REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Driver's abstract (https://www.revscene.net/forums/656854-drivers-abstract.html)

sebberry 11-03-2011 12:32 PM

Driver's abstract

If the ICBC driver's abstract is only for 5 years, how far back do the police records go for driving infractions? I asked for my abstract when I renewed my licence recently and asked if there was anything that goes back further than 5 years but they couldn't supply it.

sho_bc 11-03-2011 09:00 PM

When your drivers licence is run by us, we only see back 5 yrs of driving history. However, if there are police files relating to traffic tickets that are more than 5yrs old, we can see those files and the information they contain (if they're on the "PRIME" records system that is currently used). Example: collisions, street racing, etc etc etc

FerrariEnzo 11-04-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 7675769)
However, if there are police files relating to traffic tickets that are more than 5yrs old, we can see those files and the information they contain (if they're on the "PRIME" records system that is currently used). Example: collisions, street racing, etc etc etc

so only serious things and not like speeding tickets?

I had a car accident about 10-11 years ago... will you guys see that?

gretzky 11-04-2011 12:09 AM

would excessive speeding stay on the record?

sho_bc 11-04-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo (Post 7676030)
so only serious things and not like speeding tickets?

I had a car accident about 10-11 years ago... will you guys see that?

VPD enters tickets onto PRIME sometimes, which shows the person issued the ticket and the offence, but no other details. These stay on PRIME.

10-11yrs ago, we didn't have PRIME. I believe it got introduced in 2002, and didn't really come into full/wide-spread use until much later on. If someone is really eager, they could go through PIRS (pre-PRIME system in use) to find the information though. This isn't available in-car.

taylor192 11-04-2011 10:21 AM

Does ICBC keep a longer record? I had to get 7 years of driving history from my insurance company in Ontario to provide to ICBC to get my 35% discount.

sho_bc 11-04-2011 03:32 PM

Yes. I've received an abstract from ICBC for court that was 7 pages long.

Nechako87 11-04-2011 03:37 PM

Guys....ALL your records are on file SOMEWHERE. In this day and age, records like this are not "thrown" out, they are simply archived. Your information will always be available, it's just how hard someone is willing to look for it.

sebberry 11-04-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 7676661)
Yes. I've received an abstract from ICBC for court that was 7 pages long.

So why would ICBC not issue me anything from before 5 years ago?

zulutango 11-04-2011 06:17 PM

My favourite MVB driver's abstract was a history noting that the driver was deceased but that he had to contact MVB to renew his expired DL. If I worked at MVB and he did call, I definitley would have renewed his DL as his DL was not the only thing expired.

Simnut 11-05-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7676815)
My favourite MVB driver's abstract was a history noting that the driver was deceased but that he had to contact MVB to renew his expired DL. If I worked at MVB and he did call, I definitley would have renewed his DL as his DL was not the only thing expired.

:eek:

sho_bc 11-05-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebberry (Post 7676793)
So why would ICBC not issue me anything from before 5 years ago?

Sounds like a good question to ask them.