now i know better!

Usually I end up being the biggest :troll: when it comes to late night BK runs, if I see an airport security car, I park bumper to bumper behind it, and walk inside like a boss :troll:

But same thing with me also, all of the odd times I've gone there never been towed, but definitely not worth the risk!