REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   How can I drive? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/654905-how-can-i-drive.html)

TMT 10-05-2011 11:58 AM

How can I drive?

A few days ago a cop took my licenses and suspended it for 24 hours. He then told me to pick it up in 24 hours at the VPD HQ. So today (48+ hours) I go to pick it up and the receptionist lady says its not here yet. She then calls the cop and he says hes not working until next week. Do you think I could go to ICBC and ask for that paper that was your temporary id before you received your N by mail? Or am I pretty much option less for a week?

Acuracura 10-05-2011 12:18 PM

Call a Motor Vehicle Branch and check the status of your Driver's licence.

There's a difference between "No Driver's Licence" and "Fail to Produce DL". And based on what you've told us VPD is partially responsible for the latter. It is their responsibility to have it available for pick up.

Worse comes to worse, i would keep the Police file number with you incase you get pulled over. They should be able to see what has happened and possibly give you some leniency for Fail to Produce DL.

If the MVB says your DL is suspended or invalid then you can not drive at all.

Simnut 10-05-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acuracura (Post 7602344)

There's a difference between "No Driver's Licence" and "Fail to Produce DL". And based on what you've told us VPD is partially responsible for the latter. It is their responsibility to have it available for pick up.

Worse comes to worse, i would keep the Police file number with you incase you get pulled over. They should be able to see what has happened and possibly give you some leniency for Fail to Produce DL.

I can see this is a frustrating situation. But I would be wary of driving WITHOUT your drivers license physically with you. You are still not "able to produce DL", regardless of the situation. Now, that VT maybe argued in court, but ........

xilley 10-05-2011 01:31 PM

shouldnt have got caught drifting, driftk1ng

TMT 10-05-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acuracura (Post 7602344)

Yeah thanks for the advice. VPD is indeed partially responsible. But in the situation I'm in atm I kinda wanna be safe from now on but at the same time this is so frustrating cause I kinda have to drive. Its supposed to be a 24 hour suspension not a one week. Anyone else have advice

shelby zed 10-05-2011 06:33 PM

Happened to me once. I didn't get a 24 hr just cop forgot to give mylicence back. I drove anyways and picked it up a week later whenhe was working
Posted via RS Mobile