REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,664 Times in 334 Posts
Lock 'em up,

My car was broken into last night. It was parked in my driveway right in front of my garage. Thief stole a $5 Aux wire and went through my backpack, but left nearly $500 in damage. Just a fair heads up, park em up and lock em up if you can. It's damned worth it.
Advertisement
Noran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
10psi aint enough...

Sorry to hear about the break-in and loss. One of my friend got broken into his apartment yesterday afternoon and stole his laptop and wallet.
Felt bad for him when he told me... Seems like no where is safe... Thieves everywhere.

Best of luck with everything.
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:38 AM   #3
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
Sorry to hear about the break-in and loss. One of my friend got broken into his apartment yesterday afternoon and stole his laptop and wallet.
Felt bad for him when he told me... Seems like no where is safe... Thieves everywhere.

Best of luck with everything.
Posted via RS Mobile
.... his car?

he left his wallet and his laptop...in his car....

unless you mean his apt. got broken into, then that's a whole different animal haha

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:03 AM   #4
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts
Part of why I left Canada
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:47 AM   #5
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts
Just reading this thread brings me back to when I left home (where I work) for lunch, and drove by these sketchy looking kids in a beater on the way out. I had a bad feeling about them, so I turned around to check my place out. Sure enough there they were, along with a van backing into my driveway

This was just a few weeks or months after moving there. My car was broken into and stereo stolen just after 2 days, and just about everyone who visited my neighbourhood had their car broken into. The neighbour across the street had their car broken into pretty regularly.

It got the point where I couldn't sleep at night, I would just stay up all night and literally chase off thieves pulling up to my car. I called the cops more than a few times, but that never goes anywhere.

One thing I like about Hong Kong is that for the most part, the criminals only really bother each other. Stay out of that 'lifestyle' and you'll be left alone.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:02 AM   #6
10psi aint enough...

Raid3n: sorry maybe I phrased it wrong hahah... Lack of sleep does that.
Friends apartment got broken into, not car. I know its not the same as OP's situation about cars but theft makes everyone upset.
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:16 AM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Hide yo kidz, hide yo wife. Lock 'em up.

Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2011, 06:20 AM   #8
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
We're doing fairly well in New West these days. My ex-gf and I shared a place on the same street I'm on now, but further south and her truck was broken into a couple of times. We happened to be across from BC Housing, but I'm sure that is in no way related.

Our main problem now seems to be kids. Someone went down our street about 6 months ago and broke about 13 windows. Go out in the morning and see little bits of spark plug everywhere.

About a week later, we were hanging out with a friend of ours, and I was just getting ready to take her home, had a jacket and shoes on when we heard the smash, and a neighbors alarm go off, and I went flying downstairs-like clearing 5 stairs at a stride and still couldn't see anything when we got outside.

My only issue now is our back parking lot has a HUGE blind spot of visibility from anything, so you need to make triple sure to clean everything out of the car.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #9
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

The best way is to catch one... and make an example out of him.....we haven't had any break ins ever since on our block.
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelNolan View Post
My car was broken into last night. It was parked in my driveway right in front of my garage. Thief stole a $5 Aux wire and went through my backpack, but left nearly $500 in damage. Just a fair heads up, park em up and lock em up if you can. It's damned worth it.
That sucks, a thief did the same to my GF's car and only stole a USB charger yet smashed her window and damaged her door.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #11
RS controls my life!

On the contrary. if you left your door unlocked there would not have been any damage, and if you have nothing of value in the car or the car itself isn't really worth stealing then it is sometimes better to leave them unlocked... It can be an open invitation so you have to put up some warning stickers "Car has bedbugs" or "Beware of snake" "Nothing of value, go smash something worth more then a pop can"..
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #12
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

i got a fairly new car.... sometimes i have to park in shady places regularly and i leave my glove box empty and fully opened and leave nothing of value in the car. i never got my car broken into... i think the glove box is a good clear sign to whoever wants to make a couple bucks that i have nothing in the car.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #13
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Last night I left my car in a sketchy part of the neighborhood, got back to it in the morning. Everything was in its place.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:09 PM   #14
RS Licensed Vendor

No alarm on your car? If it was in front of your garage and you had even a basic alarm it might've prevent it.

RS Security FAQ I wrote a long time ago. Still applies today.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/63042...ity-101-a.html
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post
No alarm on your car? If it was in front of your garage and you had even a basic alarm it might've prevent it.

RS Security FAQ I wrote a long time ago. Still applies today.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/63042...ity-101-a.html
There's an alarm on it alright. I suppose it decided to not go off due to a smashed window. huh.

Just a little update on the car - over $5000 in damage has been done. The shop basically replaced the driver side door and seats along with some roof materials. Luckily it's only a $300 deductible.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #16
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Quote:
There's an alarm on it alright. I suppose it decided to not go off due to a smashed window. huh.
Time to get yourself a proper alarm. What good is an alarm if it's not gonna go off?

Remember, install of the alarm is just as important as the alarm itself.

Still a kick in the junk though. I'm assuming by your location, this happened in Port Moody?
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #17
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

ouch, does this happen often in east van though? :/
see.lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed View Post
Time to get yourself a proper alarm. What good is an alarm if it's not gonna go off?

Remember, install of the alarm is just as important as the alarm itself.

Still a kick in the junk though. I'm assuming by your location, this happened in Port Moody?
Yeah. Right in front of an Elementary school. There were a couple of other break-ins around my block that night too. I was lucky I didn't leave anything of value in there.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #19
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:

Just a little update on the car - over $5000 in damage has been done. The shop basically replaced the driver side door and seats along with some roof materials. Luckily it's only a $300 deductible.
Was it a factory alarm? Most factory alarms don't have shock/impact sensors. But when the thief opens the door your factory alarm should do off. I would suggest hooking it up to horn honk too, most aftermarket alarm sirens are pretty feeble.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #20
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman333 View Post

I had a break-in three weeks ago. I have a Compustar, a very visible flashing LED, and stickers on the windows.

Crackheads are crackheads. They don't care.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #21
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymans View Post
On the contrary. if you left your door unlocked there would not have been any damage, and if you have nothing of value in the car or the car itself isn't really worth stealing then it is sometimes better to leave them unlocked... It can be an open invitation so you have to put up some warning stickers "Car has bedbugs" or "Beware of snake" "Nothing of value, go smash something worth more then a pop can"..
you would think that's the solution, wouldn't you?

True story... my friend's little Honda got broken into a few times after the family moved in a house that's 2 blocks away from Nanaimo Station (bad move... more stories about house got broken into to share later when appropriate), nothing more than some chump change were taken from the coin tray everytime...

it's the ICBC deductible and downtime that was killing him while struggling between school, gf, partying and 2 part time jobs, so he took the advise from one of his friend to leave his doors unlock, coin tray and glove box emptied and opened, even a sign on dash that said no money over night with a happy face ... 2 days later when he's ready to go to school, he was surprised by a big dump of shit on his driver seat, the only clue we had was this person must had some beans, corns and veggi for dinner ...

For those who's going to recommend Compustar, this story took place almost 18 years ago when power door locks was still an add-on accessory. Yes it's an old story, but it's extremely funny, at least to me and my friends who got to re & re the seat and power-washed it, bring a smile to our face everything we brought it up while drinking ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.

Last edited by buddy; 11-04-2011 at 12:48 PM.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote