REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Terra Nova (https://www.revscene.net/forums/654389-terra-nova.html)

Soundy 10-04-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 7594025)
It's actually said it could of possible that the dinos skin/Armour was so think that bullets might not of affected them.

Even today, things like rhinos and elephants need a pretty substantial round to bring them down...

StylinRed 10-04-2011 03:14 AM

.... todays episode was wtf?

that was like Filler episode quality and for an episode 2 that just doesn't fly

murd0c 10-04-2011 06:50 AM

Yep I have to agree but it seems like that episode was for us getting to know the charcters a bit better maybe? But still not even close to good enough for a second episode.

rice cooker 10-04-2011 07:12 PM

Lot of hype for this show but after watching it wow was it fucking lame.

100 years in the future and usa is still not using metric system :seriously:
Posted via RS Mobile

twitchyzero 10-05-2011 08:47 PM

episode on...birds?
:fulloffuck:
:seriously:
i'll only give this show one more episode before rage quitting
http://www.filmsite.org/posters/bird.gif

Levitron 10-05-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 7603017)
episode on...birds?
:fulloffuck:
:seriously:
i'll only give this show one more episode before rage quitting
http://www.filmsite.org/posters/bird.gif

I thought that too when I watched the episode.

So besides all the hate on the show, anyone a fan of Allison Miller? She reminds me of a younger Rachel McAdams.

RabidRat 10-12-2011 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7600795)
.... todays episode was wtf?

that was like Filler episode quality and for an episode 2 that just doesn't fly

I see what you did there :lol

Hmm. I wasn't all that impressed with this week's episode either, this show's seriously failing to deliver.

Culverin 10-12-2011 03:48 AM

I think the pilot/ep 2 delivered.

But I'm going to give it at least 1 season. Fringe started off slow too, but it all culminated into something, even seemingly unrelated episodes at the time. Hoping this will be the same way.

bluejays 10-12-2011 07:46 AM

Yeah, starting off kinda slow.. this week's episode was like oh no I lost my wedding ring and then my memory.. what a coincidence :suspicious:

doma 10-12-2011 08:39 AM

love this show

604nguyen 10-12-2011 10:24 AM

i dont know about you guys, but i think this show is getting worse by the episode.

7seven 10-12-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604nguyen (Post 7610997)
i dont know about you guys, but i think this show is getting worse by the episode.

Agreed, the previews looked interesting but after watching the first 3 episodes, I think I'm done with this show. Storyline has failed to intrigue me and personally I think the acting by the whole cast has been pretty subpar, especially the main lead.

Lomac 10-12-2011 11:39 AM

I really want to like this show. There are so many possibilities they can do with the premise but they need to focus less on the love stuff and more on a proper overall plot. For a brand new show it seems to already have troubles keeping my attention.
Posted via RS Mobile

604nguyen 10-12-2011 11:44 AM

^ definitely ditch that love stuff. :heckno:
Posted via RS Mobile

bluejays 10-12-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 604nguyen (Post 7610997)

completely agree

Culverin 10-12-2011 03:33 PM

I want more dinosaurs, more guns, more intrigue.
I want less teenagers hooking up.

Also, why are there no helicopters?

Seems a little retarded to be so far in the future without flight.

StylinRed 10-12-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RabidRat (Post 7610768)
I see what you did there :lol

Hmm. I wasn't all that impressed with this week's episode either, this show's seriously failing to deliver.

;) works for that episode too i guess lol

optiblue 10-12-2011 05:11 PM

LOL I just found this thread now? I really thought the plot of the show had something going, but so many complaints after this week. For there to be so many colonies, why does it always seem like there's only less than 10 soldiers? I'll let that slide, but if that Taylor is so tough surviving there and such, on opening episode, he should have sacrificed a bunch of his men and took down the sixers while they were trading and just have the doc heal his own team after since it seems like only medicine has gone Star Trek. So... let's recap what we have potentially for this show:

-No human antagonist that you can take seriously as sixers aren't doing gorilla warfare.
-Pathogens that can be cured in less than a few hours
-Dinosaurs that can't be killed by military grade weapons from the future, but can be controlled with science

Even if those 3 things ended up powering up and doing harm, it's not really going to be interesting for a show of this scale. They need to man up those symbols to be alien of origin and mix in some Ancient Aliens into the storyline. That's the only thing that can save this show from a one season hit. I can't believe how fast the show has degraded from the premier. And they go on about how they can start over and yada yada, but have they already forgotten that there's going to be an extinction level event that wipes out all the dinosaurs? They might as well do that as a season finale since I doubt there's going to be a season 2.

Can't wait for The Walking Dead season 2 to start. Although they too made the mistake of introducting the idea of being able to camoflage themselves with the dead in season 1, I will forgive them for not always going into camo mode.

Levitron 10-13-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by optiblue (Post 7611552)
LOL I just found this thread now? I really thought the plot of the show had something going, but so many complaints after this week. For there to be so many colonies, why does it always seem like there's only less than 10 soldiers? I'll let that slide, but if that Taylor is so tough surviving there and such, on opening episode, he should have sacrificed a bunch of his men and took down the sixers while they were trading and just have the doc heal his own team after since it seems like only medicine has gone Star Trek. So... let's recap what we have potentially for this show:

-No human antagonist that you can take seriously as sixers aren't doing gorilla warfare.
-Pathogens that can be cured in less than a few hours
-Dinosaurs that can't be killed by military grade weapons from the future, but can be controlled with science

Even if those 3 things ended up powering up and doing harm, it's not really going to be interesting for a show of this scale. They need to man up those symbols to be alien of origin and mix in some Ancient Aliens into the storyline. That's the only thing that can save this show from a one season hit. I can't believe how fast the show has degraded from the premier. And they go on about how they can start over and yada yada, but have they already forgotten that there's going to be an extinction level event that wipes out all the dinosaurs? They might as well do that as a season finale since I doubt there's going to be a season 2.

Can't wait for The Walking Dead season 2 to start. Although they too made the mistake of introducting the idea of being able to camoflage themselves with the dead in season 1, I will forgive them for not always going into camo mode.

Maybe they're going to be the extinction level event. :fullofwin:

RabidRat 10-13-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitron (Post 7613221)

oooooooooh....

optiblue 10-16-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitron (Post 7613221)

Ohhh shiet~ maybe they're the aliens :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

optiblue 10-17-2011 08:55 PM

Well, this week's episode about the little girl and the Sixers sucked... thank god walking dead season 2 was on today.

Lomac 10-17-2011 09:20 PM

Well at least there's an actual plot slowly developing now.

rsx 10-17-2011 10:58 PM

Why don't they just kill the sixers? so gay

Culverin 10-17-2011 11:50 PM

I don't know what you guys don't seem to understand.
But Terra Nova isn't at war with the Sixxers.

The Sixxers seem to be colonists that have left. Yes, they took a bunch of crap with them, but it seems quite reasonable that by leaving the compound, Taylor would consider that they would just die off out there. The spy isn't really doing sabotage, just intel leaks.

So far, the Sixxers just seem a bit dull to me. And it's definitely Star Trek level military portrayal, like the writers and director has no clue how to show a military compound. I mean, individual homes for a colony that small?
I was hoping this series would make it pretty raw and gritty. This is more fake than Stargate, at least the military organization is plausible there.