REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
I don't get it

12 suspension for breaching MVA 25(15)

My girl got pulled over and got 2 tickets for MVA 25(15) for 109$ and a 12 hour suspension. I was wondering what could she expect from it? She has a clean record for over 9 years. She had 1 drink since it was her 30th b day n made the mistake to drive. I just wonder how come she got 2 offenses of driving contrary to restrictions MVA 25(15) ? Both for 109$. Anyone knows what to expect? Thx in advance
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
bloodline129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
I bringith the lowerballerith

Ask her what they were for. We can only guess as to what they might be for... 1 was possibly for alcohol in her system, the other could be for too many passengers, or not displaying her N sign. Only she and the issuing officer know what they'd be for.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
I don't get it

Well they gave her a 12 hour n her dad picked up the car so I'm guessing cause the drink. ][/size]

Last edited by bloodline129; 09-11-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
I don't get it

Ahe says that she's not sure what the tickets are for besides the officer telling her she got lucky this time and explained her how much worst could it be. My question here is what could she expect from it? She won't have to install the device will she? Is Icbc going to suspend her for longer period? Thx guys
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #5

First off, you might want to take down the photo seeing as it has her name, DOB, address, DL # and veh info...

As for suspensions from the MVB, they may give a 3 month suspension for the 2 counts and a 12hr suspension from alcohol?

*EDIT* not likely to have to install an interlock device.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
MVA 25(15) is Drive contrary to restriction (e.g., not wearing corrective lenses)

or

Drive contrary to restriction (new driver usuing electronic device while driving)

so shes pretty lucky to NOT be dinged for having alcohol.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #7
I don't get it

Ye she got 12 hour suspension and sober driver (dad) picked the car up n drove them home. I just wonder what those 2 counts are she got ticketed for. She has an N displayed. She had 2 people in the van but 1 was 30+ also with N. One was 23. That might be 1 count?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #8

Yes, in order to have more than 1 passenger, she would have needed a class 5 driver over the age of 25 as a supervisor. And that person would have needed to be sober (ex. being a New Driver with a car full of drunks, but one of those drunks is over 25 and has a class 5 doesn't cut it).
Old 09-04-2011, 11:40 AM   #9

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
1 charge was too many passengers (Contrary to Restrictions).

You need to be 25+ with a Class 5.

The other is most likely having alcohol in her system.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #10
I don't get it

Well one wasn't drinkin he's
23n got no license. My girl n best
Friend had 1 Malibu drink n did the mistake to drive.

Most likely consequence will be? 3months? She has a 10 year clean record so I hope it won't be 2 serious
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #11
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodline129 View Post
Well one wasn't drinkin he's
23n got no license. My girl n best
Friend had 1 Malibu drink n did the mistake to drive.

Most likely consequence will be? 3months? She has a 10 year clean record so I hope it won't be 2 serious
Posted via RS Mobile
I don't want to be rude here but what is wrong with you guys?

1 - How does your girlfriend receive a ticket with 2 infractions and fines and not have the slightest clue what they're for?????? This is the first time I've ever heard of someone come home and say "Yah I got a ticket but I don't know what for."

2 - How do you guys not know the rules and restrictions you have on your licenses?? ie: Amount of passengers, amount of alcohol allotted, whether you're required to wear glasses or other lenses, etc...

Seems pretty irresponsible to me...Regardless, most of your questions have been answered already to the best of people's ability. It's impossible for anyone of us to tell you EXACTLY what she got a ticket for that night just by looking at the violation code. Only your girlfriend and the officer who issues the ticket would know EXACTLY what went out that night.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #12
I don't get it

Well trust me dude I'm as mad as stunned myself that she doesn't know. All she told me was that she got pulled over and breathalyzed and got a 12 with option someone getting the car. Then they wrote her up te ticket and lectured her how lucky she is. Unfortunately my girlfriend is little loopy if I may say so and didn't follow up to ask te officer about the consequences. She just said ok and listened to the lecture. Anywyas thanks guys for your responses. It is what it is. I just hope she doesn't need to get the device installed cause we don't have that kind of money. Anywyas thx again
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #13
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
She got two VTs for violating 2 different restrictions placed on her N. I for no alcohol (12 hour suspension) one for having too many passengers (the supervisor needs to have an unrestricted DL and the N is restricted). Both of these restrictions are written on the back of her DL. If she does not understand then she should never get behind the wheel of a vehicle until she does. This has been a lesson for her that we all hope she will heed. Had she crashed she would have had no insurance coverage.

