REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Sore throat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/650021-sore-throat.html)

Santofu 07-19-2011 06:09 PM

Sore throat

Hey guys... I had this sore throat since early June, however every time i try to speak out, my voice start to hallow or something.
Like I was about to say something but the sound of my voice is too quiet. After a couple of attempting of clearing my throat, everything is fine until it came back like every 10-15 mins...
I mostly cough in the morning when i wake up but no coughs after that time which it's pretty weird. I tried some cough drops, and tea with lemon, nothing works very well.

ANY SOLUTIONS? Please help.

LSF22 07-19-2011 06:49 PM

I had something like that a month ago too. Tried all the honey and lemon stuff... never worked. Try having a spite and some salt... might sound gross but worked wonders for me. I usually got a large sprite and 2 or 3 of those little packs of salt.

!Yaminashi 07-19-2011 08:55 PM

A sore throat is usually a tell tale sign that youre getting sick.
Do you get enough sleep? Sounds like your body is having a tough time battling a virus

Recon604 07-19-2011 09:19 PM

i get sore throat every morning because i have allergies "hay fever"

Santofu 07-19-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !Yaminashi (Post 7517300)
A sore throat is usually a tell tale sign that youre getting sick.
Do you get enough sleep? Sounds like your body is having a tough time battling a virus

Well for the last few weeks I slept for at least 9 hrs, so far nothing is working well.. But then yesterday i haven't slept, because of summer school started yesterday.

W2K 07-19-2011 10:05 PM

Could be allergies, try those allergy pills (ie reactine) for a day and see if that helps.

Matlock 07-19-2011 10:23 PM

As soon as you get a sore throat GARGLE SALT WATER. Run the tap warm, fill a cup with salt and mix it together so it melts. Gargle the hell out of it once or twice a day.

If your sinuses are starting to get congested or sick inhaling warm salt water will also help this. You won't drown, it will come out of your mouth.

Salt water can also be put in your ears if you feel your cold getting to affecting you there aswell. (slight ear dizziness)

Salt kills bacteria. It works and is cheap. Especially effective if you are just starting to catch a cold.

LikeASir 07-19-2011 10:30 PM

try cephacol(sp?)..that works pretty well too

Ulic Qel-Droma 07-19-2011 11:46 PM

if none of the above work and by the end of the month it still wont go away (4 weeks by then), i'd go see a doctor.

chronic sore throats, especially softening of the voice, i don't wanna scare you or nothing, can be signs of really bad things, like the cancers/tumors.

actually fuck why wait, just go see a doctor ANYWAY.

if you smoke weed or cigs or anything... obviously stop for now.

civiccer 09-19-2011 01:25 PM

x2 on gargling salt water. Works well.

Also, I have had a dry throat in the mornings if the air I was sleeping in, was dry. Like if you have the window closed or an airconditioner or fan running. That can cause you to have a sore throat

Culverin 09-19-2011 02:02 PM

Any sore throat lasting longer than a week, you should seeing the doctor.
I had strep last time and it lasted for 3 weeks even with meds and antibiotics.

It was hell.

Go see a doc.

CLDub 10-18-2011 11:31 PM

Also try Oil of Oregano... seems to cure EVERYTHING! Burns though and is VERY strong in taste :(

yomitameow 12-28-2011 04:16 PM

I can totally feel you. I do smoke cigarettes, but not a heavy smoker (half pack a day). Thus, I always get bad sore throat every morning. I'm not sure my sore throat was caused by the cigarettes or hay fever which I have it too. It's really annoying. I get cold pretty easily as well even after a seasonal flu shot.

truth 12-28-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomitameow (Post 7741030)
I can totally feel you. I do smoke cigarettes, but not a heavy smoker (half pack a day). Thus, I always get bad sore throat every morning. I'm not sure my sore throat was caused by the cigarettes or hay fever which I have it too. It's really annoying. I get cold pretty easily as well even after a seasonal flu shot.

just remember a flu shot does not protect you against cold viruses.

GLOW 12-29-2011 09:14 AM

is your nose plugged and/or are you breathing through your mouth when you sleep? if so, that could cause your mouth/throat to be dry and forcing you to cough. i had that happen in the summer when i was battling allergies and was breathing through my mouth while sleeping and the doctor said that was the cause.

froese 12-29-2011 11:04 AM

you should go to the doctor, sounds like a virus

Excelsis 12-29-2011 11:25 AM

what's the doctor going to say? Get some advil/tylenol and get some rest..

best thing to battle a cold/virus is drink echinachea, and some drops of oregano oil, plus a lot of water

.. and do you really need to bump older threads :suspicious: