REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   headsup: cell phone trap in Burnaby (https://www.revscene.net/forums/656756-headsup-cell-phone-trap-burnaby.html)

imp>dom 11-02-2011 09:37 AM

headsup: cell phone trap in Burnaby

Kingsway @ Nelson west bound

no one i know had been caught yet so i'm just guessing they r aiming at phone users or seat belts. they are there almost every day! so watch out.

and no i don't use my phone when i drive. i do believe it is dangerous.

Outreach 11-02-2011 09:46 AM

Nobody said you used your phone while driving haha. Thanks for heads up.

imp>dom 11-02-2011 09:50 AM

^ been on here long enough to know what people are going to say lol

i welcome an official "Thanks" .... that button right there :)

imp>dom 11-02-2011 10:10 AM

officers actually stand in the middle of the road to get a good look at drivers on both lanes pretty crazy

death_blossom 11-02-2011 10:27 AM

another common intersection is Willingdon and Lougheed Hwy in Burnaby. a cop stands at that busy intersection during the afternoon/evening rush hour and looks for ppl using their phones or txt'ing at the red lights. he will hide behind the giant skytrain concrete pillars.

so funny watching him do it from the opposite side. he just hides behind the pillar and peaks his head out as if he were Solid Snake with a bright green vest on, haha.

imp>dom 11-02-2011 10:28 AM

^ didnt know that one

SumAznGuy 11-02-2011 10:36 AM

You will see them parking their squad cars in the old Morrey Nissan lot of on the center island when they are catching the people in the west bound lanes.

Saw them there 4 days in a row last month.

604nguyen 11-02-2011 11:14 AM

if you think its dangerous to use the phone while driving, then why the heads up? people shouldnt be talking on the phone while driving anyway, i hope they get caught

imp>dom 11-02-2011 11:41 AM

^ u are right. its just a warning for my fellow RS'ers. maybe paying a fine is a way for some people to learn their lesson, but i still dont want to see us getting caught

1990TSI 11-02-2011 11:49 AM

fail for thread title.

how would you feel if your kid got hit by a driver on cell phone?

would you still make this thread?

FerrariEnzo 11-02-2011 11:55 AM

Even though you post these kinda of post on here, do you think its going to help?

many threads have you seen here whining about people getting a SPEED ticket and asking how to get out of it.. if they didnt want to get it, then they shouldnt be speeding.. lol

donjalapeno 11-02-2011 01:08 PM

Holy fuck......op is just looking out for fellow members....people need to chill the fuck out.

Thx op

wasabisashimi 11-02-2011 01:30 PM

^ ya, what about speed trap warning (also on news1130) or someone high beaming you to warn you about cops?... Fucking be thankful.

OP is not encouraging cellphone use, its merely a headsup for saying cops are enforcing law, so dont break it.!

JordanLee 11-02-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wasabisashimi (Post 7673699)
^ ya, what about speed trap warning (also on news1130) or someone high beaming you to warn you about cops?... Fucking be thankful.

OP is not encouraging cellphone use, its merely a headsup for saying cops are enforcing law, so dont break it.!

As RCubed once said: You can pay attention while still going 10-15km/h over but if you're texting you're not looking whats ahead of you at all. There is a difference.

RCubed 11-02-2011 08:45 PM

Id rather a cellphone user get a ticket than rear end me again. thanks.

LP700-4 11-02-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imp>dom (Post 7673439)
^ been on here long enough to know what people are going to say lol

i welcome an official "Thanks" .... that button right there :)

You've been here long enough to know what people will say, but you didnt know that asking for thanks usually end in fails? :seriously: :fullofwin:

HondaGuy 11-02-2011 08:59 PM

Deathblossom: is that what the officers does at willingdon and lougheed?
I spotted them too once when I stopped at that intersection heading westbound, I looked over and saw 2 of them hiding behind the concrete poles and peeking lol...
Posted via RS Mobile

death_blossom 11-02-2011 10:59 PM

^
yup! hahaha.
a friend of mine got caught there a few months back. he was bbm'ing some friends and I in a group chat. :p

Geoc 11-02-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by death_blossom (Post 7674497)
^
yup! hahaha.
a friend of mine got caught there a few months back. he was bbm'ing some friends and I in a group chat. :p

What's his excuse to the officer when they were writing him a ticket?

death_blossom 11-03-2011 07:08 AM

no excuse. he took it like a man. you can't give an excuse at this type of situation anyhow.

the cop startled my friend tho. he was looking down at his berry, while the police officer jumped out from behind the pillar and said to him "is that a black berry?!"

I think this thread is a useful reminder not to use your phone ANYTIME while driving. cops are out there looking, even while they're driving their own squad car.

AzNightmare 11-03-2011 09:30 AM

How do cops see if you are on your phone or not if you're just looking down and texting?
How close is he? or does he have binoculars from an elevated position?

Just curious, cause I can't picture it.

I have nothing to worry about though,
I'm probably the last person in the mid 20's generation still on a flip phone with no texting plan (which means I never text).

FerrariEnzo 11-03-2011 11:08 AM

im guessing if they see you constantly looking down at your peepee, then somethings not right... lol

donjalapeno 11-03-2011 01:53 PM

phone trap....dewdney and 224th maple ridge.