REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Oslo bomb explosion wrecks govt offices; 2 dead (https://www.revscene.net/forums/650201-oslo-bomb-explosion-wrecks-govt-offices%3B-2-dead.html)

StylinRed 07-22-2011 11:48 PM

BBC just said some teens saw their friends hide amongst the dead bodies but this guy went up to the fallen and used his shotgun on them and so he got those who were hiding

Bonjour43MA 07-22-2011 11:54 PM

That's probably why he ran out of ammo so quickly... he was shooting the fallen victims again to make sure they're really dead. Wow... speechless.

Sometimes I do wonder what would happen if there were no guns in the world, not even the police/military.... I guess we'd end up with knife attacks and stabbings instead? or bombing attacks. Kind of a chicken-or-eggs scenario here - if there were no guns, would there be fewer bad guys? or if there were fewer bad guys, would there be fewer gun crimes?

Manic! 07-23-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonjour43MA (Post 7521329)
That's probably why he ran out of ammo so quickly... he was shooting the fallen victims again to make sure they're really dead. Wow... speechless.

Sometimes I do wonder what would happen if there were no guns in the world, not even the police/military.... I guess we'd end up with knife attacks and stabbings instead? or bombing attacks. Kind of a chicken-or-eggs scenario here - if there were no guns, would there be fewer bad guys? or if there were fewer bad guys, would there be fewer gun crimes?

It would be kind of tough to kill 84 people with a knife.

geeknerd 07-23-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

wed still be fighting natives and probably lose
Posted via RS Mobile

dignatas 07-23-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

no guns = no fps games like counter strike... imagine a world with no first person shooters

:fuckthatshit:

Hondaracer 07-23-2011 07:05 AM

When people are that fucked in the head i don't think guns or no guns really matter
Posted via RS Mobile

Boostslut 07-23-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dignatas (Post 7521440)
no guns = no fps games like counter strike... imagine a world with no first person shooters

:fuckthatshit:

Seriously? WTF, the world would be a better place without them. I know its hard to believe but there was a time before playstations, and computer games where we actually had to go outside and play with your friends, and do outdoor activities! I know its hard to understand these days.

This also isn't the threat to try to be funny, and post stupid ass pictures like you did. And before that "you mad" picture comes up, ya it's a bit disappointing to see such comments in a thread about people bring murdered. Let's grow up Revscene.

92 people have died. RIP to all those, and my heart goes out to all of their families, and the nation of Norway. Horrible stuff happening. How can such a world be so beautiful and so sick at the same time.

RIP..

Hondaracer 07-23-2011 10:08 AM

Nordic countries like that are completely different than the NA lifestyle, video games or not shit is depressing as hell for 6-8 months of the year when it's dark for 14 hours of the day and theres snow up to your knees

places like that its not a matter of entertainment because they arent going outside and playing all the time anyways, its staying away from vices and mental problems

Bonjour43MA 07-23-2011 11:15 AM

Hey DA9ve if you're gonna fail me you better come up with your reason for doing so. Open discussion only works if both sides voice their opinions instead of hiding behind THANK and FAIL buttons which are useless.

JDął 07-23-2011 11:41 AM

I don't know how the police didn't cut him in half with bullets once he'd surrendered. A man like that just needs to be dispatched from this planet Law Abiding Citizen style. Incredible self-restraint by the officers to not kill this guy after he murdered so many of their country-men.

Bonjour43MA 07-23-2011 11:48 AM

^^^ They can't, unless the guy started firing at them.

It's too bad that no one on that island had the means to protect themselves in a situation like this... makes you wonder if allowing everyday citizen to arm themselves would've saved some lives that day?

XplicitLuder 07-23-2011 02:36 PM

heard some guy taklin about this at the gym and it caught my attention so i thought id look on RS cus i knew you guys would be discussing this..but dam this is something i wasn't expecting..RIP innocent ones =[

Manic! 07-23-2011 05:09 PM

Facebook of the attacker.

http://i.imgur.com/xU3ss.jpg

dboy 07-23-2011 05:11 PM

sickens me

Bonjour43MA 07-23-2011 05:14 PM

It's a little scary that he seems like a typical guy, enjoying things and take interest in things that many of us do... yet he somehow became radical in how he voices/acts out his ideology in the most extreme way possible.

Disturbing.

twitchyzero 07-24-2011 10:47 AM

okay i guess i've been living under the rock and didn't hear about this news until last night

this is very disturbing news. I was also surprised that Norway would be attacked in a terrorist attack..if they were involved in Afghanistan then Canada would have the same amount of risk being attacked

but after seeing the story on the youth camp it looks like it's not that case.

The_AK 07-24-2011 02:29 PM

Disturbing is the most appropriate word for this situation.
Posted via RS Mobile

StylinRed 07-25-2011 06:03 AM

supposedly he made a video that got on youtube but keeps getting removed now

even from dailymotion and vimeo

so i dont know how long this one will last

but you can google "knights templar 2083"

its basically a anti-muslim video / h8 on europe as its turning commie

minoru_tanaka 07-25-2011 06:53 AM

Christian Fundamentalist.

7seven 07-25-2011 07:12 AM

Death toll lowered

Quote:

News1130radio News1130
BREAKING NEWS... Police in Norway revise the death toll. The total number of dead is now 76, NOT 93.

Ferra 07-25-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 7521294)
It's a fucken joke it's not plastered all over CNN right now. Come on 80 fricken people murdered by one person at a youth camp and there is nothing because it's "only" in Norway which doesn't matter to CNN.

They dont' want to give him the attention he wanted. Reasons why they are censoring all his messages.

If other manics see this guy got his message across by killing 80 people, many will follow suit.
Nothing will hurt these people more than not acknowledging them or their messages at all.

StylinRed 07-25-2011 08:15 AM

he's now claiming to have 2 cells working with him (he originally said it was just him)

BBC News - Norway: Anders Behring Breivik claims 'two more cells'

and live coverage http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14274908

haha13 07-25-2011 11:32 AM

anyone have a photo of him in a wetsuit holding a gun?

TRDood 07-25-2011 11:40 AM

News 1130 reported this morning that he is pleaded not guilty in court. Wtffffff?
Posted via RS Mobile

quasi 07-25-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 7523557)
News 1130 reported this morning that he is pleaded not guilty in court. Wtffffff?
Posted via RS Mobile

He obv wants as much press as possible. If he pleads guilty he is locked up and fades away. Now he gets to drag it on for years.