REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   How to date friend of a friend (https://www.revscene.net/forums/656269-how-date-friend-friend.html)

toyobaru 10-25-2011 01:39 PM

How to date friend of a friend

Once again my curiosity of falling in love brings me to another dilemma. So I had met this girl (girl 1) from a friend from high school. The girl I had met went to my high school as well and we didn't know of each others existence.

One day girl 1 asked to go the DVC indoor shooting range with a friend. Everyone else in the Whatapp convo didn't want to go and I've been itching to try shooting so i took the opportunity. Girl 1 brought a really cute girl (girl 2) who was in her class. Girl 2 does/did a lot of sports and seems like she can keep up with my life style. I've only hung out with her once which was the day I met her. But girl 1 and I seem to click or maybe she is just really nice and out going? (women tend to confuse men with this)

Girl 1 and I have been chatting a lot when we go out as a group I drive her, its been chill and so forth when I drop her off and its like hug and good night. I've thought about attempting to go for girl 1 but I'm afraid of wrecking a friendship and etc. I understand falling in love is always a risk which leads me to leave her as just a friend. I made an attempt to do a movie day and try to get everyone out and mentioned to girl 1 to ask girl 2. I made the foolish attempt to ask if she has FB and I received the "mmm yes she does" reply. then convo went smooth again soon after. But I need advice on how this shit could work or if not.

I really dont want to risk losing a friend (girl 1)

nubtub 10-25-2011 02:06 PM

go with your gut...if you think its going to fuck up because girl 1 is too close of a friend and you risk it, then you're probably just a friend. Truth hurts. Since you are "close" to girl 1, you could tell her to maybe hook you up with girl 2 on a date or just talk to her yourself and ask her out?

jeedee 10-25-2011 03:39 PM

I think its too late for you to go for girl 1.

When you described your relationship with her in paragraph 3, it seems like she only thinks of you as "friend" and you're currently in the friendzone with her.

You also don't want to ruin your friendship with her so why not go with girl 2?

Meh, I'm no V.Rossi so what do I know? :fuckthatshit:
Posted via RS Mobile

Durrann 10-25-2011 07:19 PM

Even after u go for girl 1 and it doesn't work out
Aren't we mature enough to remain friends?
Posted via RS Mobile

BaoTurbo 10-25-2011 07:29 PM

Go for girl 1, if she rejects you, rebound girl 2 lol.

Nlkko 10-25-2011 09:35 PM

It clicks usually also means she's interested. Go for #1, the grass is always greener on the other side. And if no work out rebound #2 hahah.

Falling in love is taking a chance. There's no guarantee happy ending.

coconutjelly 10-25-2011 09:49 PM

do wat feels right

XplicitLuder 10-25-2011 10:25 PM

^ my pillow feels so nice and comfy...:suspicious::suspicious:

ontopic : sometimes i believe if we tell a girl we like them (by asking them out or telling them) even if we get rejected, eventually they start to notice you more because they KNOW you already liked them...its strange how shit works :concentrate: go for girl 1 IMO, if she says no...maybe in the future my assumption might work

ree666 10-25-2011 10:26 PM

i dont see why not both =) use one to make the other one jealous and make them fight for ur attention. win!

Grandmaster TSE 10-25-2011 10:42 PM

why not go for 1, if she says no, you'll know to focus on 2

TOS'd 10-25-2011 10:59 PM

Subscribed.

dignatas 10-26-2011 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7629254)
Subscribed.

like every other relationship thread about women :troll:

toyobaru 10-28-2011 12:04 PM

I dont know Id really like to get to know girl 2 more but im afraid of adding her on FB girl 1 might (Probably WILL) think im using her to get to girl 2. But adding her on FB is the only way i think i can get to communicate with her. I tried initiating a group activity and suggested she could ask girl 2. But it was a fail never happened girl 1 already had planned to chill with her friends week before.

Okami 10-28-2011 06:29 PM

add girl 2, a bunch of guys, and a few girls on FB at the same time XD

The_AK 10-28-2011 06:50 PM

Ask her out dude, girls don't bite (usually).

toyobaru 10-30-2011 04:22 PM

shiet, so things are on the downhill. Girl 1 isnt interested anymore. My friend (who kinda is gay, lisp, all into fashion, and does all the gay hand gestures) dared me to text girl 1 and he'll text her and see who got the first response. Well he got the first response (he did this loud exageratting gay high pitch laugh) with more conversation and to join her at waves. But sometimes I wish i could tell him GIRLS HAVE MORE OF A CONVERSATION WITH YOU BECAUSE THEY THINK YOURE GAY. but im too nice for that haha.

Should I just give up completely. I know ive probably fucked all chances I had with girl 1. I still havent added girl 2 yet on FB. But that is a slick idea add girl 2 and a few other girls and other guys haha.

The_AK 10-30-2011 06:40 PM

^ask the gay dude out? Make the girls Really jealous :troll:

jeedee 10-30-2011 06:43 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...eofemotion.gif

insomniac 11-01-2011 09:48 AM

I think you're doing things that are making things awkward. You can always redeem yourself. As for girl 2 you should just add her and don't mention her in front of girl 1 anymore lol
Posted via RS Mobile

toyobaru 11-01-2011 12:36 PM

lol i think in this situation itself ive royally fucked it up. im just gonna keep calm and carry on haha!

corollagtSr5 11-01-2011 12:51 PM

man if you go for girl 2, you'll have even more chance with girl 1, so its a win win situation.

JF. 11-25-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniatic (Post 7671902)
I think you're doing things that are making things awkward. You can always redeem yourself. As for girl 2 you should just add her and don't mention her in front of girl 1 anymore lol
Posted via RS Mobile

1+
Posted via RS Mobile

Chronix 11-25-2011 04:13 PM

you dun goofed.

falcon 12-16-2011 10:21 AM

This thread is funny. Just man up already and ask her out. Or give me her number and I'll take care of her for you.