Last edited by zulutango; 09-05-2011 at 05:41 AM.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #14
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
I'm surprised that no one asked this yet, but how the heck is she 30 years old, driven for 10 years and still be an N driver and not know the rules like zero alcohol or 1 passenger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #15
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
She got two VTs for violating 2 different restrictions placed on her N. I for no alcohol (12 hour suspension) one for having too many passengers (the supervisor needs to have an unrestricted DL and the N is restricted). Both of these restrictions are written on the back of her DL. If she does not understand then she should never get behind the wheel of a vheicle until she does. This has been a lesson for her that we all hope she will heed. Had she crashed she would have had no insurance coverage.
this

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #16
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I'm surprised that no one asked this yet, but how the heck is she 30 years old, driven for 10 years and still be an N driver and not know the rules like zero alcohol or 1 passenger?
I can close one eye to her being an N driver... I know a few people who don't bother going for their class 5 since they aren't regular drivers. It's probably their own way of restricting their own driving habits/limits? Either that or they know their bad habits and know they themselves are bad drivers.

All that doesn't explain how she didn't know the rules though lol

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #17
I don't get it

She knows the rules. The reason she never went for class 5 is cause she cried on her N and she hyperventilated. Yes guys I agree she isn't the best driver in the world but she never had an accident or tickets. Beside once for parking. Shes a mother if 3 kids and for past 10 years that's been the priority. Guess on her 30th b day she
Made the wrong decision. I just hope Icbc looks at her record and don't totally consider her drunk driver and all that, since she's not. She has a drink like twice a year. Just hope it's not to serious I guess.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #18
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts

Just saying...
Old 09-11-2011, 02:25 AM   #19
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodline129 View Post
Well they gave her a 12 hour n her dad picked up the car so I'm guessing cause the drink. That the picture of it... And if u look carefully under car model and year it says 2016?
Posted via RS Mobile
You do realize that a lot of people on the police forums are criminals and weirdoes?

Why would you post your girl friends full info online like that?

You really need to take down the picture of her traffic ticket before some one gets a Visa/MasterCard with her info, and then orders $10,000 worth of tacos or momo's.

Last edited by PACER; 09-12-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Sanjay_Burnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:11 AM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
pic of ticket violation with her DL#/ full name / full address saved to computer and reuploaded to different image uploader in case my hard drive fails.

prepare your angus.
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #21
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
What's up with your girlfriend not having Facebook??
Old 09-11-2011, 07:07 PM   #22
I don't get it

Cause when I go to my media I cannot find the fkn picture I can't seem to figure out where it is to delete it... Pissin me off fkn imageshack
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay_Burnaby View Post
You do realize that a lot of people on the police forums are criminals and weirdoes?

Why would you post your girl friends full info online like that?

You really need to take down the picture of her traffic ticket before some one gets a Visa/MasterCard with her info, and then orders $10,000 worth of tacos or momo's.
You also do know that qouting his original post allows for people to still see the picture even though he has taken it down right??
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #24
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
You also do know that qouting his original post allows for people to still see the picture even though he has taken it down right??
No, I don't see how that works. Either way, he has managed to fix the problem.
Sanjay_Burnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #25
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF22 View Post
I can close one eye to her being an N driver... I know a few people who don't bother going for their class 5 since they aren't regular drivers. It's probably their own way of restricting their own driving habits/limits? Either that or they know their bad habits and know they themselves are bad drivers.

All that doesn't explain how she didn't know the rules though lol
Not really, the way I see it is N drivers require 2 years of driving experience before they can apply for their class 5. Within those 2 years, people develop bad driving habits or dont drive enough and in turn feel incapable of passing their class 5 test. Which leads them having to renew their N every 2 years and doing so till they either dont renew anymore or get their class 5. This builds up soo much that they feel the N license can always get them by. But in doing this most N drivers do not follow their retriction rules.. IE more than 1 passenger and so on.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote