REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #4851
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
I wouldn't doubt Yugoslavia was one of the most beautiful places in the world considering how much land it encompassed and how beautiful Croatia is alone
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #4852
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
In Kelowna we have 2 main cab companies. Yellow Cabs (all non-english-speaking brown guys), and White Checkmate Cabs. I only take Checkmate Cabs and 80% of their drivers are former eastern europeans. Many of them are from the former Yugoslavia. It is pretty interesting listening to them talk about the war, how things used to be, and those fucking Serbians. Some of the guys get pretty fired up. They all say that Yugoslavia was the most beautiful place in the world prior to the war.

And on a related note, Sid Vicious, just look at Ireland. Massive guerrilla civil war not between people from africa or a lesser country, but in a modern first world country very closely related to England -> Canada.
all started with this dude in ireland
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #4853
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
I think we’ve officially reached that annoying time in the year where it’s sweater weather in the morning, but by midday, if you wear a sweater, you die from heatstroke.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #4854
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
Saw a Meteorite fireball last night around 10:10pm in the sky north west of vancouver in the sky

Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #4855
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
looks like that failed twirk that went viral was a hoax

Video: 'Worst twerk fail' viral exposed as TV fake - Telegraph

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #4856
My homepage has been set to RS

With all these high density neighbourhood bullshit (i.e// building a shit ton of homes on 2 lots), traffic is becoming ridiculous in many areas of Vancouver.

You'll have to literally look down the block to see an oncoming car, with parked cars on either side, leaving only one car passing through.

Anyways, I never thought or was the guy to rage at someone. But almost exploded today. I could see how road rage happens now. It can happen too easy. I can forsee many more road rage incidents with more high density & backyard homes being built.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #4857

^ thats how everywhere is coming, langley, surrey, etc.

you build row homes and townhouses with no parking, or a 1 car garage, then people rent out the basement and the coach home, 5+ cars for a house that might have one non-street spot? its stupid
Old 09-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #4858

Agreed, maybe these councillors signed off on all these developments because in their evil scheme of things, they are pushing people to bike?

Yeah...I noticed one area had 10 homes being built on 2 above average lots..in East Van. You factor in 2 cars on average for home, people are going to be fighting for spots.

Those rice buckets that people use? haha, maybe 100lb blocks of cement will be used - That ought to save a spot...
Old 09-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #4859
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
They are pushing people to ride transit and walk everywhere.

This is why every development is plopped next to a grocer/pharm/subway/mcdonalds/walmart/starbucks/winners/homedepot/ANYWHEREELSEWHITEPEOPLESHOP.

stuff people into project-style housing nobody can afford, make them ride over-priced transit to a job that doesn't pay enough, have everyone shop at the same 10 stores that are generic and boring, wash....rinse....repeat. Every neighbourhood is the same. Everyone takes comfort in the status quo.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #4860
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
I noticed that driving around in east van. every side street is basically 3 cars wide. one on each side for parking, and one down the middle for single lane traffic, no bike lane, and no sidewalks. In kelowna we call those alleys lol.

In Kelowna, I believe there is a bylaw requiring all dwellings built to have a minimum of like 3 parking spots, and +1 for every suite.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #4861

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
I noticed that driving around in east van. every side street is basically 3 cars wide. one on each side for parking, and one down the middle for single lane traffic, no bike lane, and no sidewalks. In kelowna we call those alleys lol.

In Kelowna, I believe there is a bylaw requiring all dwellings built to have a minimum of like 3 parking spots, and +1 for every suite.
Oh don't worry

These developers will be coming to a city near you: Kelowna. By-laws will be re-written.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #4862
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Kelowna is pretty awesome. Almost moved there about 5 yrs ago, but the job offer didn't turn out to be as expected after some due diligence.

Recently went camping up at Kalamalka lake and it made want to revisit the thought..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #4863
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
CPPIB buys Neiman Marcus and its subsidiaries like Bergdorf Goodman, Horchow for $6bn

CPPIB, partner buy upscale retailer Neiman Marcus for $6-billion - The Globe and Mail

am quite surprised and think its a great move
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #4864

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
is anyone getting the flu or what....
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #4865

so with the infinite avion i'm looking at redeeming my points towards two round trip flights to paris in may

At this moment i have 103,000 points and within their guidelines 65,000 is considered good for "long haul europe" with a maximum ticket price of $1300

so i found two basically in the same price range as they all are for "117,000" proceed to checkout and the flights themselves are valued at a total of 114 800 then "taxes and surchages" were an additional $1,192 or 119,000 points...

So the amount of points advertised doesnt even pay for half the ticket because of the additional fees?...
Old 09-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #4866
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
^Twice a year, you can trade in Avion points for British Airways and get +50% ie, 100,000 pts = 150,000 BA miles.

Might want to make a call and see if the promo is upcoming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:09 AM   #4867
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
so with the infinite avion i'm looking at redeeming my points towards two round trip flights to paris in may

At this moment i have 103,000 points and within their guidelines 65,000 is considered good for "long haul europe" with a maximum ticket price of $1300

so i found two basically in the same price range as they all are for "117,000" proceed to checkout and the flights themselves are valued at a total of 114 800 then "taxes and surchages" were an additional $1,192 or 119,000 points...

So the amount of points advertised doesnt even pay for half the ticket because of the additional fees?...
I wouldn't fly into CDG with their high airport taxes.
Try flying into LHR London, AMS Amsterdam, etc other European ports.
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #4868

Heathrow is such a gong show :/

Also I've heard mixed opinions as to the BA 1.5x promo that they have wayyy more restrictions than just the general avion booking

I just can't believe how much more the fees and taxes are
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #4869
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Anyone know where I can register for mandarin classes? I've looked on the Burnaby Community & Continuing Education, but seems like they only have 2 levels of Mandarin. I have very basic knowledge of it, but would like to learn more advanced levels in the future. So just wondering if anyone can recommend some other places.
<3 envee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #4870
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
colleges
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #4871
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by <3 envee View Post
Anyone know where I can register for mandarin classes? I've looked on the Burnaby Community & Continuing Education, but seems like they only have 2 levels of Mandarin. I have very basic knowledge of it, but would like to learn more advanced levels in the future. So just wondering if anyone can recommend some other places.
Langara offres Mandarin classes... Google is your friend
Old 09-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #4872
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

you still have to pay for taxes.
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:05 AM   #4873
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Just a reminder: Take it easy.

I just got out of the hospital after 4 days. 2 small ulcers. I pretty much passed out in the bathroom shitting and throwing up blood. Eventually, came to and got someone to take me to the hospital. 3 bags of blood, one camera down my throat, and another up my ass.

So for everyone: Don't work too hard, don't take work home with you, eat well, and limit the smokes.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:05 AM   #4874
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,513 Times in 4,905 Posts
Happy Friday the 13th!
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #4875
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,812 Times in 8,187 Posts
This isn't going to be a preachy rant, but I just want to say if you are planning on getting a new dog as a pet, DO NOT BUY FROM A PET STORE. If you DO buy a breeder, do NOT do so without visiting the place first. Most likely though, there are thousands of dogs of all ages and types who already need a home. Take one of them first. Let someone else buy an expensive breed.

These 9 breeding bitches came into my wife's work yesterday, and they spent literally the entire day cleaning them, as they were living in their own piss and shit for years, constantly birthing pups:

*note that I am not simply posting a gross animal abuse photo like so many mental case activists do. I am not trying to shock anyone, just put out the information*

That cute little yorkie or poodle or shiba inu you see in the pet store, these are their parents. Dirty, sad, often filled with tumors (if they give birth too many times, they get tumors in their mammary glands).

Note: I am not shitting on people who want to get a particular breed. Just saying.. don't support this, especially anywhere that doesn't let you visit the mothers (don't trust pictures). There is no reason why a mixed breed can't provide you amazing companionship.

And BTW the 'shiba inu' being used was most likely a mixed breed herself. If the pups looked close enough, off they went to the pet store. So often, you're not even getting what you're paying for.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote