REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 08-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
I STILL don't get it

First date

Alright RS crew, i need thy advice!

I'm taking a girl out on our first date and I really want to make a good impression! I like her a lot and don't want to F this up!! Where are some good places I can take her and fun things to do around town? So far I can only think of

1). Bike around seawall
2). Drive in cinema
3). Just sit at the beach and talk, with some drinks

Any good restaurants? Nothing fancy, casual is better!!

Any suggestions is much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!!!

leilomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:56 AM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Pne
Old 08-03-2011, 02:19 AM   #3
I don't get it

day dates are a great idea. especially since the weather has been great recently.

bike/rollerblade around the seawall
picnic
aquarium is a good place too imo if she hasn't been in a long time
outdoor movies - i think it's free too!
NiceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:19 AM   #4
I don't get it

forgot to add mini-golf
Old 08-03-2011, 04:59 AM   #5
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Do you know this girl well? It makes a big difference.

I would suggest for a first date if you don't know here well that there's a reason why coffee is popular. Most girls don't like to be stuck in a car with someone they don't know well, or drinking much.

I like silly first dates because I think it often breaks down barriers fast. Bowling then dinner, a goofy movie then coffee, if the weather's nice I've done paintball for first dates too (Though you have to make sure your partner is on board cause pain and bruises).

If you know her well already, I totally suggest the drive in as it both great and cause you're in your car you can talk as much as you like during the movie with out worry of disturbing anyone and they play 3 movies a night (seriously you can be there till 3-4 am if you're up for staying up that late).
Old 08-03-2011, 05:08 AM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Coffee. Cheap, simple, fast. Your first date should be 2.5 hours tops. If you like this girl, you have all the time in the world for future dates.

If you go in too fast, you're out just as fast.
Posted via RS Mobile
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2011, 07:21 AM   #7
RS controls my life!

Tandem biking! I don't know how to ride a bike so when my boyfriend took me I was super excited, and it was super fun! Good conversation happens on the bike too, you can hear each other perfectly and not have to attempt to keep pace with one another like on separate bikes =]

gogogogo!
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\---
xmisstrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #8
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGirl View Post
forgot to add mini-golf
where is there mini golf? The only places I know are Playland and Castle Fun Park in Abby(Abby is just too far to go for mini golf)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmisstrinh View Post
Tandem biking! I don't know how to ride a bike so when my boyfriend took me I was super excited, and it was super fun! Good conversation happens on the bike too, you can hear each other perfectly and not have to attempt to keep pace with one another like on separate bikes =]

gogogogo!
Make sure to rent from Robson Bicycle (Robson @ Cardero). It's 12.50/hr with 2 hr min. If you have student ID then you get 20% off. We biked for about 3.5hrs and worked out to $21 incl. tax.

I'd avoid #3. Sitting at the beach and talking is good if you guys know each other well. First dates usually need an activity to prevent dead air and those awkward moments.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #9
How I Mod your mother

Ah, I remember my first date

You dont necessarily need to know each other well to have a good time, when I took my gf out on our first date we really didnt know anything about each other but we never had any awkward/silent moments.

Seriously all we did was had a late dinner then went somewhere to just sit and chat and it was alot of fun.

I guess it depends on what kind of girl she is though, if shes a little on the shy side and you guys dont know each other well, mini golf would be a good idea. It'll make her feel a little more relaxed than sitting there one on one making her think she HAS to say something.
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,822 Times in 2,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
where is there mini golf? The only places I know are Playland and Castle Fun Park in Abby(Abby is just too far to go for mini golf)..
musqueum driving range/executive golf course by dunbar/marine in vancouver west has a dinky little outdoor one that i see ppl actually play on

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #11
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Good luck, my brother.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #12
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
all i suggest is don't take her out too fancy on the first date, some girls are crazy and will just expect more and more!

i think for my first date like 4 years ago, i took her to the park and had some dinner
Old 08-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #13
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
drive in movie and pull it out =]

for reals tho i wouldnt go to the beach unless you love to talk, PNE is good, aquarium, under the stars in Stanley park is good if its still going on
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #14
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.Rossi View Post
Coffee. Cheap, simple, fast. Your first date should be 2.5 hours tops. If you like this girl, you have all the time in the world for future dates.

If you go in too fast, you're out just as fast.
Posted via RS Mobile
I agree with v.Rossi here, but I personally would have a time limit of about 1 hour. I'd make her wanting more even if it means choosing to end a little early because it shows you have something to do later and are not a wimp but that's something I would do.

I can only offer you my advice so I advise you to take her to a coffee shop. It shows that you are interesting if you can maintain an interesting conversation. It also allows for you to have different opportunities such as walking outside etc.

I would also suggest you paying for the drink/meal because it would make the date a date unless she tells you she tells you otherwise.

Finally I would like to address one matter that irritates me, you can take it or leave it. If you are going to have dinner with her please Please PLEASE TRY NOT TO WHIP OUT YOUR PHONE UNLESS IT'S AN EMERGENCY. IT IS VERY RUDE. People these days cannot live without checking their phone(s) every two minutes. You cut the connection as soon as you check your text or call someone--it just kills the mood.

As always, just make up your own mind.
Lamboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamboda View Post
I agree with v.Rossi here, but I personally would have a time limit of about 1 hour. I'd make her wanting more even if it means choosing to end a little early because it shows you have something to do later and are not a wimp but that's something I would do.

I can only offer you my advice so I advise you to take her to a coffee shop. It shows that you are interesting if you can maintain an interesting conversation. It also allows for you to have different opportunities such as walking outside etc.

I would also suggest you paying for the drink/meal because it would make the date a date unless she tells you she tells you otherwise.

Finally I would like to address one matter that irritates me, you can take it or leave it. If you are going to have dinner with her please Please PLEASE TRY NOT TO WHIP OUT YOUR PHONE UNLESS IT'S AN EMERGENCY. IT IS VERY RUDE. People these days cannot live without checking their phone(s) every two minutes. You cut the connection as soon as you check your text or call someone--it just kills the mood.

yes bingo. alot of people lack some basic manners. I have a berry, and if its not in my pocket, i leave it facedown on the table on silent.

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #16
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

anything but a movie.

lets go somewhere where we can sit in the dark and not talk.

not the best idea unless you plan on getting a Handy-J
Old 08-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #17
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
Eagle Quest in Coquitlam Coquitlam - Mini Golf

It's outdoor too, so don't go too late. When I went with my friends I remember it not being that well lit.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #18
Banned (ABWS)

Aquarium in my opinion. PNE is also great since they're some rides that might be scary for her. Date has to go accordingly to weather. If it's too hot, then don't do much outside. If it's sunny but warm, head for Stanley park, go for a bike ride and a picnic. Don't aim so high for a first date though, take it easy and slowly since you want to keep it interesting. If you are going all out on the first date, you will have to keep rolling that way, sort of an expectation but enjoy yourself.

Oh, just thought of something fun. Rock Climbing.
ConCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #19
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
castle fun theme park is always a good idea

takes a bit to get there...but its always worth it!
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #20
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceGirl View Post
Eagle Quest in Coquitlam Coquitlam - Mini Golf

It's outdoor too, so don't go too late. When I went with my friends I remember it not being that well lit.

Giggle Ridge mini golf by Cultus Lake too. Also outdoor though.
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #21
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

walk/bike around the beach
have some drinks and food at a casual restaurant
and a dessert place
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:49 AM   #22
I STILL don't get it

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!!...I think I'll end up taking her bike riding around the seawall, dinner and drinks somewhere, and then hopefully back to her place for a movie!!! Any good suggestions for a good dining experience dt?
leilomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #23
無敵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamboda View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
yes bingo. alot of people lack some basic manners. I have a berry, and if its not in my pocket, i leave it facedown on the table on silent.
Yes please don't be fidgeting with your phone all the time, some guys keep doing it while waiting for food to come, movies to start, etc. It's pretty rude and annoying since they can't seem to carry a conversation or anything while being completely distracted by texting, surfing, or gaming.

muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:16 AM   #24
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Don't constantly check your phone. If you must check, do it at a bathroom break or something.

I'd recommend against the movie. It might be "easy" but it definitely won't go towards building chemistry. It's not exciting, intriguing or attractive, it's not going to build up chemistry between the two of you.

Do something interactive to take the edge off so you don't have to talk. Mini golf or a walk, or window shopping is a good idea. You'll always have objective related topic to discuss as a fallback, but you're in constant contact so you can talk more if you're into each other.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #25
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyComplex View Post
Yes please don't be fidgeting with your phone all the time, some guys keep doing it while waiting for food to come, movies to start, etc. It's pretty rude and annoying since they can't seem to carry a conversation or anything while being completely distracted by texting, surfing, or gaming.
Some women are just as guilty of this, if not more
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote