REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   ING $50 bonus! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659011-ing-%2450-bonus.html)

canucksfan 12-05-2011 05:58 PM

ING $50 bonus!

Those of you who post over at Redflag probably already know about this offer, but I found out a couple weeks ago that ING has a promotion where you receive a $50 bonus for signing up, plus $50 for every person you refer.

When you open any ING account, all you have to do is enter an "orange key" from an existing member, and both you and the member will receive $50. You will need to mail them a $100 cheque to initiate the account. Afterwards, you can either keep using ING or transfer the $100 deposit and $50 bonus to the account where your cheque came from.

Really simple, thought I would share with those of you looking to open another bank account and have family/friends that you want to refer. No fees, really clean layout. I like it so far...

Info: ING DIRECT Canada: Refer a Friend
Sign-up link: ING DIRECT Canada: Sign me up!

Just got my dad and brother to sign up so I can confirm that it works. Not going to post my orange key on here because it's not my intention to spam, but those interested can PM for my key or ask someone else on RS who also have ING accounts.

Extra christmas spending money for all! :fuckyea:

murd0c 12-05-2011 06:05 PM

this is normal this time of year.

subordinate 12-05-2011 06:08 PM

yeah, I would hope everyone knows about this. Spam.

canucksfan 12-05-2011 06:09 PM

I'm not posting my referral code, nor am I sending unsolicited messages to people...

Just simply letting people know it's out there. It's a 30 page thread on RFD, I can guarantee this thread is going to make someone happy. The mods can decide if this is something they don't want on RS, and I have no problems with it.

iEatClams 12-05-2011 07:10 PM

Ally.ca still has better rates, so if you have more $, the $50 might not be worth it.

Sky_High 12-05-2011 08:57 PM

Just go for Ally.

1.5% at ING, 2.0% at Ally.

canucksfan 12-05-2011 09:43 PM

Does Ally have a sign-up bonus though? The point isn't really about the the interest rates, I'm only doing it for the free cash...They've deposited $150 in my account already and I only had to get my dad and brother to mail in a cheque...

I've actually never heard of Ally, might open a savings account there.

Teriyaki 12-05-2011 10:27 PM

I've been with them for over 5 years and I've got nothing but good experience with them so far. Their rates are competitive, and service is pretty good over the phone when you need them.

I've referred a few friends and family over the years, even without the promo because I actually think they provide a good product.

Their chequing account is new, and its free and full-featured. You can even request drafts to be made. Don't think this has been mentioned yet, but you can actually use their card to take out money from any HSBC ATM. Kind of like having a free HSBC chequing account without all the ludicrous charges/minimum balance.

rymack 12-06-2011 09:29 AM

I just signed up 2 weeks ago and the process was painless. Myself and my family member who gave me the orange key number both got our $50. Now that i have my own code I am working on family to open accounts. Its a win win .

iEatClams 12-06-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucksfan (Post 7716690)
Does Ally have a sign-up bonus though? The point isn't really about the the interest rates, I'm only doing it for the free cash...They've deposited $150 in my account already and I only had to get my dad and brother to mail in a cheque...

I've actually never heard of Ally, might open a savings account there.

I don't think they have bonuses.

Their commercials are fair rates for all customers, not just new etc.

Search up some Ally commercials (the ones with the cute kids) and im sure you'll remember them.

Personally if you are looking to park cash and don't want it to be locked in, and want 100% security, then I'd recommend them as they have the highest rates in Canada. Service is okay and setting it up seems straight forward.

HONESTLY though, I do not want the layman person to become a customer of Ally because I don't want them to be like ING. What I mean is that I dont want a person that doesn't know how to use a computer, or look up info online to go to them because this will reduce their rates.

ING has too many dumb customers that don't know how to properly fill out forms, cant read instructions on the internet, and call their lines for every small detail even though all the information is on the net.

This just creates more overhead and increase their costs and forces them to lower their rates. ING had to cancel or kick out certain customers cause they would call for very minor things that can be found on the websites home page.

drunkrussian 12-06-2011 04:25 PM

fyi for anyone else wondering if its fake its not. i did this before i saw this post. got $50 for putting in $100 and can take out anytime. all u talking about interest are idiots. u make $$150 from $100 and then take it. thats it. what the hell does interest have to do with this? interest on $100 over five days would be better than $50?
Posted via RS Mobile

mmmk 12-06-2011 04:49 PM

^
he has a valid point lol

shawn79 12-06-2011 09:39 PM

It works i got almost 2k for doing absolutely nothing :fuckthatshit:
I was gonna post it up few months back but didnt want to get points for spamming