REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Ortiz vs Mayweather Talk (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653738-ortiz-vs-mayweather-talk.html)

dasuperstar 09-17-2011 08:31 PM

"A dirty fight and no respect for the Host...... " No attitude and clearly his scared no wonder he doesn't want to fight Pacman

If you win on the bad way you wont have satisfaction and even your own fans would not love and respect you. I bet tones of viral video again will be out for Mayweather.

Cmon Bring It On!!!!!!

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4066/...jinkazamat.jpg

iEatClams 09-17-2011 08:32 PM

if you look at the wide angle, the ref doesnt give them the go ahead to fight, and then Joe Cortez then looks the other way to the timers and then Ortiz goes to hug and the rest is history.

Edit: meant to say Does** , does give them the go ahead

SkinnyPupp 09-17-2011 08:34 PM

BTW this comes off as way more phony and cheesy than WWE too :lol

iEatClams 09-17-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plush (Post 7581486)
"A dirty fight and no respect for the Host...... " No attitude and clearly his scared no wonder he doesn't want to fight Pacman

If you win on the bad way you wont have satisfaction and even your own fans would not love and respect you. I bet tones of viral video again will be out for Mayweather.

from mayweathers POV, he just had someone cheapshot him, of course he's gonna go out for revenge, the Ref gives them the go ahead to fight, and he knocks the guy out.

so during the interview he probably thinks he won fair and square (which legally he did, since the ref signaled fight), and then the host is trying to diss him, and with Mayweathers background, its kinda expected hes gonna pissed and diss the host.

dasuperstar 09-17-2011 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azndude69 (Post 7581499)
from mayweathers POV, he just had someone cheapshot him, of course he's gonna go out for revenge, the Ref gives them the go ahead to fight, and he knocks the guy out.

so during the interview he probably thinks he won fair and square (which legally he did, since the ref signaled fight), and then the host is trying to diss him, and with Mayweathers background, its kinda expected hes gonna pissed and diss the host.

All I could say.........

Cmon Bring It On!!!!!!

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4066/...jinkazamat.jpg

rJZx 09-17-2011 08:47 PM

protect yourself at all times....

RacePace 09-17-2011 08:49 PM

Hondaracer 09-17-2011 08:50 PM

I'd say it was almost an eye for an eye, obviously the headbutt was intentional and then ortiz tries to say he's sorry for it?

the wide angle shot the ref looks like he's 90% squinting his eyes and doesnt even see whats happening lol

ive watched the last few mayweather as well as paqiuao [sp] and to think pac man would win outright like alot of people do is misguided i think, it may be underestimating mayweather, he will take any length to win and in the biggest fight of his career he would not go beyond doing everythin in his power to win

G-spec 09-17-2011 08:51 PM

like i posted in the other thread

fck Ortiz, i cant respect a fighter who's asked in the post fight 'view what it is, and his response...
"".... came out to show the fans a good time, looks like they had a good time....etc.. ""

"tta fck kinda response it that bitch, you're an elite world class fighter, warrior it's just you and the other guy in the ring, you're there only to defeat your opponent nothing else matters.... his response just showed me he all he was thinking about was his payday soon as the fight ended..

anyway, if you try headbutting a guy cuz you're pissed off his defense is too good for you to get a clean shot in, you deserve to get knocked the fck out like that...

and Mayweather, only thing I liked about this aside from him actually throwing some good combinations for once, was the fact that he finally quit pussy footin around Larry Merchant and just all out went for it and cussed him out completely, every other fight interview there's always tension between them two, and though this isn't the classiest move by Floyd, i'm finally glad to see it boil over and come out fully

SkinnyPupp 09-17-2011 08:54 PM

Ha so they have been building up the confrontation between Mayweather and the interviewer? Now I wish I had been following boxing longer

G-spec 09-17-2011 09:02 PM

yea Mayweather and Merchant have had beef for a long time and after every fight it's always little subtle jabs between the two, Floyd knows that Merchant hates his ass, and i mean you can tell they dislike each other from just about every post fight interview they've ever done, but it always just stays civil in a way, this time no more chit chat, Floyd just let loose on him dont think he gave a flying fck, just let it all hang out

I think Mayweather and PacMan need to give us their fight free of fcking charge on cable TV just for all the bullshit they're puttin the fans through

bcedhk 09-17-2011 09:10 PM

"If Larry was 50 years younger He would still be 50. "

StylinRed 09-17-2011 09:24 PM

^^ lol i cant believe he's 80 though looks older but sounds younger imo

d1 09-17-2011 09:29 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6VmYVI7liw...eI/s1600/8.gif

Happy 09-17-2011 11:27 PM

LOL
mayweather won fair and square
i don't like the guy but he's gonna have alot more haters after that

SkinnyPupp 09-17-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 7581667)
LOL
mayweather won fair and square
i don't like the guy but he's gonna have alot more haters after that

Exactly. Biggest sports entertainment heel since Vince McMahon, IMO

SkinnyPupp 09-17-2011 11:36 PM

Also, this makes me look forward to the time where an MMA fighter cuts a similar promo on Joe Rogan :fullofwin:

1exotic 09-17-2011 11:51 PM

video of full 4th round + interviews

asahai69 09-18-2011 08:34 AM

want to be angry at someone. be angry at the referee. pacquiao fans need to sit down. they saw floyd who took a year and a half off and still looked great. deep down inside they probably know floyd will destroy pacquiao

JSilver 09-18-2011 09:53 AM

I'm a fan of both Floyd and Pacquiao but deep down no I don't think Floyd will destroy Pacquiao and nor do I believe Pacquiao can destroy Floyd.

I just want these two boxing legends to fight once and for all to see who's the bigger beast at boxing.

RRxtar 09-18-2011 11:07 AM

Money and Pac need to fight before the fight loses hype like what happened to Chuck/Wandy. the fight was hyped for 5 years to see who the best LHW was and didnt happen until they both weren't the best anymore and lost fights and belts.

and this whole thing looked like such BS. ortiz wasnt upset by it at all. even right after he was smiling and joking around about it. boxing is so fucking paid.

dlo 09-18-2011 11:45 AM

ortiz would had gotten a fat paycheque win or lose so it didnt really matter to him
mayweathers defense was too much for him and he got agitated and went for the headbutts, but seriously, who the fuck puts their hands down during a fight? lol ortiz could had easily put his gloves up after the first shot but decided to look at the ref.. dumbass decision, mayweather did the same thing to shane mosley, but shane smarten up and put his hands up after the 1st punch

411ken 09-18-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheDLo (Post 7582028)
ortiz would had gotten a fat paycheque win or lose so it didnt really matter to him
mayweathers defense was too much for him and he got agitated and went for the headbutts, but seriously, who the fuck puts their hands down during a fight? lol ortiz could had easily put his gloves up after the first shot but decided to look at the ref.. dumbass decision, mayweather did the same thing to shane mosley, but shane smarten up and put his hands up after the 1st punch

Exactly what I said after the fight...I'm surprise he didn't "agree" to the rematch so he can get a FATTER paycheque.

I told a buddy that Mayweather said he would fight Ortiz again just so he can avoid Pacman once again and collect more $$$$ on an "easier" fight.

I wish Merchant said something like "Why don't you fight pacquiao so he can kick your ass" instead of the one he said LOL

SkinnyPupp 09-18-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 7581986)
Money and Pac need to fight before the fight loses hype like what happened to Chuck/Wandy. the fight was hyped for 5 years to see who the best LHW was and didnt happen until they both weren't the best anymore and lost fights and belts.

I would normally agree, but who else is there that would take their place? It's not like the 205 lbs division in MMA where there is a ton of really good fighters ready to take the top spot, is it?

If not, the longer Mayweather can delay the fight, yet keep himself in the news, the better the payoff is going to be...

As for the results, if they do end up doing olympic style drug testing where Pacquiao will not be able to taper off steroids for 2 weeks prior, then you have to give the edge to Floyd.

iEatClams 09-18-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asahai69 (Post 7581874)
want to be angry at someone. be angry at the referee. pacquiao fans need to sit down. they saw floyd who took a year and a half off and still looked great. deep down inside they probably know floyd will destroy pacquiao

The referee's mis-handling of the whole thing could have gotten someone killed. Ortiz is an idiot for not protecting himself. Floyd won fair and square.
As a fan of both fighters, I think Floyd takes Manny in a decision.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7582396)

As for the results, if they do end up doing olympic style drug testing where Pacquiao will not be able to taper off steroids for 2 weeks prior, then you have to give the edge to Floyd.

+ 1