REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   MB reveals C63-C AMG Black Edition (https://www.revscene.net/forums/650501-mb-reveals-c63-c-amg-black-edition.html)

ShyGuy 07-27-2011 02:24 PM

That's hot...it's not just any auto tranny. Should be mercedes new dual clutch MCT tranny.

Qmx323 07-27-2011 02:30 PM

Ohoohohoohohohoohoho yeeeeeaaaahhhh :fullofwin:

twitchyzero 07-27-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192 (Post 7525788)
The headlights are starting to look too similar to BMW, the hood looks like its taken from a M3, the fenders from a RX-8, the rear end on all the new models is really boring, ...

how else would you design it if you want it to look aggressive? Can't blame them for making a final product that somewhat resembles its competitor. I hated the rear of the C and E class intially because it looks like a cheap korean...but now I dont mind 'em.

Culverin 07-27-2011 04:19 PM

i'm getting chills at how beastly it sounds.

I love everything about it except that last little upturn on the tail. It's so pointless and kills the downturned lines.

Redlines_Daily 07-27-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapioca (Post 7526277)
At the risk of high-jacking this thread...

Manual paddle shifters are redundant if the transmission can "read my mind" and have the car in the exact gear it needs to be in at all times. Half the pleasure of driving a car with sporting pretensions is having a 3rd pedal in my humble opinion.

A car like this should never be a daily driver. It should only be used on open roads where you can really take advantage of its capabilities. And if you're on the open road, you should really have a manual transmission. Rowing through gears and using your left leg is far more fun than flipping paddles a la Gran Turismo.

A 500hp car with fixed bucket's, no rear seats and a giant wing on the back..pretty sure this car is intended for track use not as a daily driver.

Manual gear box on an enthusiast road car will always be preferred because its more fun, but when you're racing, you want the fastest, most efficient, least intrusive way possible which is these modern paddle shifters.

You guys should understand that the buyers of cars like this probably have other cars they use for fun on public roads. Don't be surprised when all the 'DTM/CSL' type cars go for paddle shifters in the future.

Onassis 07-27-2011 05:53 PM

Track package looks a little ricey but standard package looks damn sexy.

PiuYi 07-27-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Manual paddle shifters are redundant if the transmission can "read my mind" and have the car in the exact gear it needs to be in at all times. Half the pleasure of driving a car with sporting pretensions is having a 3rd pedal in my humble opinion.

A car like this should never be a daily driver. It should only be used on open roads where you can really take advantage of its capabilities. And if you're on the open road, you should really have a manual transmission. Rowing through gears and using your left leg is far more fun than flipping paddles a la Gran Turismo.

while i agree with you, the sad truth is that supercars nowadays are designed purely for speed, fun is secondary

taylor192 07-27-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiuYi (Post 7526575)
while i agree with you, the sad truth is that supercars nowadays are designed purely for speed, fun is secondary

I agree that manuals are more fun, yet for many fun is taking the car to its limits, and these transmissions can do that better than any manual. F1 cars are paddle shifted, and I bet they are a lot of fun to drive! :D

CorneringArtist 07-27-2011 10:35 PM

Looks and sounds like an awesome car, and I usually am only a fan of the MB sedans. I'd love to see this thing in actual black though.

http://i.imgur.com/5IGQa.jpg

Supafly 07-28-2011 06:18 AM

Quote:

But, as with all mercedes vehicles aside from their ancient entry level sedans and military trucks....they have been only making auto-slushboxes for every vehicle manufactured...<---- this was my initial point.:)

hk20000 07-28-2011 07:06 AM

I find the 5 speed auto in my C36 adequately reading my mind every time except during a the start of a rolling drag race... LOL

death_blossom 07-28-2011 09:16 AM

drooooooooooooooooool.

TheMatty 07-28-2011 10:18 AM

i dont even like mercedes that much, but this gave me a car boner

Bahhbeehhaaaa 07-28-2011 11:14 AM

mm is it just me? i like the last version C63 and also with that price, i rather buy an M5. But still the black addition is 2 fast 2 furious