REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   What are my chances here (car accident)? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/656460-what-my-chances-here-car-accident.html)

epicbeardman 10-28-2011 09:26 AM

What are my chances here (car accident)?

Yesterday I got in a car accident. I think I am completely off the hook, but you be the judge:

I was driving down 12th street (aka Kingsway on the New West side) and someone was on 3rd avenue. 12th is a through road b/c it's a major road, and 3rd is a side road with a stop sign. So I had the right of way. At the intersection, the person on 3rd tried to make a left turn onto the opposite lane, without checking her left side and she didn't see me coming down the hill. Luckily, she was following her friend who made a tight left first, so I braked for him and my speed was quite low. She followed her friend out of 3rd and thinking he got through, that there must be no cars coming. She was wrong and I couldn't brake in time. I braked, but swerved my car slightly and hit her front bumper with my right side passenger bumper. The crash was low impact because of my reduced speed, so the damage is not extensive. However, it messed up my alignment, put a huge hole in my bumper , made my wheel well bent and destroyed my windshield wiper fluid system. Other than that, car is drivable and I drove it around last night no problem.

My question is, I think I am in the clear. I immediately recorded video showing how our cars were right after the collision and I have her on video, asking if she can pay me off and saying that it is all her fault.

I have already made the claim...but I don't have collision coverage and I am worried ICBC might somehow screw me and just say it was my fault (SOMEHOW) and make me pay for my own damages? My worries are probably unfounded, but I just want to make sure.

XplicitLuder 10-28-2011 09:38 AM

well if she followed her friend right after it means she never came to a complete STOP at the stop sign...you already have her fucked right there :concentrate:

benwang 10-28-2011 09:38 AM

what do you mean no no collision coverage?
didnt you get insurance??

XplicitLuder 10-28-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benwang (Post 7632360)
what do you mean no no collision coverage?
didnt you get insurance??

not everyone gets collision :P i didnt have collision the first year i insured my car

epicbeardman 10-28-2011 10:08 AM

I have. Met with estimator, who saw my damages and estimated 2000gs. Now waiting call from adjuster who will call the other party. No other ICBC employee other than the adjuster is privy to the information. But thanks for your wisdom.

6insomnia9 10-28-2011 10:21 AM

2000gs damn, you drive a RR phantom?
Posted via RS Mobile

benwang 10-28-2011 10:30 AM

holy shit. 2000 grands is alot of money. what do you drive?

epicbeardman 10-28-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6insomnia9 (Post 7632414)
Posted via RS Mobile

No man,it was my grand dad's Buggati Atlantic. Only one in CA. :/
Posted via RS Mobile

FerrariEnzo 10-28-2011 12:01 PM

shes at fault, she didnt make sure it was clear before she made the turn.

People going straight has right of way over turners!

Supafly 10-28-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epicbeardman (Post 7632423)
No man,it was my grand dad's Buggati Atlantic. Only one in CA. :/
Posted via RS Mobile

PICs.:suspicious:

Supafly 10-28-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6insomnia9 (Post 7632414)
Posted via RS Mobile

I had minor paint damage to my front bumper....a love tap...was a 1400 bill to repaint from MB.:seriously:

StylinRed 10-28-2011 12:45 PM

you guys are missing the joke.. 2gs = 2,000 2000gs=2,000,000
Posted via RS Mobile

Outreach 10-28-2011 01:11 PM

SORRY BUT WHAT KIND OF IDIOT DOESN'T HAVE COLISION COVERAGE W/ ALL THESE STUPID DRIVERS ON THE ROAD? ESPECIALLY THE ONES WHO CAN'T EVEN COMMUNICATE TRADING INSURANCE AFTER!

sonick 10-28-2011 01:15 PM

I don't have it because a $2,000 collision would likely completely write off my car.

evil_jigglypuff 10-28-2011 01:30 PM

^
Not everybody wants collision coverage on their insurance. Collision coverage is "own" damages meaning if you get into an accident and "you" are at fault then you can just pay whatever your deductible is to ICBC and they can/will repair your "own" vehicle at their expense.

For the OP... If the other driver is at fault which it looks like then the damages on your vehicle will covered by their "Third Party Liability." If that driver who hit you doesn't have collision on their insurance then they can't have ICBC repair their vehicle on their behalf. They just have to pay for the repair from their own pockets.

CP.AR 10-28-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outreach (Post 7632626)
SORRY BUT WHAT KIND OF IDIOT DOESN'T HAVE COLISION COVERAGE W/ ALL THESE STUPID DRIVERS ON THE ROAD? ESPECIALLY THE ONES WHO CAN'T EVEN COMMUNICATE TRADING INSURANCE AFTER!

SORRY BUT IT'S SO DAMN NOISY I CANT REALLY HEAR YOU IN HERE MAYBE PUNCTUATION WOULD ACTUALLY HELP TOO!

epicbeardman 10-28-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

I dont think you understand what collision does. And the Atlantic is driven so little/ collector's car so grand dad didn't bother with collision. I just took it out to impress a debutant's daughter at the horse track. I'll post pics of the car when I get home.
Posted via RS Mobile

freakshow 10-28-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

SORRY BUT THE OPTIONAL COVERAGE FROM ICBC COVERS ACCIDENTS THAT WERE YOUR FAULT. THE MANDATORY BASE INSURANCE FROM STUPID DRIVERS IS WHAT COVERS YOU IF THEY'RE AT FAULT.

mb_ 10-28-2011 02:57 PM

I think collision coverage is for when you're at fault. You're in the clear.

Edit: Should read replies before posting lol

rageguy 10-28-2011 03:25 PM

Correct. Collision coverage is only when you are in an at-fault accident. As long as ICBC confirms that the other party is at fault 100%, you will get your car fixed for free, no deductible.

Unfortunately your car's resell value will be lower than before due to a claim on your vehicle record.

Outreach 10-28-2011 05:37 PM

Ok, well ya didn't have to fail me all to hell. My cap lock was stuck too. My bad cause i was mistaken i guess.

Phozy 10-28-2011 06:40 PM

Welcome to Revscene? :D

and dayum, to OP, id like to see pics, hope things work out.

1exotic 10-28-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

YOU SOUND LIKE THOSE BLACK GUYS ON WORLDSTARHIPHOP AND YOUTUBE THAT TYPE IN ALL CAPS

CorneringArtist 10-28-2011 06:56 PM

racerman88 10-29-2011 03:11 PM

if she had a stop sign, she is screwed 100% at fault