REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Subaru Tech Resources (https://www.revscene.net/forums/subaru-tech-resources_315/)
-   -   Where to trust? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653046-where-trust.html)

DeeK 09-06-2011 04:29 PM

Where to trust?

Hi guys,

My grandmother is getting screwed around by the subaru dealership here in richmond, for her 92 subaru legacy wagon. It needs some work and the dealership is giving her the run around. I'm not familiar with the subaru scene here. I'm looking for the subaru version shop of something like PG Performance for VW/audi/etc.

Preferably around Richmond, but I'm willing to travel as far as need be to find someone trustworthy that knows their stuff.

Any tips? thanks.

jagan323 03-26-2012 11:29 AM

Hmm, you can try Don Docksteader on Cambie if you want a Subaru dealership. They are way better than richmond subaru. As well if you want some performance shops to take a look, try Garage5 in richmond, or Drivehard.

i_eat_r1ce 04-02-2012 10:15 AM

Kon Auto is a Subaru specialty shop, located on Venables & Clarke (Van).

There are good reviews online & the place is always busy.

jmpell 12-19-2013 07:18 PM

dales alignment in langley.. they deal with a TON of subarus and love working on subarus. look them up.. never heard any thing bad from any other subaru driver thats been there. also customer service is A+

str6nger 01-25-2014 08:38 AM

richmond subaru

just wanna say i been lucky i guess i got my baby from richmond subaru and they were great to me and my dad.

Gazorcoop 01-25-2014 08:47 AM

^ you got lucky. Richmond Subaru is known for horrible customer service.
Posted via RS Mobile

TOS'd 01-25-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagan323 (Post 7864435)
Hmm, you can try Don Docksteader on Cambie if you want a Subaru dealership. They are way better than richmond subaru. As well if you want some performance shops to take a look, try Garage5 in richmond, or Drivehard.

There was also the recently thread about the scratched lip at DD Subaru. But as always, YMMV. Not everyone's experience is the same as each other when dealing with dealerships.
Posted via RS Mobile

Teriyaki 01-25-2014 03:51 PM

My question would be, for a '92 car. Definitely wouldn't bring it to a dealership, any dealership. I'd find a good dependable private mechanic and take it there. Cars back then were not nearly as specialized as they are now, so someone that works on Honda's and Toyota's should be able to find their way around a Subaru no problem. Good luck finding a reputable shop :)

jtanner_ 01-27-2014 11:17 AM

If you're willing to make the trip out to Burnaby I'll vouch for 'The Speed Syndicate'

http://www.thespeedsyndicate.com/wp-...9/tss-logo.png

Check out their website, contact information and address are also there.

Best of luck!

hchang 01-27-2014 12:04 PM

What auto group is richmond Subaru a part of?

I know they're the same company as Kia richmond and Kia vancouver, anybody else?
Posted via RS Mobile

Stealthy 01-27-2014 12:44 PM

For Subaru I would highly recommend taking it to HBL Autosports. Eric/5 Zigen is a great guy and known on NASIOC forums for the great work he does. I believe his independent shop is located on no 5 and bridgeport.

Didn't realize this thread was dated
Posted via RS Mobile

alcoolaid 02-15-2014 12:42 AM

Speed Syndicate!

loadedxxx 03-27-2014 07:00 PM

Richmond Subaru recently went through new management.

It is a much better experience now.

I bought my car there and was impressed with the changes even after previously swearing never to go there again. Look up Google reviews of the place. The reviews months ago were horrible and most recently have completely turned around.

Good luck on your choice.

thumper 10-10-2014 09:29 AM

bumping this back up.

i have a coworker who just moved from ontario with her 05 legacy in tow. she lives in coquitlam and knows absolutely nothing about cars.

she went to crappy tire for an oil change and they screwed her with stuff like changing an air filter for over $50. :nono:

she asked me is there any indie shops in or near the coquitlam (ie. citadel heights) area that she can trust? langley and richmond are too far for her. or maybe somewhere near central city in whalley where we both work during the day.

i think kon's auto is about the farthest she can do but she is hoping for somewhere closer.

StanleyR 10-11-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loadedxxx (Post 8445073)
Richmond Subaru recently went through new management.

It is a much better experience now.

I bought my car there and was impressed with the changes even after previously swearing never to go there again. Look up Google reviews of the place. The reviews months ago were horrible and most recently have completely turned around.

Good luck on your choice.

nice first post...:suspicious:

dashosh 10-21-2014 08:39 AM

Do not ever ever use Richmond Subaru. The worst customer experience ever.

wheel604 03-09-2015 07:23 PM

try TEJ on powel st. they have great service