REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Tailored by Stanceworks ~ Aug 6th (https://www.revscene.net/forums/650213-tailored-stanceworks-%7E-aug-6th.html)

felixy69 07-25-2011 09:05 PM

Like dat

1.s300ae
2. k3lv
3. felixy69

hk20000 07-26-2011 06:54 AM

Like dat

1.s300ae
2. k3lv
3. felixy69
4. hk20000

JordanLee 07-27-2011 09:46 AM

I'll be heading down but will probably roll in with some other friends down there. Might cruise down with you guys

1.s300ae
2. k3lv
3. felixy69
4. hk20000
5. Jordan

Got new coils so I can afford to go lower then this. With my Koni set up it was bottoming out my camber kits to the shock towers.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5264/...62ed2d0f_b.jpg

EndLeSS8 07-27-2011 01:29 PM

I'm thinking of going, but how do you guys get over speedbumps over the border? I haven't crossed the border since getting my kit. I usually go at truck crossing, Peace arch has even higher speedbumps

My exhaust scraped over the speedbumps before getting the kit, and now my kit is even lower than the exhaust.

tiger_handheld 07-27-2011 03:20 PM

i wonder how the organizers are funding this event with $5 entrance fees and no registration fees for show cars ... DTP could learn a thing or two about throwing an event together from these folk....

Just goes to show that low fees and no registration fees are possible

s300ae 07-27-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 (Post 7526222)
I'm thinking of going, but how do you guys get over speedbumps over the border? I haven't crossed the border since getting my kit. I usually go at truck crossing, Peace arch has even higher speedbumps

My exhaust scraped over the speedbumps before getting the kit, and now my kit is even lower than the exhaust.

I was pretty dumped last time I crossed truck crossing and didn't have issues. Take it slow and on an angle. There are far worse bumps and driveways around the lower mainland.
Posted via RS Mobile

RCubed 07-27-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s300ae (Post 7526477)
I was pretty dumped last time I crossed truck crossing and didn't have issues. Take it slow and on an angle. There are far worse bumps and driveways around the lower mainland.
Posted via RS Mobile

i should stick a trollface sticker on my rear bumper and take the speedbumps straight and at speed in front of you guys ;)

JordanLee 07-27-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 7526347)
i wonder how the organizers are funding this event with $5 entrance fees and no registration fees for show cars ... DTP could learn a thing or two about throwing an event together from these folk....

Just goes to show that low fees and no registration fees are possible

It's 5$ a person and another 5$ if you own a car since you'll be parking at their venue. If you're deemed worthy I guess, you get sent to the actual show lot. So they're essentially getting 5$ for every car and body that goes. But you're definetly right, MUCH better then paying $20+. Even Formula D was like 21$ and that was way worth it.

I'm not bashing DTP or anything but if Stancewars can host a crazy show in an undercover university parking lot (for 10$) and Tailored for $5. That sure is an eye opener.

s300ae 07-27-2011 05:59 PM

location posted

1exotic 07-27-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanLee (Post 7525917)
I'll be heading down but will probably roll in with some other friends down there. Might cruise down with you guys

1.s300ae
2. k3lv
3. felixy69
4. hk20000
5. Jordan

Got new coils so I can afford to go lower then this. With my Koni set up it was bottoming out my camber kits to the shock towers.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5264/...62ed2d0f_b.jpg

why exactly would you park your car on East Hastings where all the junkies are?!

vdub604 07-27-2011 07:42 PM

if i can get my lip to be ready by then, i'll slam my car all the way down and go = )

EndLeSS8 07-27-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s300ae (Post 7526477)
Posted via RS Mobile

Vancouver is worse, and I'm not doubting you, but I'm talking about those bumps on the way back to Vancouver from the USA.

It's strictly 1 lane (concrete curbs on both sides) and there isn't enough room to take it at an angle as it fits only 1 car. There are 2 speedbumps and both of them are small but quite tall, probably about 6 inches high. The lowest part of my car is less than 4 inches off the ground.

JordanLee 07-28-2011 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1exotic (Post 7526642)
why exactly would you park your car on East Hastings where all the junkies are?!

What do you mean? Can't remember the last time I parked on East Hastings.

hk20000 07-28-2011 12:36 AM

$5 for entry $5 for parking. So don't show up with $5 USD and act a fool....Unless you are riding shotgun in someone else's car.

s300ae 07-28-2011 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndLeSS8 (Post 7526860)
Vancouver is worse, and I'm not doubting you, but I'm talking about those bumps on the way back to Vancouver from the USA.

It's strictly 1 lane (concrete curbs on both sides) and there isn't enough room to take it at an angle as it fits only 1 car. There are 2 speedbumps and both of them are small but quite tall, probably about 6 inches high. The lowest part of my car is less than 4 inches off the ground.

You talking about peace arch? I don't take that crossing since I live in cloverdale. Pacific ftw. Only one bump once crossed over. Plenty of room to take it sideways.
Posted via RS Mobile

YaKuZa_GS 07-28-2011 01:50 PM

I'll be heading down with you guys but there's no fucking way I'm taking Peace Arch. I get screwed EVERY time I go there. If its not the speed bumps its the customs officers. Last time I was still in line (not even at the booth) and the guys walking around with the dogs asked me to open my trunk. The dog didn't give any signs or anything it was just a "Random search". The dog hops in my back seat and trunk which he had trouble getting in and scratched up my rear bumper. It was total stereotypical bullshit. So I definitely feel more comfortable rolling with a crew.

1. s300ae
2. k3lv
3. felixy69
4. hk20000
5. Jordan
6. YaKuZa_GS

boostfever 07-28-2011 02:24 PM

^+1

peace arch officers are douchebags. both canadian and u.s. side. i was pulled in the building coming back to canada couple years and my car was searched thoroughly for no reason, they even checked my cell phone and browsed my call history. fuck those guys. never passed though there since then, and have had no probs whatsoever at the truck crossing.

YaKuZa_GS 07-28-2011 03:19 PM

^ Word. I remember coming back into Canada at peace arch and my vehicle was searched for over 3 hours. They also took my cell phone so I couldn't even tell my wife I was coming home late. I even heard my phone ring like 20 times and they wouldn't even give me the courtesy of answering it.

s300ae 07-28-2011 06:11 PM

^^ no worries. we'll stick to pacific. just stay off the far right lane, it has a lone speed bump right before the booths.

to the guys that cruised to stance wars with me in july, speedline has finished their video
my car at 1:21 min mark :D

anywho, im going to look up the wait times this saturday and base our leaving time for the 6th. if its an hour listed wait (essentially its longer than that) then we will have to meet and leave a bit earlier.

theres another group of guys that Yakuza and I want to meet up with in seattle and head down further with us. Its completely optional and depends on how much time we have. It will be a group decision because I wouldnt want to split anyone up.

If anyone has walkie talkies, please bring them. Once we have 5+ cars, it will be hard to stay together especially in traffic/lights.

YaKuZa_GS 07-28-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s300ae (Post 7527898)
im going to look up the wait times this saturday and base our leaving time for the 6th. if its an hour listed wait (essentially its longer than that) then we will have to meet and leave a bit earlier.

:duh: I think maybe we should leave Campbell River Store @ 10am instead.

1exotic 07-28-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanLee (Post 7527025)
What do you mean? Can't remember the last time I parked on East Hastings.

well there must be another white teg with exactly the same rims and everything... literally identical. Spotted a couple days ago.

1exotic 07-28-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boostfever (Post 7527645)
^+1

peace arch officers are douchebags. both canadian and u.s. side. i was pulled in the building coming back to canada couple years and my car was searched thoroughly for no reason, they even checked my cell phone and browsed my call history. fuck those guys. never passed though there since then, and have had no probs whatsoever at the truck crossing.

what the fuck are they even allowed to check your phone?
isn't that private? I would've been pissed.

boostfever 07-28-2011 08:05 PM

^i dunno bro. what am i gonna tell the officer? "sir, you can't have my phone?"

that only makes the situation worse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS (Post 7527948)
:duh: I think maybe we should leave Campbell River Store @ 10am instead.

just a heads up, a group of us skyline guys went down to the formula drift event this saturday and meet up at the campbell river store at 9 sharp. the wait time was 50 mins, total pain in the ass especially driving manual cars.

s300ae 07-28-2011 08:09 PM

I hear ya guys. I've havent gone down on a Saturday in awhile so I think going a bit earlier would be wise.
Posted via RS Mobile

s300ae 07-29-2011 10:27 PM

leave time and info updated due to busy saturday wait times