REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/suspension-brakes-wheels-tires-tech_191/)
-   -   Cheap place for wheel alignment. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/655152-cheap-place-wheel-alignment.html)

maksimizer 10-09-2011 02:45 PM

Cheap place for wheel alignment.

Looked all around Vancouver for a cheap wheel alignment.

BIGOTIRES has a full alignment for 70$, compard to like 110+ everywhere else.

Just some advice!

TheSalesman 10-11-2011 04:01 AM

Do you want a good alignment or a cheap alignment?
Dale's only charged me $90 and is the best place to get it done.

ilvtofu 10-11-2011 04:12 PM

I've recently brought my car to dynamic performance auto centre in richmond by DHP, they use a john bean machine (same as dale's?) and will do custom specs as long as its attainable, you get your printouts and it's $90 as well.

IMO it's still steep for a fairly simple, albeit, important service.
Would be interested in a cheaper alignment place which would be great for autocross and trying out different settings.

gretzky 10-12-2011 03:50 AM

is there a place to get late night alignments or other places that closes later, everywhere is closed at like 6pm... was going to make a thread on this but might as well ask here, save some space.. or am i better off making a new thread??

TheSalesman 10-12-2011 06:13 AM

I don't think there are any shops that open past 6pm...

maksimizer 10-16-2011 09:37 PM

Yeah, private shops is prolly best option, everywhere else is fixed times.

Ps BIGOTIRES gives ya the printout aswell, but good to know other places exist for cheap.

benr 10-26-2011 02:44 PM

felt bad that i only pay $40 here in victoria... then i got over it!lol sorry

GTO-demon 11-19-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benr (Post 7629927)
felt bad that i only pay $40 here in victoria... then i got over it!lol sorry

where did you get it done in vic?

alcoolaid 11-23-2011 06:36 PM

+1 for Dales Alignment in Langley

JCheong87 04-16-2012 09:08 AM

Has anyone else had experience with Dynamic? I was referred to them a couple months ago by a body shop in Richmond, but looking them up they have no website... even though it's printed on their business card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 7609959)
I've recently brought my car to dynamic performance auto centre in richmond by DHP, they use a john bean machine (same as dale's?) and will do custom specs as long as its attainable, you get your printouts and it's $90 as well.

IMO it's still steep for a fairly simple, albeit, important service.
Would be interested in a cheaper alignment place which would be great for autocross and trying out different settings.

Recon604 04-17-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCheong87 (Post 7888868)
Has anyone else had experience with Dynamic? I was referred to them a couple months ago by a body shop in Richmond, but looking them up they have no website... even though it's printed on their business card.

i have, excellent service! look for a guy named Jerry. Hes the owner, I think
they have the best equipement

mbrodie 04-17-2012 01:55 PM

I have to echo Salesman, Do you want a good alignment or a cheap alignment?
West Coast Alignment & Frame on Powell Street in East Van
They've been around for decades, and they charge 100 bucks.
Here's their webpage:
Vancouver BC Wheel Alignment Balancing Brakes Frame Straightening 4x4 - West Coast Alignment & Frame

Sango 05-05-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbrodie (Post 7890213)
I have to echo Salesman, Do you want a good alignment or a cheap alignment?
West Coast Alignment & Frame on Powell Street in East Van
They've been around for decades, and they charge 100 bucks.
Here's their webpage:
Vancouver BC Wheel Alignment Balancing Brakes Frame Straightening 4x4 - West Coast Alignment & Frame

Is West Coast Alignment & Frame the best one around town?

I currently get my alignments done, in WA for my cars at a reputable shop there who has been open for about just as long as westcoast and specialize in similar things. They charge more over there but they are well known as well as I have seen exotic cars there at the shop and they were able to properly align my IS (ie. correcting geometry).

If it is the best one, I plan on getting my mom's car down there since it's been long due for an alignment.

ilvtofu 05-10-2012 07:32 PM

Just got dad's 997 turbo aligned today at west coast charged $140. "Porsche tax" anyone? they said it took longer than originally planned, no complaints overall though.

Getting my miata done there tomorrow morning, changing out all the old alignment bolts, will report after

daval 05-11-2012 12:52 PM

Will Dynamics and West coast charge you more for being low?

Sango 05-12-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 7915019)
Getting my miata done there tomorrow morning, changing out all the old alignment bolts, will report after

Oh, I think that was you I saw while was sitting there waiting for my mom's Camry to be done. You dropped off the bolts.

dub_101 05-15-2012 01:54 PM

I get all my cars fixed at dynamic no problem with them. They have great service and excellent rates too.

ilvtofu 05-21-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sango (Post 7916409)
Oh, I think that was you I saw while was sitting there waiting for my mom's Camry to be done. You dropped off the bolts.

oh haha I have a stalker,

$300 repair bill later and my car was good to go, rides so nice now that all the bolts have been replaced and friendly service that treats you like family. Got my car back same day too which was a huge plus because I dropped it off friday morning and if they didn't finish I wouldn't have it for autocross on sunday. $90 is a fair price for the alignment, no printouts because of the old school methods but they are honest people who know what they're doing. Bonus that I don't have to drive out to langley or richmond too.