REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   violation ticket with wrong address info - void?? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659344-violation-ticket-wrong-address-info-void.html)

monty007 12-11-2011 12:27 AM

violation ticket with wrong address info - void??

Is this ticket void because of a wrong postal code that the issuing officer wrote down on the ticket?

cho 12-11-2011 12:48 AM

no.

Sky_High 12-11-2011 01:35 AM

:facepalm:

ninjatune 12-11-2011 02:09 AM

the postal code is within the shaded area, therefore it does not matter. If you actually read your copy of the VT, you'd see it says the information in the shaded areas is not part of the offence charged. (look above the officer's signature).

CRS 12-11-2011 11:58 AM

Don't listen to these guys.

Having an incorrect postal code TOTALLY will void the ticket. I mean come on! How can having such a critical piece of information be incorrect when issuing a ticket?

Please go dispute the ticket and let us know when the court date is!

parm104 12-11-2011 12:41 PM

ANY information incorrectly written on your ticket will make your ticket void. You got lucky this time bud. I once had an officer write "its" instead of "it's" on my ticket and the judge laughed and threw it out. I'm pretty sure the officer was disciplined after that too.

Good luck, keep fighting the good fight!

FerrariEnzo 12-11-2011 01:00 PM

Wait for Skidmark to answer you or any other of the police force, they will know the answer for sure..

but as far as i know.. they can have your name wrong, it still counts.. as long as they have your plate# and /or your DL# correct, you cant get away...

monty007 12-11-2011 04:54 PM

thanks for the responses - the sarcasm was greatly appreciated!!

Happy 12-11-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo (Post 7722866)
Wait for Skidmark to answer you or any other of the police force, they will know the answer for sure..

but as far as i know.. they can have your name wrong, it still counts.. as long as they have your plate# and /or your DL# correct, you cant get away...

One dude wrote my name wrong.. I was hoping it would get void, oh well
Posted via RS Mobile

Soundy 12-11-2011 04:59 PM

I've known of one person to get a ticket dismissed because his name was spelled wrong - he successfully argued, "Your honor, this isn't me on the ticket.".

That said, don't count on the next judge buying that argument, especially if plate and DL# are correct.

nns 04-25-2012 04:35 PM

Sorry to bump this thread, I'm looking for some clarification.

According to the post above mine, if the DL# and plate number are correct, then the ticket is still valid. In my case, the plate number is correct, but the DL # is not.

Is my ticket void or not?

Sky_High 04-25-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7899946)
Sorry to bump this thread, I'm looking for some clarification.

According to the post above mine, if the DL# and plate number are correct, then the ticket is still valid. In my case, the plate number is correct, but the DL # is not.

Is my ticket void or not?

:speechless:

finaldestinyx 04-26-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 7723087)
I've known of one person to get a ticket dismissed because his name was spelled wrong - he successfully argued, "Your honor, this isn't me on the ticket.".

That said, don't count on the next judge buying that argument, especially if plate and DL# are correct.

Are you sure about that? We don't use "your honour" in canada

zulutango 04-26-2012 05:46 AM

Ah yes we do.....Provincial Court is "yer honour"...Traffic Court before a JP is "yer worship'...(although they like to be called yer honour sometimes) and Supreme Court is "my Lord or My Lady". trust me on this one. I have testified in all 3 levels.

CRS 04-26-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finaldestinyx (Post 7900544)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7900666)
Ah yes we do.....Provincial Court is "yer honour"...Traffic Court before a JP is "yer worship'...(although they like to be called yer honour sometimes) and Supreme Court is "my Lord or My Lady". trust me on this one. I have testified in all 3 levels.

And if you're wondering why JP's aren't called "yer honour", it is because they aren't really judges (at least with a law degree). Hence JP = Justice of the Peace.

Soundy 04-26-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finaldestinyx (Post 7900544)

:seriously:

Nlkko 04-26-2012 10:30 AM

Learn to own up to your mistakes. Go to court fight over dumb shits like this.... Wanna know why courts are so clogged up these days?

"Fighting the good fight"? The fuck I don't even.

Soundy 04-26-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nlkko (Post 7900860)
"Fighting the good fight"? The fuck I don't even.

I LOL'd in Starbucks :thumbsup:

zulutango 04-27-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 7900703)
And if you're wondering why JP's aren't called "yer honour", it is because they aren't really judges (at least with a law degree). Hence JP = Justice of the Peace.

One court day I went immediately from Traffic Court to Provincial Court and was on the stand being sworn in within about 3 minutes. I made the mistake of calling the PCJ ..."your worship" and was reminded by him immediately that he was "your honour". I spent a day in Supreme Court 2 weeks ago testifying and it was a lady judge so I wrote "my lady" in large letters on the cover of my file folder so that I would be reminded to NOT make that mistake. Suupremes are very sensitive to their "rank". :)