REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   House and Home Renovations (https://www.revscene.net/forums/house-home-renovations_338/)
-   -   Mushrooms (https://www.revscene.net/forums/654717-mushrooms.html)

jACEDesignsLtd 10-02-2011 01:09 PM

Mushrooms

Freak.. these mushrooms have been sprouting like weeds ALL over my lawn. Do any of you guys have a natural way of dealing with them? I pull them out, but they just keep growing and growing and growing...

http://www.parkwaylawn.com/lawnnews/...Mushroom-1.jpg

46_valentinor 10-02-2011 01:27 PM

open a mushroom store! :fuckyea:

tiger_handheld 10-02-2011 05:35 PM

do you know if they are the magical kind ?

Culverin 10-02-2011 10:36 PM

I'm a bit of a lawn care newb, I could be mistaken, but you're getting mushrooms cause you're not getting enough drainage.
Get that thing to poke holes and just scatter on a thick layer of sand.

It's definitely not an instant fix, but over time, that sand will get sucked into the soil and you'll get better drainage resulting in less moss and mushrooms.

jACEDesignsLtd 10-02-2011 10:55 PM

if i could cook the amount of mushrooms I picked up by hand over the past two weeks, I could open up a restaurant. Shit. I felt like I was playing super mario bros.

I have to deal with the problem coz 1. it looks hideous and 2. I worry about the child next door picking them up and eating it (He was admiring my mushroom patch :D).

Thanks for the sand info. That's the first I've heard about that. A friend of mine says the PH balance was off and to use LIME?

skyxx 10-03-2011 03:04 PM

Man those look delicious..... saute them in Garlic butter.

buddy 10-05-2011 09:51 AM

my lawn has the exact mushrooms all over it too and I am just deciding if I should do something about that now or after winter ... lucky mine is not very bad .. just couple of them here and there ...

jACEDesignsLtd 10-11-2011 10:33 AM

Google

ok, update. The mushrooms are still growing. Very annoying. I've asked a person at Home Depot and she suggested a fungicide spray or using calcium carbonate. The former is for isolated spots though and for the latter, I'd have to test the pH of the lawn and I'd run the risk of harming my lawn. From what I'm reading so far, mushrooms grow in an ideal environment and it's a sign of a healthy lawn. It just looks unsightly.

After reading several links like this one

How do I kill mushrooms that are growing in MY lawn

I've decide that I am just going to mow the lawn more frequently or rake them

jACEDesignsLtd 11-08-2011 08:25 PM

update: the cold weather has really stunted the growth of mushrooms. So I'm pretty happy :D

skyxx 11-08-2011 11:09 PM

They'll be back in the spring. So, i'd take care of them before they bloom again. :)

4doorVIP 11-08-2011 11:30 PM

I have the same shrooms growing right now as well :(

jACEDesignsLtd 11-09-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyxx (Post 7682267)
They'll be back in the spring. So, i'd take care of them before they bloom again. :)

Sounds like you've dealt with this problem before. What do you suggest?

Nlkko 11-09-2011 09:10 PM

I don't think you can rid of them with chemicals, they'd just grow back. Try to identify them and if they're edible then maybe eat them. :D

Mostly people occasionally pick them will help to control the spread. My gf's place have some of these on the lawn too, where there 's no direct sunlight.

jACEDesignsLtd 11-20-2011 01:14 AM

raked some leaves on the lawn... no mushrooms. jACE is happy... for now.

Supersport 11-27-2011 03:12 AM

Just wait until you come home from a week of relaxation and shopping, u'll be out there this coming weekend! ha. i love mushrooms on my lawn, think of it as fall flowers.

jACEDesignsLtd 11-30-2011 06:09 PM

ha! so far nothing. knock on wood.

subordinate 11-30-2011 10:27 PM

Winter, but they should be back come season.

Pesky mushrooms for sure.

froese 12-05-2011 10:58 PM

slugs eat mushrooms i hear

jACEDesignsLtd 04-25-2012 09:19 PM

mushrooms are poking back up!

So I went to home depot and was suggested to spread dolomite lime and I came across this informative video:

Video: How to Get Rid of Wild Mushrooms in the Garden | eHow.com

Probably will lime it up this weekend

jACEDesignsLtd 05-06-2012 09:27 AM

update: limed it up by hand. The growth of the mushrooms have slowed down. Some mushrooms are still getting through though. I relimed those areas. So far, so good. We'll wait some more and see..