REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Two Questions For My Project (https://www.revscene.net/forums/654728-two-questions-my-project.html)

icu222much 10-02-2011 05:12 PM

Two Questions For My Project

Hi, my name is Jon and my team I are trying to develop a new communications tool. To aid us with our design, we want to get some public opinion about sharing and discussing things online. I would appriciate it if you can take a few minutes to answer the two questions below.

1) If you find something interesting online (news, funny things etc), do you think about sharing it with your friends? How do you do so (ie Twitter, post on FaceBook). Do you post a comment on the article that you saw if applicable? Do you share it with communities (Reddit)? What do you think of doing this?

2) Have you ever encountered any web sites where you want to write some comment on it, but the site does not provide space to do so? If so, how do you think this could be solved?

tiger_handheld 10-02-2011 05:36 PM

1) Yes . Facebook.

2) Pass it up.

k3mps 10-02-2011 05:44 PM

Sure i'll help out.

1) If i find something interesting, I will most likely share it on facebook. I don't share comment on them or share them in communities, but I think it's cool if you have the time.

2) Provide a place to write a comment

TekDragon 10-02-2011 10:16 PM

1) I find a lot of cool things that I want to pass along, but at the same time, I don't want to link spam my facebook wall, so I end up being selective.

2) Comment spots for blogs (ie engadget) are breeding grounds for trolls and [insert product here] fanboys. I believe websites who don't provide a space for comments either do not want to moderate their articles, or simply do not want to deal with it.

Culture_Vulture 10-02-2011 10:56 PM

1) If it's short and sweet, Facebook status update. Most of the people on my list can't be bothered to click on anything longer than the length of this sentence.

2) Need spots to leave comments (either anonymously or as a member). I think most people would appreciate more interactive-ness to sites. People are just too used to having some place to make whatever obscure comments they think is important to the world.

pinoypixie86 10-04-2011 02:18 AM

sometimes when im online and i wanna share a link wit my friend i get her on MSN and im like u gotta check this out and shes like wat is it worth loggin on for and im like yea of cours i dont wanna waste ur time so she comes on and says yea thats cool

and it wuld be totaly cool to be like able to change some stuff on a page like wikipedia like if i see some stuff writen that sucks i change it right so why cant i do that on every page?

palepilsenpin0y 10-04-2011 02:46 AM

1] I usually always post on certain friends' walls whenever I find it applicable (whether it's funny, and/or interesting). I sometimes do so on Twitter too, but far less often.

I don't usually post too many comments on articles unless I really feel the need to do so, and I guess the only community I tend to share with is R.S.

2] Yes. If there isn't a spot, I'll usually just leave it be and hold my peace. Solution? Provide space for it!

CP.AR 10-04-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoypixie86 (Post 7600779)
sometimes when im online and i wanna share a link wit my friend i get her on MSN and im like u gotta check this out and shes like wat is it worth loggin on for and im like yea of cours i dont wanna waste ur time so she comes on and says yea thats cool

and it wuld be totaly cool to be like able to change some stuff on a page like wikipedia like if i see some stuff writen that sucks i change it right so why cant i do that on every page?

fucking punctuation... how the hell does it work?

icu222much 10-04-2011 08:45 PM

Great. Thank you very much for your input guys. Much appreciated :)

kunoman1 10-07-2011 07:32 PM

1. I will often repost on facebook or tell friends, however, I kind of feel rude to do mass posts on facebook. I dont know, I personally find it annoying, so I dont want to be hypocritical.

2. I don't even bother with comment sections anymore, most often they are either trolled or completely ignored.