REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #1
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
2011-2012 ICE604/ASHL/COAST/VACHL Talk

i'll be playing bottom tier in ice604, first game of the season is on the 12th

Is it normal for our team to have 25 players?
Advertisement
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Usually, no. Most of the time, a team will have 13-15 active skaters and a couple of spares in case of injury or not being able to play. But 25 seems like quite a few subs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Going into VACHL, evaluation next Wed, my first ice hockey season ever. I wonder what to expect from that league?
RAYClovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

I'm playing Ice604 too, in tier 10 I think. Still don't know the team name yet though... I think I'm on the same team as sumaznguy
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Hey guys, I mentioned this promo in my other thread. But I should repeat it here as its quite relevent. Make sure you guys take advantage of this for your teams. There is A LOT of valuable coupons that you get when signing up.

The other promotion that I would like to introduce you guys to is "Team Assist"
I know many of you guys on Revscene play hockey on an adult league.
Here is a chance to get some discounts + kick backs for your team.

How It Works

Each team receives 30 member cards; keep your card with you everytime you shop at Sport Chek.
Every card comes with 5 coupons, saving you even more when you shop individually.
When the program ends on January 31st, 2012, your team receives a Sport Chek gift card loaded with 5% of the team’s total spend up to a maximum of $500.00
The more you shop, the more you save!

Plus, when you join you’ll have exclusive access to SportChek insider info, like offers and promotions for even more savings.

Every card comes with the following five offers, saving you even more when you shop individually:
Save $10 on minimum $50 purchase
Take 20% off any single item
Take 25% off footwear and apparel excluding items already marked down OR Take 10% off footwear and apparel on already reduced items.
Four free skate sharpenings
Your choice of one Tech Shop service(1 racquet stringing or 1 minor ski or board tune-up or wax or 1 minor bike tune-up)

Any questions feel free to PM me.
Posted via RS Mobile
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
i'll be playing bottom tier in ice604, first game of the season is on the 12th

Is it normal for our team to have 25 players?
25 is normal. Just remember maybe like 2-4 of those players will probably only attend one game the wholenseason. Like someone said earlier. 13 or 15 guys make up ur fulltime
Roster and if one of those guys cant make it. One of those 10 guys who r subs will fill in the remaining spots
Posted via RS Mobile
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING FOR A "BEGINNER" GOALIE TO PLAY IN A LOW TIER, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Im really wanting to play, but dont know where goalies can look for a team. Aside from drop-in.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #8
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
wth... 25? you are playing on sue anns team? if it's anything like roller, you will probably have 4-5 lines lol... should never have anymore than 15 players playing any given game. you will literally get NO playing time...
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
how will 25 players fit in the room.... on the bench? lol
Jgresch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #10
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
wth... 25? you are playing on sue anns team? if it's anything like roller, you will probably have 4-5 lines lol... should never have anymore than 15 players playing any given game. you will literally get NO playing time...
lol yes it's sue-ann's team
we had practice/drills a couple days ago and there were 30 people who attended..there were like 16 people in our room and there was pretty much no space to change. I dunno, apparently a lot of people drop out as the season progresses though

i'll see how the first few games go, hopefully there's not gonna be a lot of favouritism this year
Old 09-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #11
RS Veteran

Quote:
lol yes it's sue-ann's team
we had practice/drills a couple days ago and there were 30 people who attended..there were like 16 people in our room and there was pretty much no space to change. I dunno, apparently a lot of people drop out as the season progresses though

i'll see how the first few games go, hopefully there's not gonna be a lot of favouritism this year
if you are smart, you would be one of those who drop out
Old 09-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #12
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

sue-anns warcries from the bench will forever haunt me
True.True is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

anyone know what the skill level is for Duffer's compared to Ice604?

I know ice604 is probably one of the lowest for skill level, but looking at mid level tiers.
strike66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:48 PM   #14
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Does nobody have experience with VACHL? I know it's probably the lowest of the lowest in skill level, but still. Also, is it hard to find a team at appropriate tier at leagues like Ice604/ASHL as a single player?
RAYClovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #15
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike66 View Post
anyone know what the skill level is for Duffer's compared to Ice604?

I know ice604 is probably one of the lowest for skill level, but looking at mid level tiers.
duffers is much better... div 1 in duffers is similar to div.... 3 in ashl, whereas div 1 in ice604 is probably div.... 5 or lower even, in ashl.... duffers has great ice as well..
Old 09-03-2011, 12:01 AM   #16
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
duffers is much better... div 1 in duffers is similar to div.... 3 in ashl, whereas div 1 in ice604 is probably div.... 5 or lower even, in ashl.... duffers has great ice as well..
thanks for the info, i'm thinking about registering as an individual for duffers, but the cost may be too high to play on 2 teams this season. If I'm thinking a middle tier for ice604 would be appropriate, i guess going to one of the bottom 2 tiers in duffers would make most sense..
strike66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #17
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Any lower tier in Coast looking for players? Me and a buddy really wanna join and the coordinator asked us to look for the team managers and ask if they need players...
alanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #18
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

ASHL wknd league, Div D1

Quote:
Played Div 1 ICE604 for 2 winters a few yrs ago, I don't think it is remotely close to div 5 ASHL. I think it's more like Div 5 Coast. Unless Div 1 got extremely talented, but from what a couple old teammates told me, it's about the same for the past 2-3 yrs except the bottom teams are better now. And for the record, I was in top 5 scoring on my team and besides the other 4 guys who played rep hockey before, I'm a pretty average ice player.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:20 AM   #19
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
ASHL wknd league, Div D1

Played Div 1 ICE604 for 2 winters a few yrs ago, I don't think it is remotely close to div 5 ASHL. I think it's more like Div 5 Coast. Unless Div 1 got extremely talented, but from what a couple old teammates told me, it's about the same for the past 2-3 yrs except the bottom teams are better now. And for the record, I was in top 5 scoring on my team and besides the other 4 guys who played rep hockey before, I'm a pretty average ice player.
i haven't played anything lower than div 2 in ashl, so i only assumed it was similar to coast rankings... there are always average players that rack up the 2nd assists from the top players on the team
Old 09-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #20

^^^ In Coast...when it comes to Div 1 and Div 2, its very comparable to the level of competitiveness; mix the teams in the division up, they'll be fine. Only difference between Div 1 and Div 2 is how long the team has been playing together (from what I have seen).

However....you go from Div 2 to Div 3......HUGE gap in skill level difference.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #21
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Posted via RS Mobile
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Posted via RS Mobile

My thoughts exactly....good point!!
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:26 PM   #23
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
lol how come people tend to leave blank posts when using RS mobile? Never happens on my phone
Old 09-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #24
Big Drama Show

Quote:
so will the bottom tiers in ice604 be packed with nubs? when i signed up for zinc 2 in vihl i thought the playing level was gonna be a lot easier lawl
Old 09-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #25
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
so will the bottom tiers in ice604 be packed with nubs? when i signed up for zinc 2 in vihl i thought the playing level was gonna be a lot easier lawl
A lot of decent teams will sandbag it. But we are talking about 1 or 2 really good players while the rest of the team will be pretty much noobs.
Quite similar to what our levels were like for RS Epic Hockey night 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: