REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 09-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #10401
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Two SUVs collide at Alma and West 10th Avenue, crashing into 99 B-Line stop
Advertisement
Old 09-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #10402
My homepage has been set to RS

Left turn from the wrong lane then nearly drives into someone

92 240sx - dd/project car
88 CRX - sold
98 DC2 - sold

Renting out pbm fender roller - pm for details.
satek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:27 PM   #10403

Thanked 7,852 Times in 2,048 Posts
spotted today around 3pm in richmond. on 3 road between francis and williams at a pedestrian controlled cross walk. gold early 2000's corolla surrounded by police cars, both south bound lanes closed. no bumper damage to the car, yet windshield was smashed to epic proportions.

no doubt that someone was crossing the street and the *gold corolla* did not see them and hit them at a high rate of speed. no dash cam footage as my mount fell off yesterday
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:35 AM   #10404
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

"Oooo this MUST be the left-turn lane!", lets just be the most inconsiderate person and make a left turn in the middle-lane!

and YES this video happened in the future, and i will fix the date and time....soon

Last edited by winscosan; 09-22-2014 at 12:28 AM.
winscosan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #10405
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
320icar, was that you yesterday at shell and alderbridge passing an X5 after a left turn and giving him the finger? what happened there? lol
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 12:46 PM   #10406
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,498 Times in 414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winscosan View Post
"Oooo this MUST be the left-turn lane!", lets just be the most inconsiderate person and make a left turn in the middle-lane!

*skip to 0:55 for action

Sorry about the wtf language at the end as i was shock to see a traffic jam on Alderbridge while i was rushing to work..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oGf...ature=youtu.be

action starts at 0:14. your video isn't even 0:55 long lol
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #10407

Thanked 7,852 Times in 2,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
320icar, was that you yesterday at shell and alderbridge passing an X5 after a left turn and giving him the finger? what happened there? lol
I was at shell and alder bridge, but definitely didn't give anyone the finger. Don't recall getting cut off or anything, but getting cut off by an x5 in Richmond a daily occurrence.
320icar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #10408
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
And it actually happens in 23 years!
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #10409
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 478 Posts

Saw this today on Marine

'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT)
27th September 2015 - 17th September 2017

'03 Toyota Corolla CE
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:09 PM   #10410
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

MaaaadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #10411
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

So I drive to Olympic Village to go for a run this afternoon and after 10-15 minutes trying to find a parking spot I finally find one in the edge of the village and begin to parallel park. However, just before a begin to back in, this Mini Cooper Cabriolet in the ONCOMING side decides to dive into my spot with its nose facing the sidewalk, blocking me. The guy was accompanied by an older women and a dog sitting in the back seat.

At first I thought he was just making a U-turn, but he stares at me essentially telling me to get a move on....I yell at him from in the car asking "what are you doing?" as he continues to stare at me and I realize that the only way to get him to move is to get out of my car and confront him.

I ask him again "What are you doing? You realize I was parking in this spot right?". He argues back, claiming that he had the spot first simply because he put his flashers on to claim that spot from half a block away and that "In my world, this is how people claim parking spots" no joke......I reply by telling him that it doesn't work that way and that I don't give a shit saying that "In the real world....if you're not physically at the spot, you don't have the fucking spot!"

We basically kept going back and forth for a few minutes until it he asks "Do you really want to go down this road?". Pretty annoyed at this point, I was like "Well you're the one who made an illegal turn just to have a parking spot. But yes I'm willing because I spent 15 minutes finding a spot and I'm not giving up the one spot I found because some douche bag in a Mini thinks he can have his way."

Eventually he gives in saying that "I'll let you have the spot but take this as a warning". I was like "Really? You have no leg to stand on in this dispute. What are you going to do? You really think you intimidate me with your Mini Cabriolet?..." He doesn't reply. As I get back into my car, he gets out his phone, takes a picture of my plates and drives off as his passenger gives me the finger. After he left, a guy standing on a patio above me talked to me agreeing that that guy was a total dick....He was nice to tell me that he would keep an eye out them in case that car came back around.

Sorry for a rant, just thought I'd share my happy Sunday with you guys. What do you think?

Last edited by jk6221; 09-21-2014 at 07:39 PM.
jk6221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #10412
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 18,281 Times in 3,948 Posts
If he had to pull a u turn to parallel park in the spot, which is what it sounds like, he can fuck himself. If that isn't what you mean, I have no frame of reference, but regardless it sounds like you are in the right.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-21-2014, 07:21 PM   #10413
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,687 Times in 767 Posts
Kept backing into him... See his explanation to icbc

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[10-11, 09:24] dapperfied yraisis
[10-11, 09:24] dapperfied yray so waisis

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #10414
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
If he had to pull a u turn to parallel park in the spot, which is what it sounds like, he can fuck himself. If that isn't what you mean, I have no frame of reference, but regardless it sounds like you are in the right.
Yes...A U turn is exactly what he did to get into my spot. Thanks!
jk6221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:06 PM   #10415

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe View Post
I thought i forgot to cut the video

But i did
Old 09-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #10416
ZN6
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,558 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
Spoiler!

Holy shit, that's what I must have heard when I was riding just north of that on Marine drive. Lucky I decided not to ride my bike on Marine way at that exact point in time.

No idea that that crunch sound was that bad.
ZN6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:42 PM   #10417

Thanked 7,166 Times in 2,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6221 View Post
So I drive to Olympic Village to go for a run this afternoon and after 10-15 minutes trying to find a parking spot I finally find one in the edge of the village and begin to parallel park. However, just before a begin to back in, this Mini Cooper Cabriolet in the ONCOMING side decides to dive into my spot with its nose facing the sidewalk, blocking me. The guy was accompanied by an older women and a dog sitting in the back seat.

At first I thought he was just making a U-turn, but he stares at me essentially telling me to get a move on....I yell at him from in the car asking "what are you doing?" as he continues to stare at me and I realize that the only way to get him to move is to get out of my car and confront him.

I ask him again "What are you doing? You realize I was parking in this spot right?". He argues back, claiming that he had the spot first simply because he put his flashers on to claim that spot from half a block away and that "In my world, this is how people claim parking spots" no joke......I reply by telling him that it doesn't work that way and that I don't give a shit saying that "In the real world....if you're not physically at the spot, you don't have the fucking spot!"

We basically kept going back and forth for a few minutes until it he asks "Do you really want to go down this road?". Pretty annoyed at this point, I was like "Well you're the one who made an illegal turn just to have a parking spot. But yes I'm willing because I spent 15 minutes finding a spot and I'm not giving up the one spot I found because some douche bag in a Mini thinks he can have his way."

Eventually he gives in saying that "I'll let you have the spot but take this as a warning". I was like "Really? You have no leg to stand on in this dispute. What are you going to do? You really think you intimidate me with your Mini Cabriolet?..." He doesn't reply. As I get back into my car, he gets out his phone, takes a picture of my plates and drives off as his passenger gives me the finger. After he left, a guy standing on a patio above me talked to me agreeing that that guy was a total dick....He was nice to tell me that he would keep an eye out them in case that car came back around.

Sorry for a rant, just thought I'd share my happy Sunday with you guys. What do you think?

What we really need to talk about is the fact that you drive somewhere to go for a run...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #10418
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 2,715 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:

Saw this today on Marine
What time was this around?
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #10419
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Eventually he gives in saying that "I'll let you have the spot but take this as a warning"
"We are douche bag and we are many."
foodtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #10420
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
What time was this around?
1:45ish. The firetruck just left then so probably about half an hour earlier or more is when it happened.

'02 SAAB 9-5 Aero (5MT)
27th September 2015 - 17th September 2017

'03 Toyota Corolla CE
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:36 PM   #10421
I am Hook'd on RS

Oh god, what is up with these left turns from the middle lane? I saw another lady in an SUV stop in the middle lane to make a last minute left in Richmond too but unfortunately not with the dashcam car.

In other news, I fixed my dashcam placement by scraping the glue off with a knife and got some new footage. Thanks for the suggestions for getting rid of the sticky stuff guys.

Knight street bridge cheater almost gets rear ended by truck. Looked much closer in RL than on cam.

I saw this accident scene in the morning at Knight street and Westminster Hwy (Richmond) but didn't see a car, just emergency vehicles. You might be able to see behind the asian lady taking to the cops, you can barely see the roof of her car in the ditch.... LOL

NSFW due to language - caught a CLS running a red light. Then this forrester doesn't know the difference between yield and merge. He/she clearly has a YIELD sign but still drifts SLOWLY into the live lane... only to beat a column of cars just to make a left turn further up - I gave them an engine rev to show I was displeased.

Last edited by Noreason; 09-21-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Noreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2014, 01:23 AM   #10422
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:

Saw this today on Marine
Could this accident be the result of the the newer narrow lanes they've made now to accommodate the wide grassy centre island. Which I think doesn't need to be that wide
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:24 AM   #10423
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

My mom and I heard this chain reaction accident yesterday at 6:20pm at the intersection of #3 and Alderbridge Way.

Couldn't quite see how it happened since we were a few cars back (we're on #3 going South), behind the lights before Alderbridge. Since the car windows were open, both my mom and I heard a loud "Bang", followed by one more. After I heard the second one, I look slightly left (since I'm in the passenger seat), then I see a black car crossing 3 road and crashing into a white car. The black car had it's hood turned into a triangle. From what I saw when the black car crossed, it didn't even attempt to stop before impact.

From the pictures I tried to take while we were moving on green, a dark vehicle was hit first by a light blue car (first bang), white car hit light blue (second bang), followed by black hits white (third bang).

Here are the pics I took after math as we drove by. Lots of witness saw this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0354.jpg (147.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0357.jpg (143.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0358.jpg (149.8 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Sango; 09-22-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Sango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:58 AM   #10424
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,339 Times in 558 Posts
i saw the aftermath
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:58 AM   #10425

Honda Odyssey does not singal until the last second to pull over.
Toyota Corolla assumes there will be NO car behind the A7 and cuts me off without looking, finds a spot to parallel park
*SORRY my video got cut off early*
and after a good 2min, She gave up and left...

This post FAILED by: