REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Condo Issue: Loud Neighbours... Terrible Building/ Complaint Management... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/656917-condo-issue-loud-neighbours-terrible-building-complaint-management.html)

jbsali 11-04-2011 01:27 AM

Condo Issue: Loud Neighbours... Terrible Building/ Complaint Management...

Story:
Girlfriend and her parents moved into a condo to downsize from their 4 bedroom house (August 1st). The parents are now retired and my girlfriend is finishing up her school in 1.5 years. The big reasons they moved was because one suffered a heart attack and the old house was too big. Ever since they moved in, the neighbours above them have been extremely loud, show no respect at all for neighbours below them and are fully aware that they are noisy. Security is tight at this building so you can only access your own floor from the elevator/ staircase using the key fob.

Neighbours: 2 Adults, 17 year old, 5 year old and 3 year old
Layout: 4th Floor, end of hall. (Directly above gf/ gf's parents)
Noises: Thumping, yelling, cursing, slamming doors, cupboards, dropping items, moving furniture, constant laundry machine use, loud music etc.

Daytime (8am-10pm):
Thumping, yelling, cursing, slamming things, laundry machine used at least once during the day. Quiet periods, but nothing longer then 20min at a time.

Quiet Time (10pm-8am)
Constant thumping from room to room around 11-1am. Laundry is started around 11-12am and sometimes dragged out to 1am. Furniture is being dragged around each room, items being dropped at times. Loud bangs and thumping randomly between 2-5am. This is a daily thing!

Strata and Building/ Complaint Management:
Management has informed my girlfriend's parents to record every noise that can be heard coming from the 4th floor above them. Since the beginning of August (move in date), there have been over 30 pages logged. The pages are layed out according to day-time noises and quiet-time noises. Exact times and noises are written down and submitted weekly to complaint management. The complaint manager is an absolute dick and hangs up on her parents because he thinks they complain too much. Parents call 1-2 times a week. Parents have been in contact with the Strata President and she is more then willing to listen. She tells them to keep logging the complaints, sending them to building management and then if it makes it far enough; goes to council.

Honestly, it seems like my girlfriend and her parents are getting the run around from complaint management. the building manager is an asshole. Hangs up on her parents, tells them they call too much. They call his office and he never picks up anymore. Security is really tight there so I can't even get to the 4th floor to rip the neighbour a new one.. can't do anything.

I really thought that they might have been complaining a little too much. Going from a super quiet house to a condo is a huge jump so I could understand them not being used to it. I've never heard so much noise coming from an above floor in my life. These neighbours have no respect for those that live near them.

Revsceners, I need some advice! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CRS 11-04-2011 01:42 AM

I think the word you're looking for is QUIET.

jbsali 11-04-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 7676107)
I think the word you're looking for is QUIET.

FML... thanks for pointing it out. myyy baddddd

(fixed)