REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Hobbit Trailer (https://www.revscene.net/forums/659945-hobbit-trailer.html)

CA_FTW 12-14-2012 08:39 AM

the High Frame Rate made the 3D totaly watchable..

Im never a fan of 3D but it was awesome..

I was very impressed the Visual popped out, but not to extreme.. no 3D headache.. nothing..

Movie dragged on a bit.. (but was entertaining the whole way)

8/10

SkinnyPupp 12-14-2012 08:48 AM

I usually avoid 3D movies, but I think I am going to check this one out in 48 fps.

hamsup 12-14-2012 08:56 AM

Great movie.. only shoddy part was the sled chase scene in the open field...

movie.. 8.5/10

european 12-14-2012 10:08 AM

So its only in 48fps? No regular 24fps available?
I watched a little clip about the movie on Daily Planet last night and they only mentioned 48fps and the new cameras for the theatres in order to play this movie.

SkinnyPupp 12-14-2012 10:19 AM

I haven't read into it at all, but the way I see it, 24 fps in 3D is more like 12 fps anyway, since you are only seeing one frame in one eye at a time. So 48 fps will be like 'true' 24 fps. In other words, it won't have that 'video' look

I'll have to wait and see for myself though. There is one theatre in HK showing it in 48, I'll have to wait until the weekend is over before being able to get a decent seat.

gars 12-15-2012 01:40 AM

I saw it in 48p. Some of the scenes were really well done. Some looked pretty bad. The extra clarity really just brought out some of the shoddy lighting in some of the scenes.

Totally worth watching though - still a really good movie. Definitely dragged out, with some unnecessary scenes, but totally worth watching. I really like Martin Freeman as Bilbo. I always felt that Elijah Woods was a horrible Frodo, but Freeman is exactly like what I'd picture a hobbit to be like.

bakasam 12-15-2012 01:52 AM

I was quite impressed with the 48FPS. Worked especially well in the minor parts/scenary etc

The action scenes got a little hectic and I had no idea what was going on at times. Movie was kinda long and can be boring at times if you aren't a hobbit/lotr fan

Overall 8.5/10

I wonder how they will make this into a trilogy though they are clearly milking the franchise haha

guddagudd 12-15-2012 10:39 AM

amazing movie

KingDeeCee 12-16-2012 01:46 AM

Holy crap. Visually orgasmic. Long intro though.

stuff99 12-16-2012 06:30 PM

Great movie.
Posted via RS Mobile

gloors 12-16-2012 06:37 PM

Amazing movie! Made me wanna do an LOTR marathon after I watched the Hobbit
Posted via RS Mobile

Presto 12-17-2012 11:33 PM

I saw the movie in IMAX, tonight. It was pretty good. It started off slow, but things got moving in the 2nd half. Despite the start, it didn't feel like that long of a movie. The visuals looked great on the giant screen. It's a good, high-budget film. Recommended 7/10

Spartacus 12-21-2012 01:08 PM

Worth watching in 3D? Yes or no?
Posted via RS Mobile

KingDeeCee 12-21-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonlightmaskman (Post 8112885)
Worth watching in 3D? Yes or no?
Posted via RS Mobile

Apparently the 48fps helps the 3D a lot. I know when I watched it, there were a couple of moments where I actually flinched. I say it's worth it.

westcoastgsr 12-23-2012 01:25 AM

I didnt think the movie was that great. LOTR kills it imo. I thought the clarity made it look too soap opra like...like i was watching live TV.

RRxtar 12-27-2012 04:25 PM

saw it last nite in regular 3D as we didn't realize the new bad ass theater in kelowna that does the 48 is reserve seating and we didnt want to wait for the next showing.

it may have helped that i watched the LOTR trillogy over the last few weekends, but i really enjoyed the hobbit. there were so many well placed tie ins to the lotr that were fresh in my mind.

i didnt find the movie long at all, as i expected it to take a little while to get going knowing how long the whole thing is going to take over the next installments.

i was extremely happy to see bilbo harden the fuck up half way thru the movie tho. when he was being a little bitch in the first half i had nightmares of how much of a bitch frodo was (will be?).

Culture_Vulture 12-27-2012 05:22 PM

3 hours went by in a flash
would have sat through 6 hours of it if I had to.

used to be a big LOTR/Warhammer fantasy, etc. fan back in high school before and during the Peter Jackson trilogy.

Sadly I matured out of it, but watching The Hobbit brought back all of those nostalgic memories. :fullofwin: