REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Dining on Groupons (https://www.revscene.net/forums/650909-dining-groupons.html)

xmisstrinh 08-03-2011 07:29 AM

Dining on Groupons

Where have you dined using Groupons/living social/ team buy etc etc?

How was the experience and would you return to that place paying full price?

tiger_handheld 08-03-2011 07:46 AM

R T L .
service was meh
food was ok
would not return to pay full price

SumAznGuy 08-03-2011 08:45 AM

Rock Scissors.
Food was barely ok. Service is not that good. Didn't bother going back to use the other deals I had.

Phat Deli
Didn't get to try the food because the manager was an assphat and made a big deal that my wife bought 2 of them and we tried to use them on the last day. For some reason, they made a big deal that the 2 groupons had her name on it and obviously I am not her and they did not want to honour it and he made some comments about how we were using it on the last day just like the couple that was in front of us and the couple that was behind us.

xmisstrinh 08-03-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 7533042)
Rock Scissors.
Food was barely ok. Service is not that good. Didn't bother going back to use the other deals I had.

Phat Deli
Didn't get to try the food because the manager was an assphat and made a big deal that my wife bought 2 of them and we tried to use them on the last day. For some reason, they made a big deal that the 2 groupons had her name on it and obviously I am not her and they did not want to honour it and he made some comments about how we were using it on the last day just like the couple that was in front of us and the couple that was behind us.

wow :S that sounds like a whole bunch of bullshit.... i hope you contacted groupon for a refund :S

SumAznGuy 08-03-2011 08:59 AM

The manager gave us our money back.

tiger_handheld 08-03-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmisstrinh (Post 7533044)
wow :S that sounds like a whole bunch of bullshit.... i hope you contacted groupon for a refund :S

should've talked to the owner, he's all about customer service. i don't have his name but he's a short,stubby,Italian guy, always wearing a hat cuz he's balding..

InvisibleSoul 08-03-2011 12:06 PM

I've used many group buy vouchers, and haven't had any real bad experiences.

I bought a bunch for Paper Rock, but after reading the horrendous experiences people had, got them refunded.

SumAznGuy 08-03-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 7533212)
should've talked to the owner, he's all about customer service. i don't have his name but he's a short,stubby,Italian guy, always wearing a hat cuz he's balding..

On the site, his wife posted and said we could buy multiples and use them for other people.

I thought it was the manager we were dealing with. He was a shorter fatter slightly balding guy. The guy behind the counter said he was the manager and said the owner told them not to accept the vouchers unless the name on it was the same as the person buying, and only one voucher per visit.

And yes, it was Rock paper, not Rock Scissor.

unit 08-03-2011 01:59 PM

just looked at PHAT's site.
the food looks boring as hell.

hamsup 08-05-2011 08:56 AM

I used my groupon for la belle patate.. i bought 3 of them.. would definately buy again the next time i see it !!!!!! best poutine and montreal smoke meat sandwiches !!!

Spoon 08-05-2011 10:09 AM

Used one for Joyeux Cafe and Nando's Chicken. It's maybe one step up from self-serve as opposed to a restaurant, but everything was good and I'd buy it again if it was available.

Also used it for brunch at Hart House. Great service and they even gave us a coupon for complimentary desserts if we came back for dinner.

tiger_handheld 08-05-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 7535544)
Used one for Joyeux Cafe and Nando's Chicken. It's maybe one step up from self-serve as opposed to a restaurant, but everything was good and I'd buy it again if it was available.

Also used it for brunch at Hart House. Great service and they even gave us a coupon for complimentary desserts if we came back for dinner.

that is smart marketing..

dignatas 08-05-2011 09:18 PM

Read my review on paper rock on dinehere.com. The review that had to wait to long and I called the waitress aka the "mom" a bitch. I stilll have 3 more somewhere but too lazy to get it refunded. Fucking never buying food from groupons shit again! Except beard papas LOL
Posted via RS Mobile

Jermyzy 08-06-2011 09:48 AM

I've used groupon at Mandalay steakhouse in Steveston and Tramonto at River Rock. Both good experiences, would consider going back at regular price.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time! 08-06-2011 10:48 PM

used one for bistro pastis, great service and food was quite yummy, would return at full price for special occasions, not baller enough to go regularly