REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Facial cleansers (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653736-facial-cleansers.html)

BaoTurbo 09-17-2011 01:03 PM

Facial cleansers

I was wondering what facial cleasers you guys use for oil free skin. I do have sensitive skin so I can't use all random products that contain salytic acid. I have tried neutrogena and clean and clear but both instead of making my skin clear, it also makes it dry and flaky. On a regular basis I try to drink at least 8 cups of water each day but sometimes it doesn't always add up to keep up hydration already.

Right now I'm using Biore 4 in 1 (self foaming) cleanser and it's pretty good, problem is it only works for a while since I my skin gets oily easily. So when I use it in the morning before school, my face is all oily from the stress at school, public transit, and dirt from the air by the time I get home.

Suggestions? I was looking up Gatsby and they have some cleansers I was interested in buying and trying out. Any reviews?

FI-Z33 09-17-2011 01:13 PM

I'm a girl but use spectro... Dermatologists suggest them for all skin types! It's very mild and there's are some for combination skin, oily skin, sensitive skin, etc
You can get them at most drugstores like shoppers or superstore and sellers, etc
Posted via RS Mobile

illicitstylz 09-17-2011 01:46 PM

Spectro Jel for Blemish-Prone Skin, Fragrance Free

+ the associated moisturizer.

BaoTurbo 09-17-2011 03:05 PM

This is my morning set. I use one or the other or both depending on my skin texture in the morning. Biore is used both morning and night time.

I guess I could give spectro a shot.

chin3se604 09-17-2011 04:25 PM

+1 for spectro

dyan 09-17-2011 05:41 PM

+2 for spectro

Depends on what i feel like using too.. if its really oily i go for spectro, otherwise i use clean and clear

MeetHanz 09-17-2011 09:58 PM

+3 for spectro.
I try to use spectro in the morn (without moisturizer) and the more harsher salytic stuff at night (with moisturizer). I don't like to wash with the harsher stuff twice in the day cause it has the tendency to dry out my skin and increase the oil production in certain spots. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's the body's way to help combat the over dryness caused by the chemicals.

You could also try blotting sheets throughout the day to help control the oily spots, or if you're cheap (like me) use tp.

Girl 09-17-2011 11:41 PM

I have combination skin and using Spectro for combo skin was actually really drying on me.

I've been pleasantly surprised with Aveeno's foam cleanser, for the price you pay it's a total bang for your buck!

Know that the more dry your skin is underneath, the oilier it gets. Exfoliation is really important for any sort of moisturizer to permeate through the dead skin layer. I have really sensitive skin as well and I found the Aveeno was really good. The Spectro sensitive wasn't strong enough and combo skin was too drying for me.

Fobman 09-18-2011 01:25 AM

kiels