REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   But does it come with turbo? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/660311-but-does-come-turbo.html)

Soundy 12-28-2011 10:08 AM

But does it come with turbo?

Why does this Christophoro guy sound familiar? I was just waiting for "I know people who know people"...

http://img.ibtimes.com/www/articles/...foro-viral.htm

Quote:

There are many instances of exemplary customer service, but this isn't one of them. In fact, this might be one of the most reprehensible exchanges in the history of public relations. Here's the gist of the events: Man orders special game controller; man asks company's PR rep where his order is; man becomes frustrated with unprofessional customer service; PR rep insults and belittles customer; customer shares story with Internet; Internet explodes.
It's a fun read :)

Gridlock 12-28-2011 11:15 AM

I like, but its not my favorite.

My favorite is summed up here:

Picking a fight with The Bloggess and other big PR mistakes | BabySteps | a Chron.com blog

The TLDR version:

PR person sounds out a stupid, blanket e-mail. The blogger writes back with a sarcastic e-mail and a picture of Wil Wheaton collating paper. Naturally.

Said PR person hits reply all with "bitch" to which blogger did not appreciate. E-mails him back saying that its inappropriate. He vaguely apologizes but more thinks she should feel special to be relevant enough to receive their e-mails in the 1st place.

Blogger decides to teach him something of her relevance by tweeting the entire thing to her 168,000 followers.

Hilarity ensues.

FerrariEnzo 12-28-2011 12:50 PM

over a damn controller... :seriously:

InvisibleSoul 12-28-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FerrariEnzo (Post 7740797)
over a damn controller... :seriously:

But it's not about a controller... it's about customer service.

The WORST part of it is his "apology":

Penny Arcade - an update

Quote:

I just wanted to apologize for the way our emails progressed I didn’t know how big your site was and I really didn’t believe you ran Pax , So for what’s its worth I am very sorry.
So from that, it's very clear he's not SORRY for being a douchebag, he's just sorry for being a douchebag to the wrong person, someone with clout.

This guy clearly just doesn't get it.

Soundy 12-29-2011 10:30 AM

And still it goes on: Paul Christoforo Doesn't Seem To Know How To Stop Digging A Deeper Hole Of Internet Infamy | Techdirt

Quote:

You might think that, after the widespread backlash and a couple days to reflect (especially after getting fired from handling the Avenger account), Paul might come back a bit more humble and with a bit more perspective on what he did. In fact, that's exactly what I expected when I saw the headline of Kotaku's interview with him: Chastened Gaming Rep Paul Christoforo Responds to Internet Infamy.

Then I read it. And, all I can say is that Paul doesn't seem to know how to stop himself from digging himself a deeper hole. A recommendation: in the future, maybe just don't speak up. Even as he claims to have learned his lesson, his words show that he still wants to blame others and doesn't seem to recognize why what he did was wrong.

falcon 12-29-2011 10:56 AM

Who cares? Seriously, I could care less I want my 10 minutes back.

Great68 12-29-2011 10:58 AM

Regardless of how much this guy acted like a douche in the original email exchange, having the public harrass and make threats against him, his wife and his 2 month old son is totally uncalled for.

Meowjin 12-29-2011 11:00 AM

the guy who invented the controller is really get fucked.

Presto 12-29-2011 11:05 AM

Here's a facepalm, Christoforo cock-gobbling/stroking BFF interview that the author is starting to get flack for.

Interview with Paul Christoforo, formerly of Ocean Marketing | The Gaming Vault

subordinate 12-29-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinHurricane (Post 7742387)
the guy who invented the controller is really get fucked.

I initially thought the same, but then realized, it might have worked out for the best.

The controller company got a heck load of free PR - more people know about their controllers for the disabled - and they let go of Ocean Dist/Marketting.

On top of that, they admitted their faults in wait times and customer service and vowed to improve that.

The controller company regained respect and more customers - and the attacks are just directed at the individual (Christo)
----------------------------------------------------------

If I was a marketing rep, heck, I would exploit the internet and do this exact same thing. I would create an imaginary employee (in the PR Department), have this imaginary employee be unprofessional in responding to a couple of customers. Then when the snowball effect kicks in (social media, internet), you then immediately rectify the situation to the fullest extent. i.e// Fire the imaginary employee, hire consulting firm, and heck - issue a discount coupon to establish an even larger customer base.

Now that's smart! :ilied:

Noir 12-30-2011 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 7742380)

Do you really think this much people care because everyone knows Paul Christoforo, or that people care because in business, there's a certain modicum of behaviour that's expected, and someone in one way or another, has dealt with rude & condescending customer service.

Who cares #2:

This is also about bullying; and there are a lot of people in some form or another has experienced this in their lives

So yeah.... who cares eh?

urrh 12-30-2011 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 7742380)

it took you 10mins to realize you don't care? :concentrate::seriously: